Liberty food very good except the......

cowboygene

Just off the Liberty, great eats at Guy's Burgers, Cantina burrito and taco bar, pizza, deli, soft serve ice cream that is superior to the flavored gritty kitty litter found on other cruise lines, and overall very good food in the MDR and Lido buffet.

Only two items I could not "stomach", the scrambled eggs in the Lido, shapeless, tasteless mass served in a loaf pan, could not think of what it could be, until I recalled watching a show about the space shuttle. They were using spray on insulation for sound dampening, that had to be the inspiration behind the eggs.

Ah, the fig cake in the MDR...imagine yourself emerging from the warm crystal clear waters of Half Moon Cay, you head towards the music and laughter coming from the island bar, when suddenly you fall face first with your mouth open onto to beach and swallow several spoonfuls of hot dry sand....that is the fig cake.

In my opinion, Carnival a solid grade of B on the food

Each time I've asked for scrambled at the omelet station, the guy pours the egg mixture, not a fresh egg, into the pan and pushes it around to "scramble" it. Not the same as beating a fresh egg then pouring.

The reason for this is because of Food Safety issues. They are only allowed to use pasteurized egg/liquid egg products. It's much safer this way. Also, where would they store dozens upon dozen of fresh eggs?

The reason for this is because of Food Safety issues. They are only allowed to use pasteurized egg/liquid egg products. It's much safer this way. Also, where would they store dozens upon dozen of fresh eggs?

I'm not clear about this. They have eggs, usually 2 to a bowl, they use to make sunny side up, not egg liquid. On the TV shows about the ships, they show an say a certain number dozen eggs for the week being loaded.

While I prefer the eggs at the omelette station, I'll still eat the scrambled egg stuff at the buffet if we're in a hurry. They're obviously not as good as farm fresh eggs at home, but they'll do.

Just hit them with some pepper or whatever your favorite seasoning is and they work ok.

Ah, the fig cake in the MDR...imagine yourself emerging from the warm crystal clear waters of Half Moon Cay, you head towards the music and laughter coming from the island bar, when suddenly you fall face first with your mouth open onto to beach and swallow several spoonfuls of hot dry sand....that is the fig cake.

I absolutely LOVE the Warm Date, Fig, and Cinnamon Cake!! I am so addicted to them that I order three, eat one for dessert, and save the other two, sans ice cream, for breakfast the next morning. Mmm, with a glass of skim milk, they are pure heaven to me. I cannot wait to have them again on our next cruise.

Now, the Chocolate Melting Cake-I'd rather not have any dessert than eat that bunch of goo...:o

Archived