Balcony Newbie wanting YOUR Tips & Must Do's!

LiveLAUGHLove21

My FAVORITE spot on the Freedom this past June was on our balcony. The swish of the water against the boat, the breeze and the most AWESOME blue waters... *sigh*

Our last night of our cruise, at midnight, we were on the balcony, champaigne in hand, toasting my 52nd birthday.

This was our 1st cruise and I think we got more bang for our buck by having a balcony.

My FAVORITE spot on the Freedom this past June was on our balcony. The swish of the water against the boat, the breeze and the most AWESOME blue waters... *sigh*

Our last night of our cruise, at midnight, we were on the balcony, champaigne in hand, toasting my 52nd birthday.

This was our 1st cruise and I think we got more bang for our buck by having a balcony.

We started with a premium balcony on our first cruise. Now I doubt we'll ever know what a inside, oceanview, or regular balcony are like. We booked another premium balcony for our next cruise and a aft-wrap balcony for the cruise after that. We are addicted to large balconies now! :eek:

I'd love to hear more about the camera you got. We've been thinking about the GoPro, but don't want to spend the cash if we can find something cheaper that's compatible for less rugged use.

I haven't used it yet but it is a Gear Pro 720p HD Sport Action Cam I got on Woot for $40. You can Google it and see some pretty good videos taken with it and mixed reviews. Amazon has it right now for $50. It's certainly not a high end sport camera but I'm excited to use it soon.

I haven't used it yet but it is a Gear Pro 720p HD Sport Action Cam I got on Woot for $40. You can Google it and see some pretty good videos taken with it and mixed reviews. Amazon has it right now for $50. It's certainly not a high end sport camera but I'm excited to use it soon.

Thanks! I found one on Amazon with a waterproof case for $59.00. Probably gonna invest in one.

Very nice. I just got a g0pr0 knockoff from Woot! and this will be done.

Yours should come out much better than mine - it was with an old 3MP SeaLife waterproof camera that happened to have a "Spy" setting - so it would shoot a pic every 15 seconds or so.

Definitely also looking at GoPro knockoffs for next cruise next year. Will keep an eye out for your post!

We have always booked a stateroom with a balcony. I can't imagine cruising without one.

We like being on our balcony for the sail away, sunrises, sunsets, docking at each port, star gazing, eating, just relaxing. Sometimes you can have all of the above in the same cruise which makes it nice.

Happy Cruising!

We're cruising this October in our first balcony on the Breeze! We're on deck 8 (Verandah deck I believe). We MAY upgrade to a spa balcony if the price drops ;)

I want to know anything and everything I can about having a balcony and I want your tips, suggestions, "must dos" so I can be sure to thoroughly enjoy it! :D

Thanks ya'll-------- HAPPY CRUISING!!!!!!!!!:p

Balcony club.

Archived