Thirsty Frog Red!

msstarr22

This is great beer--especially when it comes in a 101oz. dispenser...

DSCN1003.jpg

Here's hoping the beer on your next cruise is as great as this one was! Cheers... and Bon Voyage!

I have never seen one of those 101 oz dispensers! Does Budlight come in them also? We keep saying we are going to try the Red Frog.....but then we think....no we really like Bud Light Draft .. and we know we are going to enjoy it :) Maybe on our next cruise we will give it a try - if they have it on the Fascination. If not maybe in May on the Sunshine :)

I thought it was good. They might have been using a pitcher. Last year on the Miracle the barmaid at the atrium bar did not know how to draw a beer. She would put the glass down open the tap and get a half a glass of foam. Then she threw out the foam in the sink and did the same thing over and over again. Since a few of us were drinking TFR. [i like the name Red Frog] she filled a pitcher and let the foam settle. A young man I think she was training, I told him when she was in the back room. Hold the glass at an angle let the beer run down the inside of the glass and wallah no foam no waste. I bet your beer was sitting in a pitcher for a while.

Anyway, back to the beer. IMO, there should be *some* foam. I never, ever pour a beer so much down the side of the glass that there's no foam. Some foam helps eliminate all that fizz that Americans think should be in a beer.

I agree, I do like a little head with my beer

Beer snobs limit themselves to something like Coor's Light.

You're a Beer Geek. :)

Hats off to you!

HERE! HERE!!:):)

Anyway, back to the beer. IMO, there should be *some* foam. I never, ever pour a beer so much down the side of the glass that there's no foam. Some foam helps eliminate all that fizz that Americans think should be in a beer.

Dang, this is making me want to visit the UK again and go on some pub crawls for some real beers!

OP, my favorite stout is actually Murphy's, probably because that was the first thing I had when I arrived in Ireland on my first visit to the UK. A friend was living in Cork and we headed straight to the pub. It was SO delicious!!!!

Yeppers! Even the barmen at "corporate cookie cutter ersatz pubs" in Ireland know the "proper pour" routine-else they'd get whacked over the head by the patrons. Gotta pour out of the tap slowly, let settle then repeat until just a coupel of fingers of foam rise to the top but don't spill over. Real skill, that!:)

I may be wrong (not unheard of) but I think the tubes are only available on the Magic, Breeze & those with the 2.0 upgrades. Here are some fun memories...before, during & after I consumed the tube of TRF! The dancing pictures that came later are safely locked away LOL.

beginning_zps0a90c33b.jpg

halfway_zpsbca21195.jpg

lastdrop_zps02027400.jpg

Is TFR on draught available on the Imagination? And in the big tubes!?

Not sure onthe big tubes but it should be on all Carnival ships now. At least in the Atrium bars. I know back in twenty twelve it wasn't on the Fascination or Inspiration, that should have changed.

Don't go expecting BrewDog Saint or Magic Rock Big Top.

Not sure onthe big tubes but it should be on all Carnival ships now. At least in the Atrium bars. I know back in twenty twelve it wasn't on the Fascination or Inspiration, that should have changed.

There was no Thirsty Frog on the Fascination as of last month. Not even in the atrium bar (which I checked first)! Believe me, I asked at multiple bars when I was onboard. :p

It's my understanding that it's only on the ships with the 2.0 upgrades.

There was no Thirsty Frog on the Fascination as of last month. Not even in the atrium bar (which I checked first)! Believe me, I asked at multiple bars when I was onboard. :p

It's my understanding that it's only on the ships with the 2.0 upgrades.

It was on the Legend in January with no 2.0 upgrades. I got it in the atrium, piano bar and comedy lounge.

Ok I've got to know how much does it cost for the 101 TRF and do you get to keep the dispenser?

You do not get to keep the dispenser and on the Magic, the tube was $29.61 ($25.75 plus gratuity). It could be different now, that was March 2012.

Archived