duty free liquor

subtlefantasy

If I buy duty free liquor on board, can I take that home on my flight? Do I put it in my carry on? How does the screening staff deal with this?

Yes, you can take it home on your flight - but not in your carry-on. It has to be packed in your suitcase.

You also need to realize that it may be duty-free at purchase, but your government has other ideas. If you are over the allowed limit for your country, you will have to pay import duty on it.

to come back to canada, we are allowed 1 bottle of hard liquor. i believe its one litre. my last trip i had 2 bottles (at less than half the price of one here, thank you very much. i declared them on my form and the border people didn't even question it. i figured even if i had to pay duty on the 2nd bottle it was cheaper than buying it here.

to come back to canada, we are allowed 1 bottle of hard liquor. i believe its one litre. my last trip i had 2 bottles (at less than half the price of one here, thank you very much. i declared them on my form and the border people didn't even question it. i figured even if i had to pay duty on the 2nd bottle it was cheaper than buying it here.

Duties and taxes are aprox. 102% for any hard liquor over 1 liter. I know many friends who are allowed to pass through with more but I've been pulled over for barely exceeding my exemption. Profiling is not a good thing.:(

I know that some duty free ports and airlines have a special bag they can put yur liquor in so you can take it onboard the aircraft. I know this is true for London Heathrow and on United Airlines. Ask Princess if they have them. Princess's duty free are very good prices

to come back to canada, we are allowed 1 bottle of hard liquor. i believe its one litre.

Doesn't this apply to all, not just Canadian citizens?

For example, a non-Canadian citizen disembarking in Vancouver and heading to the airport most go through Canadian customs when disembarking. I would assume the Canadian limit would apply even if flying to another country from the Vancouver airport.

We had stopped purchasing duty free liquor unless we were sailing to our home port only because of the airline restrictions. It just wasn't worth paying for an extra checked bag or paying the price for over weight luggage. One time when we were flying from San Juan we noticed that passengers were purchasing liquor in the duty free shops that are located past the security check point. We purchased liquor there and they packed it up in a nice sealed tote that we carried on the plane.

If I buy duty free liquor on board, can I take that home on my flight? Do I put it in my carry on? How does the screening staff deal with this?

You get your liquor order on the last day of your cruise, so you pretty much have to take it home with you. Princess sells the padded bottle bags for $1, but its only for standard size/shape bottles. As other posters have noted, you'll have to pack it in your checked luggage. We only buy from them if they have something we can't get at home, the duty free in the airports usually only carry basics so if we need that kind of stuff we buy it there.

Archived