Bringing wine onboard: 1 bottle PER ADULT?

DT1304

Hi all,

I am not a first time cruiser, and have taken wine on board with me on each of my other cruises.

They were both on RCCL and I was allowed 2 bottles per adult.

I am now booked on a Carnival cruise and am told I am allowed 1 bottle per adult.

I am curious, my daughter is 13 so obviously does not drink, but when I booked for her, I had to pay full adult fare. Does this mean she is considered an adult and I can take an extra bottle of wine on for myself, in her name? :rolleyes:

I don't think so, but some research on the Carnival board, and perhaps checking on the Carnival website for the fine print of their policy might find a key sentence or phrase that might say "one bottle per person over the age of 18" or something like that.

Carnival charges a full fare for the third person in a cabin?

The policy is one bottle (750ml) per adult 21+.

Even though your daughter paid full fare she can't carry on wine, buy drinks on board, go to the adult comedy and participate in any age restricted activity where she is not qualified.

Charlie

Hi all,

I am not a first time cruiser, and have taken wine on board with me on each of my other cruises.

I am now booked on a Carnival cruise and am told I am allowed 1 bottle per adult.

I am curious, my daughter is 13 so obviously does not drink, but when I booked for her, I had to pay full adult fare. Does this mean she is considered an adult and I can take an extra bottle of wine on for myself, in her name? :rolleyes:

You are incorrect about this regarding RCI - the RCI policy is two bottles of wine maximum 750ml per stateroom, not per adult, at original embarkation only. From the RCI website: "Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom." Can't help you with CCL, however.

I don't think so, but some research on the Carnival board, and perhaps checking on the Carnival website for the fine print of their policy might find a key sentence or phrase that might say "one bottle per person over the age of 18" or something like that.

Carnival charges a full fare for the third person in a cabin?

No, it is not they charge full fare for 3rd person.

I am going with my wife and three kids, with my daughter being the oldest of the three.

So I have booked my son and I in one cabin, and my wife and 2 other kids in another cabin. The second person in the cabin is charged full fare however, even though they are the kids.

You are incorrect about this regarding RCI - the RCI policy is two bottles of wine maximum 750ml per stateroom, not per adult, at original embarkation only. From the RCI website: "Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom." Can't help you with CCL, however.

Thats right. I recall that now.

And as we had 2 cabins booked I was able to bring on 4 bottles of wine.

The policy is one bottle (750ml) per adult 21+.

Even though your daughter paid full fare she can't carry on wine, buy drinks on board, go to the adult comedy and participate in any age restricted activity where she is not qualified.

Charlie

Thank you. I had not read any fine print when I made the original post, but was just curious.

I am totally aware that my daughter can not buy alcohol or anything like that. She is only 13 so she better not even try!!!!!

As for one bottle per adult, that is no problem as I am the only one in my family that drinks wine, even my wife does not drink any alcohol. So 2 bottles for the cruise will be fine for me as it is only for use on my balcony.

Hi all,

Royals policy is 2 bottles per cabin. NOT 1 bottle per adult. so a cabin with 3 adults can still only bring on 2 bottles.

If C's policy is one per adult it is one per legal drinking age adult.

Hi all,

That would be like saying if my 3 year old nephew went on a cruise and my sister and brother in law took wine on in his name...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That would be like saying if my 3 year old nephew went on a cruise and my sister and brother in law took wine on in his name...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well actually no, it is not the same, because your sister and brother in law would not pay full adult fare for the 3 year old in the cabin.

If however, your sister took just the 3 year old and booked a cabin for the two of them, she would pay full adult fare for the 3 year old as the second person in the cabin, and then yes, it would be like saying that.

All I was saying, is that it would be a play on words, because if it says 1 bottle per adult, yet you pay an adult fare, is that person then an adult. I know the law, and am not trying to get around it. Was just curious how they handle things like this when they have 2500 people boarding a ship.

Either way, I now know the answer so...:rolleyes:

I'm confused about this 'adult fare'. I thought it was first two people (regardless of age) pay full fare; third/fourth person in the cabin pay a reduced rate (regardless of age). for example - 3 adults sharing one cabin (all over age 21) - 2 full fares; one reduced fare.

1 adult and 2 children (e.g., 8 and 10 years old) - 2 full fares; one reduced rate.

Am i incorrect?

I'm confused about this 'adult fare'. I thought it was first two people (regardless of age) pay full fare; third/fourth person in the cabin pay a reduced rate (regardless of age). for example - 3 adults sharing one cabin (all over age 21) - 2 full fares; one reduced fare.

1 adult and 2 children (e.g., 8 and 10 years old) - 2 full fares; one reduced rate.

Am i incorrect?

With RCI you are correct - the first two passengers pay the full stateroom rate and additional passengers (as stateroom capacity allows) would pay a reduced rate. This is not age specific. (Note, however, that there are instances reported where the additional passenger rates were the same as the full rates depending on specific sailing. The reduced rate - although lower in the majority of cases - is not always assured).

Archived