Thirsty Frog Red!

msstarr22

Can someone tell me what they think of this beer. My DH and I shared one in the theater on our last cruise and it was very very flat! The beer was nearly undrinkable except my DH never lets a drink go to waste:o. What are your thoughts, maybe an old keg or what? Would like to try it on my next cruise but just wary of paying for bad beer!:eek:

I thought it was pretty good on Glory (10-2011). Looking forward to trying it again in November.

I don't recall whether it was terribly "fizzy" or not. I personally like my beer English-style. I don't consider that to be flat.

I am in the same group, I for the most part prefer a Guinnes:)!

I really enjoyed the thirsty from red on the Freedom last year. Looking forward to have one (or several) on the Valor in 12 days!! I think its similar to Rickard's Red or Killians (though def lighter than Killians) I believe it is actually manufactured by Anheuser Busch exclusively for Carnival.

I thought it was delicious! But perhaps if you ordered it in the theatre, it could well have been an old keg. I had mine from the Red Frog Rum bar on the Lido, where its sales would likely be higher.

I really enjoyed the thirsty from red on the Freedom last year. Looking forward to have one (or several) on the Valor in 12 days!! I think its similar to Rickard's Red or Killians (though def lighter than Killians) I believe it is actually manufactured by Anheuser Busch exclusively for Carnival.
Thought it was great!:D Had mine in the lobby bar and sports bar. Can't wait for my next one!;)

Return flat beer. That's easy.

It's not great beer but it's a far sight better than the usual swill offered up by cruise ships.

I agree. Return flat beer. On the Pride in March, I had a Red Frog beer from the Serenity Deck bar. I really do like it a lot (I'm not a beer drinker, just like a really cold draft once in awhile). I've had Red Frog on other ships and I like it, but it's not a light beer. (In my head I have to drink a light beer--calories) When I ordered my second beer, I got whatever the light choice they have on tap--I think it was Miller light. It was awful. Flat as flat could be. I took it back and returned it. Got another Red Frog.

I thought it was pretty good on Glory (10-2011). Looking forward to trying it again in November.

I don't recall whether it was terribly "fizzy" or not. I personally like my beer English-style. I don't consider that to be flat.

it was the keg. If it happens again, get your money back or another drink. I have had flat beer before and they (meaning any good bartender) will always give you another drink.......provided you don't drink the whole thing and then tell them, "no this is flat" after you drank the whole glass, LOL Love Thirsty Frog Red.

Return flat beer. That's easy.

It's not great beer but it's a far sight better than the usual swill offered up by cruise ships.

I agree. Should have been returned and told to tap a new keg.

TRF is a red/amber American style ale brewed by Budweiser(out of Jacksonville for SE US) that didn't catch on with the 6-pack set. It is now sold to restaurants (and cruise lines) for their "special labeling" draft beer. Any time you see XYZ Restaurant Name RED ALE it's highly likely is the same Bud product.

It's not a craft beer by any stretch of the imagination but it is a bit more tasty than the standard swill and fresher than the bottled foreign labeled stuff (especially that green bottled one:rolleyes:).

Now that Sierra Nevada is on board some ships at Bud prices, skip the TRF.

I think you got a bad batch, this beer is awesome and I can't wait to drink it again in 46 days. Everyone in our party loved it. For some background I typically drink dark beer when given the choice. I would definitely give it another try.

Can someone tell me what they think of this beer. My DH and I shared one in the theater on our last cruise and it was very very flat! The beer was nearly undrinkable except my DH never lets a drink go to waste:o. What are your thoughts, maybe an old keg or what? Would like to try it on my next cruise but just wary of paying for bad beer!:eek:

I enjoyed the Thirsty Frog Red on the Breeze in January. And then we sailed on the Fascination in June and I went through withdrawal and had to settle for buckets of Miller Lite. Lol.

We'll be cruising on the Liberty in November and I'm looking forward to indulging in several pints of TFR! :D

...Love TFR! Had one or two everyday on our January Breeze cruise. Usually either from the Pub or the Atrium Bar. It was always ice cold.

...You said you got your flat beer from the theatre. Was it possible that it was during the past guest party, where they may have had them poured in advance, waiting to distribute to the crowd? Just a thought.

Drank the 101oz version on the Magic, no issues here!!!

Bob

I did that too...the guys in our group shared a tube of Budlight and I drank the 101 oz of TRF and enjoyed every last ounce!

However, when we ordered it on the Splendor in the Sports bar just a few months later, the taste was terrible. We even had him give us a new one but it was so bad that I went back to BudLight :).

I agree. Should have been returned and told to tap a new keg.

TRF is a red/amber American style ale brewed by Budweiser(out of Jacksonville for SE US) that didn't catch on with the 6-pack set. It is now sold to restaurants (and cruise lines) for their "special labeling" draft beer. Any time you see XYZ Restaurant Name RED ALE it's highly likely is the same Bud product.

It's not a craft beer by any stretch of the imagination but it is a bit more tasty than the standard swill and fresher than the bottled foreign labeled stuff (especially that green bottled one:rolleyes:).

Now that Sierra Nevada is on board some ships at Bud prices, skip the TRF.

It's better than all of the American Light Lager from around around the world that they sell. It ain't great but it's better than the usual swill.

I'm a beer snob and the darker the better. I thought it was very good and I never had a flat one. I think you had a bad keg.

Beer snobs limit themselves to something like Coor's Light.

You're a Beer Geek. :)

Hats off to you!

Archived