Elation and Conquest are back in New Orleans,

CRUZBUDS

Tropical Storm KAREN caused the closing of the Mississippi on Friday. The Elation was due Saturday and the Conquest this morning. The Conquest docked around 12:30. The Elation was some time after that.

The Conquest 7 day scheduled for today will be shortened to 6 days, the Elation's 5 day will be shorten to a 3day cruise to nowhere.

We're getting on the Conquest in the morning. In the meantime, we've been having a blast in the French Quarter! :D

We are going to have an awesome time! Thanks!

We're B2B, so we're only going from 14 days to 13, not too bad.

We had a fantastic time staying in the French Quarter. What a city! :D

Sounds like you have a great attitude about the delay and took advantage of your time in NO. Have a great cruise!

I am a returning Cruiser off the Elation and I must say I hope I never get on another ship during hurricane season! lol

On Thursday morning around 12am my husband and I woke up to the boat swaying and up n down motion along with the sound of the waves hitting the boat. (I think I am still feeling the swaying effects LOL )

We decided to get up and go see what was going on, while trying to make it to Lido I already started to feel the motion sickness come on. Pretty much every single exit to go outside was closed off but we found 2 areas where we could make it outside. When we went out on deck you could see how big the waves were and the wind was nuts!

I think I seen on the TV at one point it was 96 mph:eek: We ended up going back to lay down because the standing and swaying wasn't working out to good for us. Neither of us slept and I think there were quite a few of us who didn't based on the breakfast talk we heard that morning. We made it Cozumel and it pretty much rained the entire time but let up for a little bit and we took a taxi to the Money Bar and tried to snorkel but it was just really to rough and we are first timers so we didn't stick around for to long.

Pretty much we had sunny days Mon-Wed and the rest was rain until we made it back down the river headed to NOLA.

Carnival did a great job keeping us informed and providing great service. No complaints about Carnival at all, only mother nature. :)

I am a returning Cruiser off the Elation and I must say I hope I never get on another ship during hurricane season! lol

On Thursday morning around 12am my husband and I woke up to the boat swaying and up n down motion along with the sound of the waves hitting the boat. (I think I am still feeling the swaying effects LOL )

We decided to get up and go see what was going on, while trying to make it to Lido I already started to feel the motion sickness come on. Pretty much every single exit to go outside was closed off but we found 2 areas where we could make it outside. When we went out on deck you could see how big the waves were and the wind was nuts!

I think I seen on the TV at one point it was 96 mph:eek: We ended up going back to lay down because the standing and swaying wasn't working out to good for us. Neither of us slept and I think there were quite a few of us who didn't based on the breakfast talk we heard that morning. We made it Cozumel and it pretty much rained the entire time but let up for a little bit and we took a taxi to the Money Bar and tried to snorkel but it was just really to rough and we are first timers so we didn't stick around for to long.

Pretty much we had sunny days Mon-Wed and the rest was rain until we made it back down the river headed to NOLA.

Carnival did a great job keeping us informed and providing great service. No complaints about Carnival at all, only mother nature. :)

Being in a hurricane (or bad storm) on a cruise ship is not a lot of fun. You have a good attitude.

Archived