Seats together on flights from UK to Europe

Mae1978

Brochure states that NCL cannot guarantee to offer seats together on flights from UK to Europe and to 'turn up early'....!

Im looking at travelling on Epic next year but wondered if its likely I will be sitting apart from my other half on the flight?

Has anyone any experience of flights and did you get to sit together or apart?

Not liking the thought of starting the holiday sitting at separate ends of the plane - not very romantic!

Did you already book cruise air? If not, book it yourself to get what you want or at least see if you can pay to upgrade together to something like economy plus where you get more leg room. I'm sure the airline will happily take your money.

Not sure if NCL air arrangements are the same from the UK as they are here in the U.S. but I've always found NCL air to be a good bit more expensive than making my own arrangements. Also, they may give you flights and times that don't necessarily meet your preferences.

I always just book my own.

ah yes thats an idea to go to the airline once I get the confirmation through of who it is and when etc and book together then if not too late

Ive not booked yet but would prefer to book direct so NCL handle the whole thing - I assume if they book the flights for you and you are delayed they get you on the ship no matter what but if I book myself Im stuck if delayed - can anyone advise if booking with NCL for flights is a safer option if not the cheapest?

I wouldn't book with NCL. Too many times I have read that their flight options include connecting flights even when direct flights are available, flights arriving very late or flights that are otherwise inconvenient.

I always book flights independently and just make sure that I fly in a day early (which is common sense IMO in any case).

Brochure states that NCL cannot guarantee to offer seats together on flights from UK to Europe and to 'turn up early'....!

Im looking at travelling on Epic next year but wondered if its likely I will be sitting apart from my other half on the flight?

Has anyone any experience of flights and did you get to sit together or apart?

Not liking the thought of starting the holiday sitting at separate ends of the plane - not very romantic!

Twice we've had NCL cruise air. Both times as soon as we had our flight info we called the airline to make sure we had seats together. No problem.

ah yes thats an idea to go to the airline once I get the confirmation through of who it is and when etc and book together then if not too late

Ive not booked yet but would prefer to book direct so NCL handle the whole thing - I assume if they book the flights for you and you are delayed they get you on the ship no matter what but if I book myself Im stuck if delayed - can anyone advise if booking with NCL for flights is a safer option if not the cheapest?

be careful with that assumption that NCL accepts responsibility-in the small print is usually a get out clause saying they book flights as a convenience!

we booked air through NCL a couple of years ago -they were British airways flights and we contacted BA beforehand to ensure seats together.

However we were delayed coming back from the US and missed our connecting domestic flight.We were booked on an alternative flight but had 7 hours to kill in Heathrow airport!!

This time we have booked with British airways direct [cheaper]and have joined their frequent flyer programme which is supposed to give us priority over non club members in case of finding seats on next flight.

Wish us luck we fly tomorrow

I've also read of instances when flights arranged by the airlines are inconvenient at best, ridiculous at worst. While I have no way to confirm it, someone once posted here that to get from LA to NY for a cruise they were routed through Greensboro AND Philly. There are probably only 100 direct flights per day on that route.

As you might expect, I NEVER book air travel through a cruise company. I either book direct with the airlines or through a travel agent.

The problem here is that NCL doesn't buy seats until the last minute therefore all the seats together are gone plus most airlines at least in Canada charge for seat selection so therefore NCL would lose 15 to $20 for each seat. NCL also charge way too much for their flights and we in Canada can do way better on our own.

We risked it only once and only Phoenix to Vancouver. We flew to Vancouver a day early. NCL put us on the first flight out of Phoenix (5:40AM) connecting in San Francisco for like 4 hrs. I had to laugh. There are tons of connections and a couple nonstops. I called my PCC to laugh and he agreed they were ridiculous flights and he got us changed to a nonstop at a reasonable hour. Mind you, this was after the original tickets were already issued so I was shocked he was able to get changed. I would not do it again, and definitely not on a much longer journey.

Archived