Magic is at Punta Langosta pier again?

babsee101

Purely speculation on my part....

Maybe, since Punta Langosta is the more "commercial" pier, set up for more than just cruise ships, there is more help there to work on whatever thruster problems the Magic is having?

And is she off schedule? The Puerta Maya schedule shows the Magic docking there tomorrow.

Edit... No, the Puerta Maya schedule shows the Magic is supposed to be there today, I can't even remember what day it is. :p

Consider it a blessing if it happens to you. Having to pay for a taxi to take you down town is a pain. If you dock downtown you are not at the mercy of their port complex stores...

You're right there, and certainly better than tendering in the old days.

I would only miss my trips to Fat Tuesdays!

Consider it a blessing if it happens to you. Having to pay for a taxi to take you down town is a pain. If you dock downtown you are not at the mercy of their port complex stores...

AMEN!!! Would much rather dock Downtown. We have vendors we visit every visit to Cozumel and each year there are fewer and fewer of them due to the Port Complex!

Its a shame

So if you're never sure which dock Carnival may use at any given time - are we gambling if we try to book private excursions - or do the excursion companies stay up to speed and just meet the ship where ever it ties up?

I know it sounds silly - but this will be the first time I'm going to try private expedition providers vs. ship ones. I understand the typical risks: arriving back late, etc - just wondering. Thx.

Only 2 ships in Coz today. Conquest and Magic so maybe becasue the Conquest was earlier arrival, they (port authorities) just positioned the Magic downtown instead of at the TMMInternational Pier.

I wouldn't bank on the ships mixing this up on the fly so go with Puerta Maya for the Magic in the future. And as someone else has stated, private tour vendors will find you (and be alert to the changes) before the ship tells you.:eek:

Maybe to distribute the passengers and pesos around? Cozumel isn't very busy today.

I read on one of their websites that tourism there was "flat or slightly down" from 2012.

Kind of funny - in November, on the day we are there on the Legend, there will be 6 ships there! I've never been there when it was so busy!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

I read on one of their websites that tourism there was "flat or slightly down" from 2012.

Kind of funny - in November, on the day we are there on the Legend, there will be 6 ships there! I've never been there when it was so busy!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

Around Thanksgiving is the beginning of peak season. There were no NCL ships there today, so each ship could have a pier.

We'll be on Magic in 9 days and going to Coz...I hope they dock downtown (we've never docked there before) because my little swim up bar with the best margaritas in the planet are downtown! lol

Less pesos on the Taxi = More Rita's in my belly! :eek:

Which one is that?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived