B & H services

I know a few of you have used B&H in the past. Do they deliver promptly? Have you ever had to do a return, and how are they with returns?

I'll be ordering my lens tomorrow. I really thought I was getting it from amazon, but after checking Adorama and B&H, B&H is offering 2% or 4% back and free filters. I doubt the filters are worth anything, but if I could get $20 or $40 towards a future purchase, I figured I may as well. I wish amazon would have kept their 4% return on the lens, because I would have bought it from them. (I usually buy from them)

I have ordered from B&H on many occasions. I have found that orders may sit pending for a few days before it is sent to the warehouse. But once sent to the warehouse, orders have been filled in a timely manner. And shipped orders may sit for a day waiting for the carrier to pick it up.

Another delay you will encounter is Saturdays and Jewish holidays. The company is closed to observe Jewish rites. If you visit their website, there will be information posted warning of any holidays that may delay ordering and when the website will be accepting orders again.

My policy is to never ever order from the web if you need the item right away because of delays in sending orders to be filled and waiting for the carrier to pick it up. You may pay extra for next day delivery, but next day is only good once the order is filled and picked up by the carrier. There could be a delay of a few days.

If I am in a hurry for an item, I find it locally and go pick it up myself, even if it is going to cost me more.

I have returned a couple of items without any trouble. I might point out that you have 30 days of purchase date in order to return an item. Just make sure you follow the instructions on the Returns Policy site.

I am a happy and satisfied B&H customer.

I need it by oct. 17. Maybe that's cutting it too close.:confused:??

They will get it to you with time to spare. Order it on the 30th and you will have it long before you need it. Others I guess have had other experiences, but my orders have always gone out next business day after placing an order.

I have used B&H, Adorama, Normans Camera, Roberts Camera, Cameta, and Amazon to order stuff, all of which have worked out well.

However, my favorable impression of Amazon lately has gone down - and they are usually the last on my current choice of vendors.

With B&H, I'll use free shipping when available for smaller - less expensive items, but for things like lenses, they usually offer UPS at a discount, so I usually go with that option.

I have returned stuff to B&H without hassle.

The only real issue with B&H and Adorama is they tend to be closed about half the month of Sept. They seem to have more holidays than Banks.

If I want stuff the fastest, I go with Norman's Camera, as they are about 20 miles from where I live. I can either pick it up at the store, or they ship it overnight. Their pricing is usually a bit more than the big box on-line retailers, and their inventory is limited - but for small town USA, they are nice to have just around the corner, and I do like to support my local camera shop.

Also if I am looking refurbished, Roberts Camera as they are in Indianapolis, some 4 hours from where I live. But their inventory is also limited and they are a few dollars more compared to the others, but they are one of the better places if you are looking for refurbished gear.

Cameta also usually has a lot of refurbished, but it seems they take the longest to ship. I suppose being on Long Island, it takes an extra day or two to go through NYC to mainland USA.

Normans, Cameta, and Adorama also sell via Amazon, but I have found that they generally charge more to purchase via Amazon than on their own websites (maybe the price is cheaper, or they will offer free shipping). I suppose the overhead at Amazon is pretty high.

B & H is a great place to purchase Photo and Video, they are Located in NYC on 9th ave, They are Closed most times, because they Follow their beliefs.They are jewish and observe their holidays, and that you have to respect, if you are in a rush on the those days you want your item then it's best to find another brick and motor store. So remember Friday early, sat they are closed.

If you never been in person, GO! you be suprized, of how you get your product, placed on an over head belt system, that goes from stock to sales person. And you must wait on a line to be served next...

Yes Amazon is a place that gathers sites, and personal sellers as well, Amazon will dedicate a primary person, and they also act as 4th party people, certain times I get Amazon primary and pay tax on shipping.

B&H is great for new; howerver, an online retailer KEH.com is the best for used gear, pro equipment, new progear. Their return and warrantee is among the best.

I personally have used both companies for almost 20 years.

I remember a problem with a KEH a couple of years ago, a battery back MD40 for an F6 was suppose to have the a different battery holder. They sent the correct item and told me to keep the other part as is was not worth them taking it back into stock:D.

framer

I've been using them for years without a hitch. Orders always go out promptly.

Ditto. More often than not, I get the item the next day regardless of the shipping I specified. Sometime I think B&H and Adaorma have a distribution center at the end of our street. :)

Larry

I've had stuff shipped to Canada, and received it next day, or 2nd day. No complaints.

To the west coast of Canada it takes a little over a week. I don't know where you live but it shouldn't be a problem if you don't need it until October 17th.

I have used B&H often and have not had a problem. I believe they are still closed this week and will reopen in a few days but that is noted on their web site.

I also use Amazon and also use Adorma.

With Amazon, if you place items in your shopping cart the prices sometimes change but that goes both ways. Could go up and could go down.

When making purchases I check all three sites before ordering the item.

Keith

The only real issue with B&H and Adorama is they tend to be closed about half the month of Sept. They seem to have more holidays than Banks.

The important Jewish holidays of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur -- a period known as the Days of Awe or Days of Repentance-- typically fall in September. Both companies observe these holidays. (I am sure you meant no disrespect here by your comparative crack re banks.)

I know I mentioned this earlier but my focus is on the product that I want. I will be open minded and look at B&H, Amazon and Adorama plus another one in my own city. In the end, I will make my decision based on price and availability from each of these four places.

Keith

I know I mentioned this earlier but my focus is on the product that I want. I will be open minded and look at B&H, Amazon and Adorama plus another one in my own city. In the end, I will make my decision based on price and availability from each of these four places.

Keith

I wish we had something close.

Archived