JS vs. GS - need upgrade advice

yes, it is $327 total for the upgrade. I was torn because it is just a 4 night cruise and was wondering how much of the added perks we would use. I appreciate everyone's thoughts - please keep them coming! :)

You really sure that is right? Only $327 to upgrade total to a GS from a JS........that doesn't seem right?

You aren't looking at Special Tuesday Sales offers are you for new bookings only?

What is the exact sale date in September?

Yep, it's $327 total. I checked the prices this morning so not a Tuesday sale. It's $200 more per person for my husband and I but it's $100 less for my daughter than the JS. There's an increase in the tax so the total came to $327. It has been quite a bit more for the GS but prices dropped this morning. There are still 10 GS rooms available so I'm sure they're trying to encourage upgrades with the price drop.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, much appreciated. I think we're going to stay put. If it was a longer cruise or our little one was older, I'd do it but I just don't think we'll get much use out of the CL or preferred theater seating. Some of the other perks won't apply so I think this will be best. Either way, I know we'll have a great time!

I'm sure we'll do a GS at some point, would love to be pampered for a week. :)

Some of the GS are directly below the pool deck, so can be quite noisy. If you are thinking of frequent naps (for yourself or your child), you might be happier all the way aft. Yes, there will be noise from the wake and sometimes the engines, but it's a constant noise (mostly) so easier to get used to.

I'd probably stay put for that reason. As I enter my second childhood years, naps are important!:)

We chose the aft JS on EN because we weren't happy with the location of the suites. Our experience on Monarch with the GS being under the WJ was lots of overnight noise from rolling carts and such. DH is a suite snob, but not with this setup.

Yep, it's $327 total. I checked the prices this morning so not a Tuesday sale. It's $200 more per person for my husband and I but it's $100 less for my daughter than the JS. There's an increase in the tax so the total came to $327. It has been quite a bit more for the GS but prices dropped this morning. There are still 10 GS rooms available so I'm sure they're trying to encourage upgrades with the price drop.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, much appreciated. I think we're going to stay put. If it was a longer cruise or our little one was older, I'd do it but I just don't think we'll get much use out of the CL or preferred theater seating. Some of the other perks won't apply so I think this will be best. Either way, I know we'll have a great time!

I'm sure we'll do a GS at some point, would love to be pampered for a week. :)

What's the sale date?

This weeks specials because of the Holiday last all week, not just Tuesday. Those new bookings only rates last until Friday.

Edit:, it's a resident rate sale...........What state are you from? September 30th sailing

That is why you are seeing different prices then everyone else. Are you from Florida?

Right now for these states: FL,GA,AL,NC,SC,NJ,MI,OH,IL,IN

GS...... $799 1st and 2nd Passengers 3rd $229 otherwise it's $949 1st and 2nd, 3rd is $329

JS........$629 1st and 2nd Passengers 3rd $329

I think I would take the Grand Suite too and do the aft cabin another time.

There is even 3 Owners Suites available at $1149.........heck they may even reduce those soon to maybe $999,then you really have something to think about. :)

Jimbo:)

Archived