Request Table by Railing?

In Toronto

We have reservations for a table for 2 at the same time each evening on MTD. When we get on the ship can we request a table by the railing? If so, who do we see about the request?

We are on the Jewel of the Seas.

Thanks.

Go to the dining room as soon as you board and find the MTD desk/podium. It should be at the entrance to the dining room on deck 5.

I'm CONFUSED. What railing?

there are railings in the middle of the dining room. the second deck of the dining room is almost a balcony style.. the center is open to the floor below. most of the time MTD is on the upper level. the railings would be there, so that you could look below at the other diners( and the parade of waiters and the big giant empty table in the center that is for the Captain to entertain at)

I'm CONFUSED. What railing?

MTD is on Deck 5. The dining room overlooks the traditional dining area on Deck 4. I thought that it would be nice to sit by that railing because it might be a little more private and not as noisy as sometimes near the serving areas. :)

Thanks for the advise, clarea and spookwife.

Ellen

MTD is on Deck 5. The dining room overlooks the traditional dining area on Deck 4. I thought that it would be nice to sit by that railing because it might be a little more private and not as noisy as sometimes near the serving areas. :)

Ellen

We have found that it's quieter away from the railing.

Ellen

We have done MTD on the Jewel and the tables for 2 were not by the railing, the majority of them were by the windows. There were some along the short wall that borders the serving area but most were very close to each other by the windows.

On our b2b on Jewel last August we did MTD and had a Table for 2 all the way in the back by the railing overlooking the MDR. It was the best table and location.

The other tables for 2 are lined up against the window with not much separation between them. Just picture a long line banquet table that consists of maybe 10 to 12 tables.

Archived