Post-Final Payment, What would you do?

Cruisin'Jenny2

I'm a first-time Celebrity cruiser who just made final payment on a November cruise (or intended to) a week ago. I'm not really familiar with Celebrity Customer Service practice, other than what I've read on this website which is not all that flattering to Celebrity.

I made my final payment online on Sept 10th - a week ago now. I received a confirming email. The next day, I received a call from an "Aqua Class Concierge" who thanked me for booking and wanted to help me book more stuff - drink package, specialty dining, shore excursions, spa treatments... she neglected to check my booking first to see that this has already been done...

Problem is that "my Celebrity" still shows the final payment due and not paid.

Anyway, I booked directly with Celebrity, but my "planner" is on an extended leave of absence. I called her replacement, left 2 messages, but never got a call back. I called the regular 800 number for reservations, spoke to an agent who told me not to worry, and that they sometimes take a couple of days to process the payments and update the website.

SO, my question is... REALLY? a week later and Celebrity doesn't acknowledge my payment? My credit card has not been charged. I'm not really comfortable thinking Celebrity might cancel EVERYTHING and keep my deposit. I could probably re-book and get it all back, but that sure would be a lot of brain damage.

OH, and the fare has gone down over $800 for a solo cruiser in the AQ-1 cabin next door to mine which is still available.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO???? Please, I need advice from experience Celebrity guests.

Thanks,

Jen

I'm a first-time Celebrity cruiser who just made final payment on a November cruise (or intended to) a week ago. I'm not really familiar with Celebrity Customer Service practice' date=' other than what I've read on this website which is not all that flattering to Celebrity.

I made my final payment online on Sept 10th - a week ago now. I received a confirming email. The next day, I received a call from an "Aqua Class Concierge" who thanked me for booking and wanted to help me book more stuff - drink package, specialty dining, shore excursions, spa treatments... she neglected to check my booking first to see that this has already been done...

Problem is that "my Celebrity" still shows the final payment due and not paid.

Anyway, I booked directly with Celebrity, but my "planner" is on an extended leave of absence. I called her replacement, left 2 messages, but never got a call back. I called the regular 800 number for reservations, spoke to an agent who told me not to worry, and that they sometimes take a couple of days to process the payments and update the website.

SO, my question is... REALLY? a week later and Celebrity doesn't acknowledge my payment? My credit card has not been charged. I'm not really comfortable thinking Celebrity might cancel EVERYTHING and keep my deposit. I could probably re-book and get it all back, but that sure would be a lot of brain damage.

OH, and the fare has gone down over $800 for a solo cruiser in the AQ-1 cabin next door to mine which is still available.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO???? Please, I need advice from experience Celebrity guests.

Thanks,

Jen[/quote']

Hi Jen,

My advice is to contact Captains Club first thing in the morning at 1-800-760-0654. Explain to them, that you use the CVP team, but that your CVP agent is on vacation. If they cannot assist, I'm sure they will put you in touch with someone who can assist. If they are unwilling to assist (which is unlikely), keep going up the ladder, and ask to speak with a supervisor.

I think the odds are good, that everything will be fine, but I'd certainly want written confirmation - just to be safe. Regarding your comment about the price drop, you will not receive a refund after final payment, but you may be able to upgrade your cabin to a higher category, so be sure to ask about that.

Please let us know the outcome. Good Luck !

There is a travel advocate who has a newspaper column in the Sun-Sentinel. He always recommends carrying out any disputes or questions in writing, preferably by email.

I'd certainly not wait to hear from a newspaper columnist, as this is time sensitive. Besides, a phone call to Captains Club should resolve the matter. I'd only consider your suggestion if Celebrity is unwilling to resolve, which is highly unlikely.

I had the same problem with making an on-line payment last week. Celebrity's site said payment was processing but it never sent a confirmation and there was no posting on credit card.

I called Celeb and was told they were having some problems with the web site payments not being processed. Did the payment on the phone, got confirmation in minutes and everyone was happy. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes.

Enjoy your cruise. Mine isn't until March.

I also tried a couple of times to make my final payment on-line several months ago and it said it was processing, but never showed up on my account or credit card. I called Celebrity, chose the existing reservation button (I think that was what is was called) and they said it hadn't gone through and took my cc info on the phone. Luckily I had started trying to pay a week or two ahead of time so ended up paying on time and my reservation was not cancelled (I suppose that could happen). Interestingly, when I told the agent about the problem, he said "did you log in first?" and I said "yes" - he said "well that's your problem - you shouldn't have logged in." Makes perfect sense. ;)

I was having similar problems in August with my Dad's reservation - it seems backwards but when I logged in, nothing worked and I could not see the reservation to make a payment but if I went through my booking instead with the reservation number, it worked ok.

I ended up calling captains club who got someone to ring me and sort it over the phone

Sounds to me you could just give up on that booking. Take screen shots of having "no record of your payment" Register a No payment on whatever card (I assume that you used one) if the first one comes through.

Book the cheaper cruise price now available and save the money.

I also assume this is what you wanted to hear.

I am just so fed up with Customer Ticketing issues.

Sounds to me you could just give up on that booking. Take screen shots of having "no record of your payment" Register a No payment on whatever card (I assume that you used one) if the first one comes through.

Book the cheaper cruise price now available and save the money.

I also assume this is what you wanted to hear.

I am just so fed up with Customer Ticketing issues.

That's what I'd do too. If Celebrity can't get its bookkeeping act together, too bad for Celebrity.

I would reject that approach, if I could prove that I attempted to make final payment and Celebrity goofed.

While this sounds justified and reasonable the reality is that if Celebrity deems the deposit forfeited then it could be a long a difficult process to get it refunded - if they ever do refund it.

It also sounds like the OP's payment is probably in process so if they just abandoned the original booking and made a second booking there is a great potential for a massive paperwork mess if payments were put through on both bookings.

But I was Cruisin'Jenny2 I'd definitely try to get someone on the phone at Celebrity to see if my payment had been processed. If not I'd look into the possibility of getting the lower fare. Since we don't know all of the facts it could even been that they would save money even if the deposit were forfeited. I'd start calling and asking for supervisors and/or "problem resolution department".

I had the same problem with making an on-line payment last week. Celebrity's site said payment was processing but it never sent a confirmation and there was no posting on credit card.

I called Celeb and was told they were having some problems with the web site payments not being processed. Did the payment on the phone, got confirmation in minutes and everyone was happy. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes.

Enjoy your cruise. Mine isn't until March.

Exactly the same for me, except I was shown that they were unable to proceed with payment at this moment.

I rang Celebrity, who told me that there had been no activity that morning, so I completed the payment on the phone, and was sent email confirmation within 5 minutes.

I booked onboard for the first time last week and am keeping the reservation with Celebrity for the time being. I did not know that payments could be made online. Can changes also be made to stateroom assignments, online? For instance, if we wanted to change from a 2C to a AQ. Can we do so ourselves or do we have to call Celebrity?

I booked onboard for the first time last week and am keeping the reservation with Celebrity for the time being. I did not know that payments could be made online. Can changes also be made to stateroom assignments, online? For instance, if we wanted to change from a 2C to a AQ. Can we do so ourselves or do we have to call Celebrity?

I called Celebrity.

I had been watching a corner FV cabin , which was + £150 more than the FV that I had upgraded to a few months before.

Eventually, I rang Celebrity and was changed to the corner cabin at no extra cost, because it was the same category!

Archived