Luggage Question

marcyjane

I'm also a fan of distinctive, here is the new luggage I just purchased!

865577648_260.jpg

For those of you getting new luggage, here is a good use for the old ones. The cat always gets in the luggage anyway!

OOps, too big, let me try again!

Is this hardside or softside luggage? Thanks Marcy

I bought a hard case suitcase with spinner wheels, but hated it - ok on a cruise, you unpack - brutal in a hotel room, had to open it double size on the bed or the floor - will not fit on a luggage rack. Opened in the middle and you had to put thought into packing it to distribute the weight. Found it way to awkward. Only used it once and replaced it with light weight soft sided spinner with regular top open suitcase.

I too prefer cheaper - do not like them covered in lables/scuff marks etc - easier to toss and get new every few years, then it is no biggy if the airline messes it up!!

Thanks for the info on hard case luggage. I have been thinking about it, but didn't seem to have that much give and was afraid it would crack.

Thanks Marcy!

Price and weight are issues to think about, but don't forget the size. The wheels on the spinners appear taller than the two wheel type. Remenber the size limitations include the wheels and to the handle.

I have read that the European size limit is smaller than the US.

Thanks good to know!

Marcy

Price and weight are issues to think about, but don't forget the size. The wheels on the spinners appear taller than the two wheel type. Remenber the size limitations include the wheels and to the handle.

I have read that the European size limit is smaller than the US.

Thanks good to know!:)

Marcy

For me since I fly weight is #1 on my list. The lighter the better. Under 10lbs a must.

Next it's wheels. Four is better than two, but construction is more important. Baggage handlers are absolutely brutal on luggage and wheels/wheel mounts inevitably go first.

My current luggage I'd describe as a hybrid hard/soft case. Parts of it are hard and provide structure but the sides are a heavy duty synthetic weave. Because of the hard portions, an expansion zipper is built in allowing the case to widen an extra inch or two.

I'm in the less expensive is better group. Although I have to feel confident that the bag will at least survive its first trip. I suspect that if I traveled more frequently than I currently do, I'd think seriously about investing in more expensive stuff.

Archived