Northern Lights/Toursaver Coupon Books

Cat54

The Toursaver website says November 15. I emailed and asked if I could pre-pay so it'll ship same-day and was told to wait till November to purchase the Toursaver.

There is no rush to get the books. The offers don't sell out the first day or two or thirty once the books are published :)

There is no rush to get the books. The offers don't sell out the first day or two or thirty once the books are published :)

Maybe no rush for you. Planning this cruise is what keeps me going right now. It's just something to look forward to. Plus, as a single parent and a teacher, I have to very carefully plan out how I will financially afford this trip of a life time. So, the sooner the better for me. Case in point... in 2013, Hoonah Travel Adventures participated in the B1G1 free coupon in Toursaver. In 2014, they will not participate. I only know that from having contacted them directly. I don't plan on contacting every excursion company I'm interested in, so knowing what's available in the Toursaver the sooner, the better works best for me. I now have to budget twice what I'd planned for that excursion alone, since that's the company I want to go with.

Maybe no rush for you. Planning this cruise is what keeps me going right now. It's just something to look forward to. Plus, as a single parent and a teacher, I have to very carefully plan out how I will financially afford this trip of a life time. So, the sooner the better for me. Case in point... in 2013, Hoonah Travel Adventures participated in the B1G1 free coupon in Toursaver. In 2014, they will not participate. I only know that from having contacted them directly. I don't plan on contacting every excursion company I'm interested in, so knowing what's available in the Toursaver the sooner, the better works best for me. I now have to budget twice what I'd planned for that excursion alone, since that's the company I want to go with.

Whatever pushes your button :D. I don't finalize any of my excursions until the coupon books are out even though I plan most of my trips to Alaska a year or more in advance. I often make my decisions at that time based on what coupons are available. That way I don't get my heart set on a certain company only to be disappointed or have to keep revising my budget. But everyone functions in different ways. Fortunately I have been to Alaska enough to know how to economize wisely.

Also, FYI you can tell what is in the Toursaver before you even order it by looking online. They will post all offers online when they start selling the books. So you won't need the book in hand in order to know what is being offered. In fact, if you look online you will find out faster than pre-ordering (if that were even available, which you realize it isn't).

For me to maximize my value and minimize my expenses, I wait until both Northern Lights and Toursaver are published so I can compare the deals to figure out which book is best for me. Some years I have bought Toursaver, some years I have bought Northern Lights, some years I have bought both. But I never blindly buy either one without first knowing which offers are available that I am interested in. Maybe Toursaver is saving you money in the long-run by not letting you pre-order :)

Whatever pushes your button :D. I don't finalize any of my excursions until the coupon books are out even though I plan most of my trips to Alaska a year or more in advance. I often make my decisions at that time based on what coupons are available. That way I don't get my heart set on a certain company only to be disappointed or have to keep revising my budget. But everyone functions in different ways. Fortunately I have been to Alaska enough to know how to economize wisely.

Also, FYI you can tell what is in the Toursaver before you even order it by looking online. They will post all offers online when they start selling the books. So you won't need the book in hand in order to know what is being offered. In fact, if you look online you will find out faster than pre-ordering (if that were even available, which you realize it isn't).

For me to maximize my value and minimize my expenses, I wait until both Northern Lights and Toursaver are published so I can compare the deals to figure out which book is best for me. Some years I have bought Toursaver, some years I have bought Northern Lights, some years I have bought both. But I never blindly buy either one without first knowing which offers are available that I am interested in. Maybe Toursaver is saving you money in the long-run by not letting you pre-order :)

Um, I think we're arguing the same point here. I won't book an excursion till I have the book or until the website is at least updated (what's listed is still 2013 and is not accurate for 2014).

And I know that the book will more than pay for itself, so not pre-ordering is kind of moot. I still have to budget extra for the tour I want in ISP that will no longer be in the book.

So, the sooner the better.

both books are generally out by mid Nov but there have been occassional delays in the past. Why not contact each company for a definitive answer, then share that answer with the rest of us ??

I could do that but didn't want to if someone else had already done so and could provide the information.

I am planning my excursions without the books and will adjust if needed based on the coupons available. Some of the excursions we are interested in may not even have coupons.

• 2 weeks later...
Um, I think we're arguing the same point here. I won't book an excursion till I have the book or until the website is at least updated (what's listed is still 2013 and is not accurate for 2014).

And I know that the book will more than pay for itself, so not pre-ordering is kind of moot. I still have to budget extra for the tour I want in ISP that will no longer be in the book.

So, the sooner the better.

The point is the two books. Why would you just "purchase" the Toursaver at $100, IF the Northern Lights book has the same coupon offer, you want at $50?

I have been using these coupon books for many years, at significant savings. Few tour operators require you to have the coupons when you book.

The point is the two books. Why would you just "purchase" the Toursaver at $100, IF the Northern Lights book has the same coupon offer, you want at $50?

I have been using these coupon books for many years, at significant savings. Few tour operators require you to have the coupons when you book.

Not worth arguing the facts with some people, BQ :D. Then they moan about paying more for an excursion since it won't be in the book they will buy blind for twice the price of the other book :confused::confused:

I called the office (Northern Lights coupon book) on Monday, and, asked when they were going to update the website. They said they hoped within the week. I then asked when they would be available for pickup, they told me October 25th.

They are definitely cutting it close this year, as, I have to have my order postmarked by 10/16, to get the repeater's discount, and, I with last year's books, as a local, the restaurant offers are getting less and less, and, may not be worth it. We have Groupon and, our local paper and tv stations do discounts, and, I think it's really affecting the book. At least, for us locals.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Susan: there are a lot of schools and sports teams selling the books. They have sample copies, you can look through it to see if what you want is there.

We ordered a book a few weeks back after a friend and hockey mom leafed through one and told us about a few coupons we'd be interested in.

Susan: there are a lot of schools and sports teams selling the books. They have sample copies, you can look through it to see if what you want is there.

We ordered a book a few weeks back after a friend and hockey mom leafed through one and told us about a few coupons we'd be interested in.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't have that access, and, as of today, 10/14, they haven't updated their site, so, I'm thinking they are going to lose my business for the 2012-2103 year, as, I really didn't find it of much value.

It's a shame, since I've been getting it since it came out.

Northern Lights voucher book of Jeff Lee replied me My web site for the 2014 book will be available to view and place orders by October 21, 2013. so you can look at it before you are going to purchase it. I hope this can help:):):)

I am also waiting to see what is still included in the book for 2014. It looks like they need until the end of the day to update the site since it isn't yet.

Oh no! That was one of the main coupons I was buying the book for. :eek:

Oh no! That was one of the main coupons I was buying the book for. :eek:

But who knows if another whale watching company will be in either book this year? I never make firm touring plans before the books are published. Too many changes from year to year as you already see.

Northern Lights voucher book of Jeff Lee replied me My web site for the 2014 book will be available to view and place orders by October 21, 2013. so you can look at it before you are going to purchase it. I hope this can help:):):)

I just checked this morning (23rd) and it looks like the website is not yet updated. :(

Being a local and having bought the book since it's been produced, I think he's having a hard time this year. Have watched the deals get less (used to be a lot of buy one get ones, now, a lot more spend X get X off), and, the price go up.

I think with the competition, Groupon, our local TV stations and newspaper going out and doing deals, it's having an impact on him, especially for years, he was really the only game in town.

I know that there are us up here, that didn't order this year, because, we had no idea what was going to be in the book, and, with the deals being less every year, we weren't sure if we were going to get our value.

I just checked this morning (23rd) and it looks like the website is not yet updated.

Kind of funny to see how anxious everyone is :). Everyone is on equal footing and it is not like "If I don't book it the first day the book is available, the tour will sell out." Vendors take hundreds of coupons a season, some even thousands. There really isn't a rush.

Archived