Permission to embark a day early in "previous port

MaisonRose

I am booked to board the Ryndam on Nov. 2, 2013 at Barcelona.

On Nov. 1 she docks in Marseille which is just 45 minutes from where I live part of the year.

Have you ever heard of someone getting approval to change and board early?

I realize that it would depend on cabin availabilty, but could it happen?

Could approval be issued once the Ryndam leaves port at Citivecchia?

Last May 4th I disembarked in Toulon and skipped the final two nights on the Reflection Of course I had paid to Rome.)

You can imagine how great it would be for me the skip the trip to BCN and get a direct boarding near my home.

I am booked to board the Ryndam on Nov. 2, 2013 at Barcelona.

On Nov. 1 she docks in Marseille which is just 45 minutes from where I live part of the year.

Have you ever heard of someone getting approval to change and board early?

I realize that it would depend on cabin availabilty, but could it happen?

Could approval be issued once the Ryndam leaves port at Citivecchia?

Last May 4th I disembarked in Toulon and skipped the final two nights on the Reflection Of course I had paid to Rome.)

You can imagine how great it would be for me the skip the trip to BCN and get a direct boarding near my home.

I would imagine that you would have to pay for the cruise prior in order to do it. I've read that if you are on any part of a cruise, you must pay for the whole cruise.

No harm in asking. The worst that can happen is you have to board in Barcelona, and that's already the plan.

It would require there be room on the ship, and that you pay at least for the additional night. There may be other legal formalities, but I am just speculating here.

I know that sometimes people leave a ship a port or two early, and it's accommodated. Perhaps someone will be wanting to leave the preceding cruise, and you can take that cabin.

If you don't ask, you don't get! :D

Good luck.

All of this would assume your cabin-to-be was available on the cruise before you.
Why? They could be put in any available cabin temporarily. On our last cruise the cabin next to ours was used by a series of people for one night each as their normal cabins were being painted.

Why? They could be put in any available cabin temporarily. On our last cruise the cabin next to ours was used by a series of people for one night each as their normal cabins were being painted.

Because it is not common for there to be an available cabin. Truthfully, the SB next to ours was available on the first 10 days or our recent 22 day Collectors on Eurodam. One day- that had been announced for carpet cleaning on our deck- all the furniture was on the balcony. So that cabin got a perhaps more thorough cleaning.

Because it is not common for there to be an available cabin.
That's often said on this forum, but I think even on a "full" ship they have held back an inside or two just in case some cabin has a serious problem that makes it uninhabitable.

Archived