Ft Lauderdale cruise port

rkv

We are cruising on Allure of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale. We will be flying in from Los Angeles.

My question, does it matter whether we fly into Miami or Fort Lauderdale? The fares are quite less into Miami but I don't know about hotel and shuttle to port.

Any info would be appreciated.

Really all you need to do is factor in the cost of a shuttle to get you between Miami and Fort Lauderdale and back to see if it is a good price to go with Miami. Many people do this.

I am glad you are flying in the day before the cruise.

When you look at a flight when the cruise ends try to book something out of Miami around 1:00 PM or later.

Keith

If you look down the board, you will see this topic discussed almost daily.

Many people find fares are cheaper at one airport or the other, depending on airlines they might favor.

The key consideration for us would be just how much you are really saving. If you are sailing out of the different area from where you are flying into, consider the cost of transport could cost $15-40pp, each way, depending on the method you use. So, are you saving $60-160 on your airfares? Plus the time and effort involved to arrange the transfers?

We are cruising on Allure of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale. We will be flying in from Los Angeles.

My question, does it matter whether we fly into Miami or Fort Lauderdale? The fares are quite less into Miami but I don't know about hotel and shuttle to port.

When are you going? Where are you planning on staying the night before? Miami to FLL has a lot of shuttle, car, cab, limo, options, and hotel options.

Have made that LAX flight many times and never has it been less to fly into MIA... We always stay at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale if not coming into FLL on a redeye day of cruise (we sometimes have no choice)....Enjoy !!

We are flying in from LAX. I also found the fares less and more planes available to Miami than FLL. Shuttles are less than $20 pp. from Miami We booked a hotel in Ft Lauderdale for the night to be close to the port. We decided to rent a car so we could tour around Ft Lauderdale and supposedly the car rental will shuttle us to the port.

If your trip is many months away, wait and see what happens with flights. I went to Huntington Beach last winter and the flights from FLL to LAX were $218 round trip on both Virgin and Jet Blue. I've seen them advertised for $280 in the last month too. Taxi from FLL to Port Everglades is about $15 and a few minutes. Taxi from MIA to Port Everglades is about $80 and up to an hour.

Archived