Buying soda in barcelona

joyus

Isn't it true that one isn't better than another but just that we become accustomed to it. I tried seriously to give up sweetener for sugar and gave up because I just didn't like sugar. Now, isn't there a difference between soda fountain diet coke and canned diet coke? You can manage that, surely, so the Euro-version of Coca (as they call it) will be just fine.

My goodness don't pack a gassy drink in your suitcase...it will explode, I think. The baggage compartments are not pressurized, are they?

One interesting thing about Coke products is that they really do differ (in taste) around the world. We do think that Coke Lite (this is what Diet Coke is called in Europe) has a different taste then in the states. We live in Mexico in the winter and the Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi tastes different down there too. But you might want to just go with the flow since you could find that you like the European version even more then what you get at home. DW, who is a Diet Coke lover, also likes the European stuff although she would tell you it does taste different.

Hank

I'm trying to decide if it may be best to buy my soda in the US and place in my check-in luggage as opposed to buying it in port.

Seriously? You would put soda in your checked luggage and fly to Europe with it? Please don't even consider this; if it explodes, you may not be the only passenger whose clothing gets ruined.

The Coke Zero in Barcelona is all we drank and it was fine for a few weeks. :)

Being diabetic, of course, I need to be careful about sugary drinks. I think it really wanted to make sure that it was a non-sugary drink. Thanks for letting me know that it's "Light" in Barcelona so I'll know what to look for.

As far as bring soda with me, I was thinking I could maybe wrap a case in the heavy plastic garbage bags, but I think I'll bring packs of Crystal Light instead.

Archived