Baby bedtime drink

Hi all. Just over 2 weeks until My family & I set sail on the Liberty of the seas.

My daughter who is 20 months still enjoys a warm bottle of cows milk at bedtime. Does anyone know if this would be readily available each evening?

thanks all :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi there. My experience was on Celebrity. There milk was available at the buffet, so either myself or my husband would go to get it before bed. When my room attendant found out we were doing that, he gently scolded me and started bringing us 2 of the room service milks in the early evening and leaving them on ice for us. We were lucky that my kid (14 months at the time) was a-okay with cold milk.

I would ask your room attendant when you get on the ship to see if you can work out an arrangement for milk delivery. Everyone on the ship went out of their way to help us and our little one out.

Have a great trip!

Cheers, Laura.

Thankyou Laura!

That's really helpful. I have been so busy worrying about which excursions to do, which drinks packages etc little things like this just went out of my mind. would you happen to know if there's a kettle in the staterooms to warm the milk? if not I could take my own

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We used to travel with a simple bottle warmer that plugged in to a wall outlet. It was very inexpensive, soft and wrapped around the bottle. Almost like a tiny heating pad. Took up no room in luggage / diaper bag. Room service / cabin steward will be happy to supply milk. You are smart to think of this, vacation has enough changes to a routine, don't mess with bedtime! :)

When I read your post, I read it as 20 year old!! I was thinking wow, that's really weird. As I was reading the responses I was thinking is noone else weirded out by this...! When I reread it and realised it was months I had to smile - I think I may be finally losing it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

If you at the Windjammer or other restaurant and ask them to warm milk for you, be aware that they will use their powerful microwaves to do it. 30 seconds in their microwaves is not the same as 30 seconds in yours at home. The milk will be near boiling! Please be careful if you use that option. Lower the temperature by adding cold milk if that happens.

If you at the Windjammer or other restaurant and ask them to warm milk for you, be aware that they will use their powerful microwaves to do it. 30 seconds in their microwaves is not the same as 30 seconds in yours at home. The milk will be near boiling! Please be careful if you use that option. Lower the temperature by adding cold milk if that happens.

I don't think they would even do this for you.

I don't think they would even do this for you.

They did for me in the Windjammer. I had to ask around. Personally I think the hot water in your stateroom sink is probably the best way to go, as another poster suggested. Hope that idea works out if OP decides to use it.

I sometimes do a cup of hot milk prior to bed, then I brush (and floss and clean my pores), before I hit the hay. Milk does have natural chemical that aid in sleep, helps keep the tummy full through the night, it can be part of a pattern that tells your brain and body that it is time for sleep.

It was not so much the advice, but the manner in which it was written -- jumping to the conclusion that the child is falling asleep mid-bottle. A gentle, diplomatic warning that no child should be falling asleep with a bottle in their mouth would have sufficed.

When my youngest still required a "night cap", I brought along a 12 pack of organic ultra pasteurized milk so I knew I'd have milk handy.

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Valley-Milkfat-Lowfat-8-Ounce/dp/B002FX2IOQ

If you go this route, pack the milk separately in a backpack or small duffel bag so security can check it without delaying the rest of your bags.

Hi all. Just over 2 weeks until My family & I set sail on the Liberty of the seas.

My daughter who is 20 months still enjoys a warm bottle of cows milk at bedtime. Does anyone know if this would be readily available each evening?

thanks all :)

Another approach would be to consider that most "habits" in toddlers can be broken in two to three days. Since you have two weeks, you could always eliminate that bottle. In addition to making your cruise easier, you would have the additional benefits of protecting those young teeth, as milk at bedtime is a huge contributor to dental caries. In reality, if it's really a "bottle" and not a sippy cup, you're best off getting rid of it by that age anyhow.

Just some food for thought!;)

If I were you I'd check if a kettle is in your room, if not pick up an inexpensive travel kettle, pack a small jug and then you can easily (and quickly) warm the bottle of milk. I did this for my youngest on every holiday we took up until she stopped having her bedtime bottle. I seriously wouldn't change her bedtime routine just to make it more convenient so close to travelling - it may be she doesn't want/need the milk whilst away but where little ones are concerned I always believe its better being safe than sorry

Gee, some people don't know enough to just keep their opinions to themselves! If the OP wanted advise on how to wean their child from a bottle, she would have asked for it. I noticed several critical responses have been removed from this thread, but one poster in particular, won't let it go. A simple search of this posters recent activity would reveal they are particularly mean-spirited and opinionated.

To the OP, I would go along with setting the container in hot water for a few minutes. Enjoy your cruise with your family. Rest assured, your beautiful child will not walk down the aisle years from now carrying a baby bottle!

If I were you I'd check if a kettle is in your room, if not pick up an inexpensive travel kettle, pack a small jug and then you can easily (and quickly) warm the bottle of milk. I did this for my youngest on every holiday we took up until she stopped having her bedtime bottle. I seriously wouldn't change her bedtime routine just to make it more convenient so close to travelling - it may be she doesn't want/need the milk whilst away but where little ones are concerned I always believe its better being safe than sorry

As far as I know Royal Caribbean does not allow kettles in the regular state rooms. They consider them a fire hazard. They are VERY accommodating but in worse case order milk and a pot of hot water from room service and either warm the milk in the pot of water or pour a bit of hot water in the milk.

LOL When our kids were little that is how we warmed bottles at home.

Same here. Just run it under hot water. :)

OP, you're her mama and know her needs the best. :)

You're going to have so much fun on your cruise!!! Don't forget to come back and tell us all about it.

Sorry I though Royal Caribbean allowed kettles as I'm sailing from the Uk this year and there will be a kettle in our room - but maybe that's only because we Brits are known for enjoying a cuppa ;-). Worth checking but if they say no I'd go with hot water in the sink or ask your room attendant if you could have boiling water in a teapot??

Gee, some people don't know enough to just keep their opinions to themselves! If the OP wanted advise on how to wean their child from a bottle, she would have asked for it. I noticed several critical responses have been removed from this thread, but one poster in particular, won't let it go. A simple search of this posters recent activity would reveal they are particularly mean-spirited and opinionated.

To the OP, I would go along with setting the container in hot water for a few minutes. Enjoy your cruise with your family. Rest assured, your beautiful child will not walk down the aisle years from now carrying a baby bottle!

Like xx

Archived