Contact Cruise Director Pre-Cruise

nbturfman

Is it possible to send an email or note to the cruise director prior to your cruise?

You could imagine onboard personnel would not look forward to 1,000s of posts from unknown passengers.

I am sure some would have the required contacts but I respect the need for restricted access.

You can contact them ONLY if THEY give you their e-mail address, or if you give them your e-mail address. One needs to respect the privacy of crew members.

Unless we're talking Carnival, where their lead cruise director has fashioned himself into a mini-star by hosting a blog, a Facebook page and cruises themed around...him. On his pages, people write to him saying that they're celebrating this or that and he wishes them well and promises to send them some trinket on the cruise. Then, the guest acts surprised, as though that wasn't the sole reason they were writing. I find the man to be coarse and a great disincentive to cruise carnival.

Unless we're talking Carnival, where their lead cruise director has fashioned himself into a mini-star by hosting a blog, a Facebook page and cruises themed around...him. On his pages, people write to him saying that they're celebrating this or that and he wishes them well and promises to send them some trinket on the cruise. Then, the guest acts surprised, as though that wasn't the sole reason they were writing. I find the man to be coarse and a great disincentive to cruise carnival.

We just returned from a 12 night Baltic cruise with that same cd and found him to be very good, one of the best we've had in 15 cruises.

I do wonder why some people are so anxious to converse with a cruise director before a cruise.

I would just send a note to:

Celebrity Cruise line.

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

Attn: Cruise director name & Ship.

They would forward it on to the cruise director. I have no idea what the time

frame would be to forward your note, but I'd give it several weeks to a month.

You should also include your email and address in case he/she wishes to contact you.

You can also email Celebrity thru their website and they might be able to forward your request on to the ship. That might be faster and would confirm any request you have within 48 hours. Here is a link:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contactus/custSvcsForm.do

Archived