Oatmeal on the Summit

CruisinCadie

Ooh, apple cider oatmeal sounds yummy!

Thanks to everyone who answered. It sounds like I will have multiple options.

Kathy

On Reflection in Apr. they had introduced the new "SPE" certified items and the apple cider oatmeal was offered everyday in the main DR.

It is delicious. Besides the little chunks of apples, it also has some golden raisins here and there. A dollop of Greek yogurt is served on the top.

They don't add milk or cream. If you want that (I asked for some hot skim milk) you can add it.

It's a large very filling bowl. I couldn't even eat half of it but it was very satisfying.

Enjoy!

I see we have a great bunch of scientific researchers here. And I'd be very happy if someone would research the ice cream flavors sometime.

Kathy

Why didn't you ask that three weeks ago?!? LOL

I did try some of the flavors...

vanilla - good to very good

chocolate - very good, on the dark chocolate side

strawberry - loved it because it didn't have any strawberry chunks in it, very smooth

raspberry sherbet - really good, especially together with vanilla

coconut? - tried one that was nasty... think it was coconut, not sweet and tasteless

cinnamon - didn't have it, but it was HIGHLY recommended by many

flavors I didn't try but saw - mango, rum raisin, papaya, cinnamon, soft serve (one per day, they had chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, mixed choc/van), sf varieties (one per day, different every day), no sugar added varieties (same, one per day, changed daily).

I didn't see any flavors with things mixed into it... like cookies and cream, rocky road, peanut butter cup, etc. I don't think the rum raisin had whole raisins, either. They had chocolate sauce, sometimes hot fudge sauce, sometimes strawberry sauce, M&Ms (plain and peanut), Reece's Pieces and gummy worms. Some days they had either M&Ms OR Reece's Pieces. FYI, you can ask for a dish of JUST candy. We often got just M&Ms, no ice cream. :)

The BEST ice cream is the gelato. Worth paying for, IMHO. If you go to Qsine, get the Silver Bullet for dessert... it's an ice cream lover's dessert, for sure. It has two kinds of sherbet/sorbet and one gelato in it. SO good.

Archived