MSC Divina - Balcony Category Size?!

RizMerch

Having read threads/posts about decks 10 & 11 being bigger, then reading about deck 13 having virtually no balcony, got me thinking of our balcony as the curve on the stern affected each one

But your comment has been very reassuring, so thank you

I've looked at my cruise photos and found a picture of the stern of Divina

Here is the picture (zoomed in) of the stern balconies of Divina with 12264 marked.

You can see that from the person three balconies to the right that I was indeed correct, and you have at least the standard size balcony

Picture taken from Splendour OTS in Bari in August 2012

12264.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Here's another view of 12264's balcony, you can see how far back the roof goes and the angle from deck 13, all reassuring that you have a bigger than standard balcony, but still not as big as the ones on deck 11 and 10

12264a.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

once again thank you, best pic so far gives a good idea of dimensions from left to right, and from door to hand rail

Here's another view of 12264's balcony, you can see how far back the roof goes and the angle from deck 13, all reassuring that you have a bigger than standard balcony, but still not as big as the ones on deck 11 and 10

12264a.jpg

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

We are booked into junior suite 9007, and our friends into 9008 (a mirror image suite, it seems) for an upcoming MSC Divina cruise. For the life of me, I can't figure whether this suite has a balcony and, if so, what the balcony is like. Any insights? Any pictures, internal to the cabin or external to the ship, would be greatly appreciated! Even an external shot of the front of the ship would be helpful.

One of the best sites for deck plans is http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php . You can see the relative sizes of various cabins and balconies and see diagrams as well as square feet of cabins and balconies in each category. Just cliok on the cruise line in the right hand column and then click on the ship.

We are booked into junior suite 9007, and our friends into 9008 (a mirror image suite, it seems) for an upcoming MSC Divina cruise. For the life of me, I can't figure whether this suite has a balcony and, if so, what the balcony is like. Any insights? Any pictures, internal to the cabin or external to the ship, would be greatly appreciated! Even an external shot of the front of the ship would be helpful.

Looking at the deck plans on the MSC web site the cabins do not have balconies , but instead have "Panoramic sealed windows" which is what the symbol of a dot in a rectangle means.

9008.jpg

A view of the front of the ship

divinafront.jpg

Hope you're not too disappointed at not having a balcony.

Pete

Hi we are in 9171 on the Divina, which is referred to as " on the hump" in previous posts. I assume we have a smaller balcony but also assume it will still be big enough to sit out on?We got a free upgrade so can't complain too much!!!

Correction to the above post it should say Days 2 and 3 have a nW to SE track , not days 1 and 2

NB:- there will be more sun in the afternoon on the starboard side on days 2 and 3

This might make a difference to your choice if you enjoy lies-in on sea days

Also, do you want the sun on the last sea day on the run home? if so Starboard it is

Pete

Hey Pete..

I just got my cabin number (departing November 30th).

It is 11293. I asked if it could be changed if I found it to be inconvenient and they said that they're all sold out for that category.

Is the balcony size good on this? What's your thoughts on the cabin?

Thanks for your help, this is my first cruise.

Hey Pete..

I just got my cabin number (departing November 30th).

It is 11293. I asked if it could be changed if I found it to be inconvenient and they said that they're all sold out for that category.

Is the balcony size good on this? What's your thoughts on the cabin?

Thanks for your help, this is my first cruise.

Sorry for the delay in answering but when you posted this question I had just started a cruise on Sinfonia and only got back late last night.

The balcony of 11293 is the standard size which are just adequate for the two chairs and a footstool you will have. The cabin has no issues other than distance from the lifts and as it is on the stern may have more movement than cabins nearer the centre of the ship

11293.jpg

What your balcony is likely to look like

P1020628.jpg

P1020627.jpg

hope this helps

Pete

• 5 months later...

Was on the Moody Blues Cruise April 2-7. Took this shot of our balcony with my phone. The cabin steward had already folded back the partition because we had friends next door. Only a small section of the partition folds back, but you can get through it easily enough. We ordered room service coffee every morning and enjoyed it out there.

1601446_10201589826928999_2051605526_n.jpg

This was the second annual Moody Blues Cruise; last year's was aboard the MSC Poesia.

The Moody Blues performed 2 concerts in the main showroom/concert hall on board; the first night for the early dinner seating people, and the second night for the late dinner seating people. They played their normal touring setlist, backed up by their normal touring backup musicians, and they were of course fantastic, as always.

They also did a Q and A session one day on the temporary pool deck stage (built over the kiddie pool especially for the back-to-back rock 'n' roll cruises), and also a couple of "Storytellers" sessions in the main showroom, in which they answered more questions, and did a couple of acoustic numbers with just Justin and John on guitars and Graeme on some kind of drum machine. During last year's Storyteller they played and sang a couple of Buddy Holly tunes (a real treat) and this year they performed "Melancholy Man," an old Moody Blues tune written and formerly sung by founding member Mike Pinder, who left the band many years ago (so they don't do his songs anymore). It's not one of my favorite songs generally--but it was a treat to hear it sung by someone other than the original singer. Actually, quite frankly, I'd listen to Justin Hayward singing the phone book.... :D

Also on board were The Zombies (who also did 2 shows in the main showroom), Roger Daltrey with his touring band (a Who cover band, he called it) who also did 2 shows, and several other acts including Starship, The Orchestra (playing the songs of ELO), Carl Palmer from ELP, The Little River Band, Lighthouse, and I can't remember the rest, but if you Google "Moody Blues Cruise" you'll find more information than you ever wanted or needed. :)

All in all, it was a fabulous experience, and I highly recommend it for those who would enjoy a 5-day floating rock festival! (The ship and the ports of call ran a very distant second and third to the musical experiences.)

One fun moment was when we were docked at Grand Turk right next to the Ruby Princess. At 5 p.m. the Little River Band was doing their set on the pool deck stage, and people lined the rails of the other ship, rocking out to the music. When we undocked and started to pull away, they all yelled, "Come back! Come back!" (Perhaps some of them will join us next year; who knows?)

Anyway... does that answer your question? :cool:

• 1 year later...

Here is a picture of cabin 13049, taken from near the entrance door, looking towards the balcony doors. The couch is toward the back of the picture, with the yellow pillows. As you can see, it's quite close to the balcony doors. Sorry about the mess. :) We had the room set up in the 2-bed configuration; they can also make it into one large bed. It's not in the picture, but for the 2-bed setup, they put one of the nightstands between the beds. And what you can see on the far right is a reflection in the mirrored wall, NOT more space.

MSC_Divina_room_13049.jpg

Any advice or information on cabin 10188?

10188 is best described as one of the small balcony cabins on the central hump.It is 148 sq ft ( living area 124 ; batheoom 24) wth a balcony of 34 sq ft.

Compared to a standard balcony cabin of 192 sq ft and a balcony of 42 sq ft.

here is what the balcony will look like (about 1.5 of the "planks" on the floor narrower)

balconyinhump.jpg

This is a standard balcony

P1020628.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

10188 vs 10256/10258? Would one of the aft cabins be far superior to the 10188? Size of rooms?

10256 or10258 would be a brilliant cabin as it has a balcony of over 100sq ft

the cabin is still 192sq ft.

there are reports of the balcony getting soaked regularly when they wash the windows of the buffet up above and also if the infinity pool is full to the top whilst sailing

Deck10_aft%201.jpg

here's another view of a deck 10 aft balcony

divinaaftbalcoy.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thank you for the feedback. Are there any aft balconies that do not get soaked from window washing above? How often does it happen and do they wash during the day when you may be on the balcony?

The large balconies are only on decks 10 and 11, and as far as i recall from what i've read, the windows get washed down early morning but I'm not sure how often. I don't know if all are affected but as the buffet windows extend all the way across the ship I should imagine they all are.

The balconies on deck 8; 9 and 12 are only slightly larger than the standard

Deck 13 are minute

Aft deck 9 balcony

Deck9%20aft_.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52
  • Like 1

Hi Pete. I see you are the cabin go to guy! This is our first MSC cruise. We booked cabin 8247. What I can't figure out is if the lifeboats will be right in front of our balcony? Any information you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...
Hi we are in 9171 on the Divina, which is referred to as " on the hump" in previous posts. I assume we have a smaller balcony but also assume it will still be big enough to sit out on?We got a free upgrade so can't complain too much!!!

Hello!

Saw your post about cabin 9171 on MSC Divina.

I assume you got back from your trip now. :)

I have booked the same cabin for a trip to the Caribbean now in

October/November and wonder how you liked the cabin?

Was it at least ok? The balcony ok to sit two people in?

All information I can get is ok.

Thank´s!

Anette Andersson / Sweden