Oasis Review (Aug. 31-Sep.7) WARNING: LONG, DO NOT READ

Thank you and everyone else for the kind words. I'm glad you are enjoying it. If you think my review is funny, have you ever read a SailorJack review? His reviews are absolutely epic. He is a very good writer, has an incredible sense of humor and has his own unique style. I could not recommend them enough. I think I have 7 of his reviews bookmarked. Here is one of them. Search the rest, trust me, they are so worth it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1534248

Yorkvillian, your writing style actually reminds me of SailorJack's! Loving the review - can't wait to read what other adventures you and Courtney had during the week.

DAY 5

Wednesday began with another trip to the Windjammer and another Trainman favorite: the bread pudding with vanilla sauce.

IMG_0592_zpscf68b811.jpg

Day 5 was a day at sea so of course the pools were jam packed. It was a little windy however my alligators did a superb job of holding my towel in place:

IMG_0601_zpsb8ee3ed8.jpg

We also won 2 more times at dummy trivia: 'Colors' trivia and a perfect score in the '70's disco music' trivia.

8da46ad8-dab1-477a-a929-b453dbbbf4fc_zpse16e09e9.jpg

eb28fc2a-faac-4250-ab96-f65aa442c25b_zpscda2e13a.jpg

Quick background on the team names: For 'Dan & Laura's Tablemates', Dan and Laura were our other tablemates on the Explorer in March. They were a unique but fun couple to say the least and I don't think I ever saw either one of them the entire nine days without a glass of wine in their hands. They were sort of legends on that sailing and were responsible for the ship being delayed in San Juan. Laura also told us a story at dinner one night of how she got lost on the ship and spent a good hour down in the crew's living area before someone asked if she was lost. Of course she replied "no, why?"

'Strawberry Goodies' was the drink of the day on Day 5 and one of the waiters by the pool would chant the name out in an effort to get passengers to buy it from him, "STRAW-BERRY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD-IEEEEEEEEEEES!". I couldn't get that out of my head for a few hours and coupled with my team name creative juices hitting a writer's block, I decided to just go with that for our team name.

The second trivia was right before dinner and the prizes we received for that one were once again the document/passport holder. We decided to give our prize to John & Jill from Chicago, who were the couple that graded our paper. We walked and talked with them on the way to the MDR and we told that them that we were stuck at a table for two. Jill said "come sit with us, our tablemates haven't been here all week'. It was lobster night so there was a good chance that the missing couple would finally make it to the MDR however we took our chances and joined them. We had a good time with them however I only ate two lobster tails, which was an all-time low for me. Usually I crush three and sometimes four but tonight I was full on just two.

I wanted to go to the comedy club once during the trip and we hadn't gone yet so at the last minute we tried to make the 10:30 show. Unfortunately, it was full so we decided to just go back to the room, go to sleep early and make sure we make it to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel the next day.

NEXT UP: Day 6 - Royal ignores my breakfast delivery time slot again & my 3rd attempt at Nachi Cocum.

Can't wait to read your thoughts on Nachi Cocum!! We'll be there next month! So excited to experience it, but at the same time, that will be our last port on the cruise.:(

Oh well still plenty of fun to be had before then!!!:D

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming..:)

Edited by cruzegurl104

Sounds like you are really off your game on this cruise, going to bed early, not winning trivia as much, and not getting down four lobster tails!!:eek: Sounds like you need to book a few more cruises to get back in shape and start staying up all night, and killing as many lobsters as you are allowed!:rolleyes::D:eek:

Keith

DAY 5

Day 5 was a day at sea so of course the pools were jam packed. It was a little windy however my alligators did a superb job of holding my towel in place:

IMG_0601_zpsb8ee3ed8.jpg

Enjoying your review.

Where did you find the alligators? We were on the Freedom last week and on Saturday while sitting around the pool deck watching college football, a couple across from us had green alligators which is a very practical idea. My wife even commented that I should have come up with the idea so we would be rich and could enjoy the Caribbean everyday. I'm sure the inventor of these clips spent countless days on the pool deck trying to figure out how to keep his towel from sliding off the chair.

I was wondering if you tried the Flowrider :) Did you meet Tam? Sorry to hear that your stand up surfing was not as successful as the boogie boarding. Some folks catch on much quicker (the very young whose bones knit much faster) that others. It took us a while to finally get it, but once we did, we were hooked :D

Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise. Thanks for the review and we agree 100% about the Solarium, it is MUCH too warm. We prefer the Freedom class for just that reason, the Solarium is cooler, bigger pool and nicer to spend time in. :p

Oh I didn't meet Tam, I totally forgot to ask. I think I will be much better the next time I try the Flowrider. I just had to 'get my feet wet' first.

I enjoyed reading your review .

If you had to choose Oasis or Allure what one would you pick?

Wow, that is a tough question. It really doesn't matter to me, they are both amazing but if I had to choose I would pick the Oasis only because it is Saturday-Saturday and I would only miss one NFL Sunday! :eek:

We are huge RCCL fans and are sailing on the Oasis with my in-laws to the Eastern Caribbean in December. I feel like there is a ton I should be doing as far as planning and preparation (other than shopping which I have covered ;), but because of a grandmother recently put on hospice and a Disney trip I am planning for my niece in November which has required a lot of coordinating between family members, my cruise has gotten little to no attention.

I am loving the TRs to help us see what we need to be sure to try to do once we are on the ship, but there are not enough pre trip reports (and yours covered too little of the planning aspect for me :) here, so I am making a direct plea.

I'd really really appreciate any suggestions you have for what we should be doing as far as planning and preparing for our trip which is just about 3 months out now. The last RCCL ship I was on was the Explorer of the Seas (LOVED IT), and as excited as I am about the Explorer, I am also nervous about being overwhelmed by the size. My in-laws have never cruised before and are looking to me to take care of everything for them....perhaps why I have been in shut down mode a bit remembering the last time I took a trip with them :eek:, but I need to get on the ball.

We tried booking excursions a few months ago and the one we were excited about in St Maarten was cancelled because it isn't being offered on our sailing for some reason.