A 2015 charter wish?

RMS Olympic

For those that like to sail LGBT charters, what would you like to see in 2015?

Destination?

Cruise Line?

Time of year?

There are the big charter companies and the smaller boutique companies that routinely provide their flavor of cruising. Concerning your favorite charter...is there something different you would like to see offered, or maybe a repeat of something that you really enjoyed?

Me, I'd like to see a Greek Island cruise again, on a small to mid size ship. A southern Caribbean cruise would also be great.

Now if for one week only each company(RSVP, Atlantis, Source Events, Olivia, Pied Piper) could charter a sailing ship from Star Clipper (3), Windstar(2) and they could all meet up, tie together at a couple of Islands...can you imagine. That would be one for the records.

So where do you want to go....maybe sew a seed in your favorite charter companies mind.

This is the first time since we started cruising that we don't have a cruise booked for 2014 as the itineraries offered on RSVP and Atlantis either didn't appeal to us or the timing of the cruise does not work.

I used to see several Atlantis/RSVP cruises sell out, but lately I've noticed that I see fewer cruises doing so with several categories still available at sailing. I don't know what that necessarily indicates. I was hoping to be able to do this years Med cruise from Venice/Rome on Atlantis, but coming off of the Australia cruise this year we just couldn't make it happen. Again, I was surprised that both sailings were not close to selling out at sailing.

What am I hoping for in 2015? It's a long shot with the political climate but I know Atlantis did a cruise few years ago that ventured to Egypt and then hit the Greek isles.

As far as the size of the ship, I don't mind the mid-class ships as I never have sailed on cruises of less than 1,000 people, and I like the different amenities that a larger ship can offer.

I looked into Pied Piper as a possibility for 2014 with the med cruise, but I just think coming from a background of a full gay charter it may not be the same experience.

My dream cruise would be a 10 day Caribbean cruise (no Jamaica) on the Anthem or Epic with 4000 to 6000 (:eek:) LGBT people!!!:D

Is that too much too ask?:confused:

Of course, THAT would never happen! One can dream though...:rolleyes:

-singing We are the champions, my friend-:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Charters and gay groups on NCL or Celebrity work fine for me!

Lately the itineraries of the charter companies have gone stale or so outlandishly priced it's not worth it to sail with them (Atlantis' boutique ship charters). NCL does a great job of balancing out their nightlife and catering to the gay dollar, more so than any other mainstream cruise line. I think the cruise lines waking up and seeing the value of the gay dollar is really eating away at Atlantis and RSVP's bottom line. The circuit crowd is getting older and not as likely to care about all night deck parties any more and the younger people have melded together with mainstream society so there's no pressing need for them to go on an overpriced gay charter.

• 4 months later...

The RSVP cruise will not be announced until the end of the current cruise where the passengers will have first selection in reserving cabins. The Atlantis cruise that was announced on board during the last sailing was Celebrity Silhouette February 1st through the 8th from Fort Lauderdale with the ports of Labadee, San Juan, and philipburg according to the alumni forums.

Hi there!

Here is our wish:

Destination? - Greek Island, Croatia and Turkey

Cruise Line? - RCCL Allure or Oasis of the Seas

Time of year? - April or July

There are the big charter companies and the smaller boutique companies that routinely provide their flavor of cruising. Concerning your favorite charter...is there something different you would like to see offered, or maybe a repeat of something that you really enjoyed? - Favorite Charter is Olivia and we had a great cruise to Hawaii .....so that would be nice again.

Now if for one week only each company(RSVP, Atlantis, Source Events, Olivia, Pied Piper) could charter a sailing ship from Star Clipper (3), Windstar(2) and they could all meet up, tie together at a couple of Islands...can you imagine. That would be one for the records. - THAT is a great idea! I am not too much for the Star Clipper or Windstar but to meet up would be fabulous!

The RSVP cruise will not be announced until the end of the current cruise where the passengers will have first selection in reserving cabins. The Atlantis cruise that was announced on board during the last sailing was Celebrity Silhouette February 1st through the 8th from Fort Lauderdale with the ports of Labadee, San Juan, and philipburg according to the alumni forums.

RSVP has not finalized the 2015 winter Caribbean cruise yet, I think they wanted to see how the Divina worked out. There will be a survey emailed to thoee that were on the cruise. In general the reviews of the service and food weren't great.

Edited by Boytjie

• 1 month later...

Would love to see a gay charter on one of the expedition ships, like Silver Explorer or L'Austral heading to Antarctic, Arctic or Japan/Far Eastern Russia (yes, I know, for Russia I need to wait until the political climate and their stance on gays changes, so don't pounce on me about that). Also still dying to do an Africa itinerary that would include safari options, or as absolutboy said, an itinerary involving Egypt. Maybe a luxury Egypt and Nile River Cruise trip. Hopefully Egypt will become a safe destination again at some point, but I've been waiting over a decade for that to happen.

Edited by pke-atlanta

Hanns Ebensten Travel, now HETravel does the Nile in Style and has been doing it for decades. A lovely small ship for the small group. I can recommend it, though Egypt is a different place from when we took their trip. And Hanns was still the leader then. He has since died.

I'm pulling up the info that rodraad is on the RSVP 2015 cruise as well with the dates of February 15-22nd on the Regal Princess. The only thing I can't see is what the ports are, so kudos to roadrad for having your source =)

Pricing from what I see is pretty comparable to Divina with a huge amount of categories. The ship seems to get great reviews, but the tiny/narrow balconies are disappointing.

From what I'm seeing, looks like the contract is a done deal, it's just a matter of getting promotional materials together to send out and list. It's a possibility for unless Atlantis offers another tempting cruise.

Edited by absolutboy20

hehe

As I say I wouldn't take any potential ports with RSVP too seriously at this stage

They've been known to change..ya know what I'm saying :)

The source says the i's are still being dotted

I just knew there was a lot of suspense so I thought I'd share what I knew - and heck it could change tomorrow