Platinum???????

msstarr22

Has the deadline past to be grandfathered in for the platinum level that used to be, the 10 cruises. Can I still book them future cruises to get there?

You have until the end of this year to reach 10 cruises to become Platinum under the grandfathering rule. Hope you make it. :-)

Check out this 2012 CC article:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4862

"For some program members -- but not all -- a grandfather clause offers protection. Past-passengers who have sailed at least 10 times will automatically retain their Platinum status. Furthermore, all Carnival loyalists have until December 31, 2013 to complete 10 cruises and get into the Platinum tier regardless of the number of cruise days/VIFP points they may have accumulated."

You have until the end of this year to reach 10 cruises to become Platinum under the grandfathering rule. Hope you make it. :-)

"For some program members -- but not all -- a grandfather clause offers protection. Past-passengers who have sailed at least 10 times will automatically retain their Platinum status. Furthermore, all Carnival loyalists have until December 31, 2013 to complete 10 cruises and get into the Platinum tier regardless of the number of cruise days/VIFP points they may have accumulated."

I will be Platinum on my upcoming cruise grandfathered in under the old program, now how many more cruises until I get to Diamond?

Thanks

I will be Platinum on my upcoming cruise grandfathered in under the old program, now how many more cruises until I get to Diamond?

Thanks

200 cruising days. Period. If you take 10-day cruises, 20 cruises; if you take 5-day cruises, 40 cruises; or any combination. No "Grandfather" there, as this is a new passenger category... Personally, I think the number is set a little high, but its Carnival's decision - it should be twice the number of cruise days that you need for Platinum in the new system, or 150 days. ...but that's JMHO...

JH made a comment recently they are reviewing platinum so hopefully they will be making it better

If this is true I suspect what their looking at is following the lead of other cruise lines by awarding extra credits for higher categories. I doubt they will lower the requirements for platinum although for diamond I think they should lower the days and increase the benefits.

Still there as PP mentioned and as long as the ship leaves by December 31st of this year it still counts. We're eyeing a New Years that leaves on NYE.

emphasis mine

Carnival Brides- confirm whether the cruise has to be COMPLETED by December 31. Legalise is a very precise language.

It does not have to be completed by the 31st. The way it was explained to me was that the ship can return after the 31st, but must set sail before the 31st. We are eyeing the NYE sailing of the Fantasy which leaves on the 31st. It will make my wife Platinum because she should be Platinum at the start of her tenth cruise that leaves before the New Year. It's confusing, but the loophole applies to a very small number of cruisers, so they're not going out of their way to fix it.

I'm checking with JH just to make sure.

If this is true I suspect what their looking at is following the lead of other cruise lines by awarding extra credits for higher categories. I doubt they will lower the requirements for platinum although for diamond I think they should lower the days and increase the benefits.

It took about three years last time and they kept saying it was going to be better but we all know how that worked out.

this has been debated on another thread...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1905053

but also in the CCL's FAQ's, it states that one must "start" their 10th cruise to become grandfathered in. One place on their website states "complete" and another place says "start"

So staying true to Carnival's usual fashion, ask 2 different employees, get 2 different answers lol. :rolleyes: In this case, look at two different pages on the same site.

Strange how it worked out, but it looks like our 75 days will work out to be 10 cruises since after our next cruise (9) which is already booked, will bring us up to 70 days. It is highly unlikely that we plan a cruise shorter than 5 days, so we will be Platinum on cruise 10 no matter what.

My daughter (17) will be at 67 days (8 days away) after her 8th cruise (already booked), so if we book an 8 day, she'll be platinum in just 9 days. The new system will get her there faster.

Archived