Need help so confused

booze brothers

I'm looking for a hotel for March 28, 2013

I tried LMT and the girl gave me several hotels, all of which I am not familiar.

We will be flying into FLL and cruise out of MIA

The woman suggested ....Holiday Inn Sawgrass mill $120.+ Holiday Beach Resort,(dont remember price) and Doubletree Gallery one, $175.21 total

Hotels seem to be higher in MIA

Please, if anyone has any advise, I sure would appreciate it.

thanks,

Hi booze brothers,

My suggestion would be to sign up for the LMT club membership first by taking the quick survey. I have a free membership right now from one of their other promos.

My impression is that Sawgrass is a bit far out.

My other suggestion would be to stay in Fort Lauderale and grab a taxi or shuttle down to the port of Miami in the morning. Another option would be the Crown Plaza in Hollywood beach. It is about a $30 taxi from the FLL airport and probably about $40 or so to the Port of Miami. Someone on the boards can probably confirm the rates. The crowne is on the trolley route which will take you to the boardwalk where some casual restaurants can be found.

Going during spring break won't help your wallet.:eek: Nothing you can do about that though.

Sheal

The membership will also show you all hotels in MIA or FLL so you can see what is available giving you more options to find a hotel that fits your needs. Each property has a map to give you an idea of location too.

We are traveling a few weeks later and I already started checking out the prices. High as usual.

I also check out Trip advisor for a general consensus on the hotel.

Sheal

We stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites FLL airport last April. It was right after Easter and we were pleased to have found a great deal here as we needed to book 2 rooms. If you have AAA, AARP or another form of discount, you can save quite a bit.

We did not rent a car so were pleased that the hotel offered an airport courtesy shuttle. The hotel is the indoor corridor style, very clean and has rooms with both a microwave and mini-fridge plus flat-screen TV's. They also offer a hot breakfast that was incl with the room rate. There is a 24 hour Walgreens directly next door and a Publix shopping center across the street. Within the shopping center are 3 restaurants. The Mgr told us to show our room card to receive a discount at Pancho's Mexican restaurant. It saved a little and we thought it was nice of the owner/Mgr to suggest this.

We found the hotel to be clean, under good Mgt and did have a nice, clean pool area. I would stay here again if flying into FLL and cruising out of Miami. It is a convenient location if not renting a car.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-dania-florida-FL664

We then used QLS shuttle service the next morning for our ride to port of Miami. We received top-notch service and would also use them again.

** There were lots of cruisers staying here during our visit. The cruisers at the hotel filled up the enitre shuttle so we went directly to the port -vs- doing pick-ups from other hotels. It seems to be a popular hotel for cruising out of both port Evgl and POM.

Good luck to you.

:)

I'm looking for a hotel for March 28, 2013

I tried LMT and the girl gave me several hotels, all of which I am not familiar.

We will be flying into FLL and cruise out of MIA

The woman suggested ....Holiday Inn Sawgrass mill $120.+ Holiday Beach Resort,(dont remember price) and Doubletree Gallery one, $175.21 total

Hotels seem to be higher in MIA

Please, if anyone has any advise, I sure would appreciate it.

thanks,

Absolutely go with the Doubletree Gallery One! It is on the water taxi route and next to my favorite mall in South Florida!

There is no Holiday Beach Resort. The person you spoke with might have meant Hollywood Beach Resort. It's been getting bad reviews for a long time but it is right on the beach if you want that. Gallery One is the nicest of the hotels that she told you about but it's out of your way. I don't understand why you would stay at the MIA airport when you aren't flying into there, and it is not close to POM. You might do better using the LMT website yourself. If you check the price to add a car to any hotel you will see the name of the hotel. You should look at hotels in FLL airport area, or Miami downtown area. Anything else is out of your way. Intercontinental Hotel is a popular hotel near Port Miami. If you are renting a car then you have a wider area you can utilize.

The Miami Airport hotel has been suggested by LMT...$138.+

I'm sure it would be noisy but would be convenient.

Has anyone ever stayed there?

MIA is the very last place I would stay, especially if you're flying in and out of FLL. Get a FLL area hotel, preferably with an airport shuttle then shuttle to the POM.

I would stay away from whomever these guys are. They know nothing. You will end up with pricey taxi rides The MIA airport area is bad, nothing there, even restaurants. Are you young, whats your budget? I am from Miami Beach.

I would stay away from whomever these guys are. They know nothing. You will end up with pricey taxi rides The MIA airport area is bad, nothing there, even restaurants. Are you young, whats your budget? I am from Miami Beach.

LOL, no not young. Going to be 70 on this cruise.

Looks like we'll be staying in FLL because our flight doesn't get into FLL till 8pm.

We use SAS transportation and they don't pick up at the airport after 6pm

Thanks guys, very helpful info.

There is no Holiday Beach Resort. The person you spoke with might have meant Hollywood Beach Resort. It's been getting bad reviews for a long time but it is right on the beach if you want that. Gallery One is the nicest of the hotels that she told you about but it's out of your way. I don't understand why you would stay at the MIA airport

After more research, realized how dumb staying at the MIA airport would be.

Will be booking on my own and not though an agency.[/b]

Booze brothers, we are doing this same thing except we arrive at 10am on 3/28. I have booked Best Western Plus Ft Lauderdale Airport/cruiseport, they offer free shuttle from FLL to the hotel, then we are using QLS Transportation for shuttle service to POM the next morning. We booked direct with Best Western using AAA/AARP discounts.

Hope this info helps, good luck.

Just an FYI-there is a music festival beginning 3/28 at Bayside which might make it difficult to get a room in Downtown Miami.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

...You might do better using the LMT website yourself. If you check the price to add a car to any hotel you will see the name of the hotel. You should look at hotels in FLL airport area, or Miami downtown area...

I just tried to check the name of a hotel on LMT by adding a rental car and it doesn't seem to work anymore.:(

• 4 weeks later...
I just tried to check the name of a hotel on LMT by adding a rental car and it doesn't seem to work anymore.:(

If you call LMT they will tell you which hotel it is. Today I made reservations at the Doubletree for $120/nt which is much less than what the hotel website is offering.

Archived