Sydney Airport shuttle bus??

Have only used this service once - and a few years ago. Can't remember if it must be pre-booked via the Internet or just go to the counter at the Domestic Airport -- this is for shuttle to CBD hotel.

Any advice/recommendations please??

Barry

Hi Barry,

Next April we will take the train from Sydney Domestic Terminal to our hotel near Wynyard station. We think it's a quicker option than a road trip.

Yes -- we have done that a few times too. Each alternative has it's good and bad points. We feel that the shuttle alternative is more conducive to having a feeling of "being on holiday" than the "going to work on the crowded Sydney train" feeling. :) It is a bit slower but we just relaxed and looked out the window -- see some of the changes that have happened to Sydney since we were last there :)

Barry

Kingsford smith transport is the long standing and main one that does this.

We have used Kingsford Smith Transport several times. Four to five years ago they were good, but when we booked and paid for their service last year they were terrible. We had to wait nearly 2 hours past the agreed pick up time, then had a tour of Sydney before being dropped at the ship. For the return trip, we stood in the carpark for a couple of hours before the van came. Every other passenger had gone by that time. Naturally we telephoned a few times on both occasions. NEVER AGAIN.

We have used Kingsford Smith Transport several times. Four to five years ago they were good, but when we booked and paid for their service last year they were terrible. We had to wait nearly 2 hours past the agreed pick up time, then had a tour of Sydney before being dropped at the ship. For the return trip, we stood in the carpark for a couple of hours before the van came. Every other passenger had gone by that time. Naturally we telephoned a few times on both occasions. NEVER AGAIN.

We binned KST a couple of years ago, service and state of their vans abysmal, last cruise into Sydney we used Air Bus Sydney... happy with

them...:D:D

Hi barry, i used the shuttle in may this year. super easy, went up to the travel concierge desk located near the luggage carousel ( virgin domestic terminal) and booked my return ticket for $34, short walk to the mini bus, I think it was a Tarago, and 20 min later I was at my hotel.

Only reason i wont be using it again next week for our cruise is they are not wheelchair accesible for my son.

Cheers maree

Hi barry, i used the shuttle in may this year. super easy, went up to the travel concierge desk located near the luggage carousel ( virgin domestic terminal) and booked my return ticket for $34, short walk to the mini bus, I think it was a Tarago, and 20 min later I was at my hotel.

Only reason i wont be using it again next week for our cruise is they are not wheelchair accesible for my son.

Cheers maree

Maree

Do you recall which service you used??

Barry

Cheers maree

Regarding this comment, I just want to clarify that arrangements can be made in the terminal..........I only ask as the airport site says arrangements have to be made in advance and I thought perhaps that meant pre-booking. We used KST before having booked online, but seeing the comments in this thread, we may want to use some other service this time (November). Thanks for any further input on this! :)

We walked up to the counter and booked the shuttle at the desk on the day, but I can't remember what service it was.

If taking the train from the airport do you have to change trains to get to Circular Quay?

if catching the train you shouldnt have to change but it cost $15.90 adult or $11.40 for pensioners or kids one way

Hi All,

I definetly booked on the day I arrived and I am fairly sure it was with the skybus service , it was all organised through the travel concierge desk where you collect your luggage. I'm fairly sure it was the skybus, as I remember being suprised at the time that the sky bus service in sydney was not wheelchair accessable, and that they used smaller shuttles, compared to the large coach bus used in melbourne that is wheelchair accessable.

Hope that helps.

cheers maree

Hi All,

I definetly booked on the day I arrived and I am fairly sure it was with the skybus service , it was all organised through the travel concierge desk where you collect your luggage. I'm fairly sure it was the skybus, as I remember being suprised at the time that the sky bus service in sydney was not wheelchair accessable, and that they used smaller shuttles, compared to the large coach bus used in melbourne that is wheelchair accessable.

Hope that helps.

cheers maree

Unfortunately Sydney does not have that same service that Melbourne has. It was tried for 12 months a few years back but was a dismal failure. The other complication is that Sydney international and domestic are physically separated whereas in Melbourne everything is next door to each other.

We have booked at town car to pick us up from Syd airport this time.

The cost is the same as a taxi - but let's us feel important :)

Taxi to our hotel at Hyde Park was around $50 last time.

We haven't used them before but have booked them after reading a thread on cc.

Voyager of the seas Dec 2012,

Radiance of the seas Oct 2013

Hello we just walked out the terminal doors and there are people/men with white hiace vans that will take you directly to the docks/hotel. $10 per person and they give you their phone number for a return trip when you dock.

Very easy service and a lot cheaper. Have used this service everytime we have been to Sydney.

Hello we just walked out the terminal doors and there are people/men with white hiace vans that will take you directly to the docks/hotel. $10 per person and they give you their phone number for a return trip when you dock.

Very easy service and a lot cheaper. Have used this service everytime we have been to Sydney.

Hi there

I have always just taken a taxi from Sydney airport, but the white Hiace vans sound like a more economical option. Are they directly outside the domestic terminal? Do you know what they're called and how to identify them? Thanks

We just walk out with our bags and turn left away from taxi and they are there. The chase you. I think our driver was Indonesian. Really nice and polite. Cash only. And when we docked we called his mobile and her was there. To easy.

We just walk out with our bags and turn left away from taxi and they are there. The chase you. I think our driver was Indonesian. Really nice and polite. Cash only. And when we docked we called his mobile and her was there. To easy.

FYI this is called touting and is highly illegal. There are regular announcements at the arrivals hall of all terminals warning you of this practice. These people are taking work from the legitimate operators and probably are not insured or even licensed.

There is a transport desk at each terminal where you can book your shuttle if you have not prearranged this with a private operator such as Town Cars.

Hugh

FYI this is called touting and is highly illegal. There are regular announcements at the arrivals hall of all terminals warning you of this practice. These people are taking work from the legitimate operators and probably are not insured or even licensed.

There is a transport desk at each terminal where you can book your shuttle if you have not prearranged this with a private operator such as Town Cars.

Hugh

It does sound a bit suspect now that you mention it. How are they allowed to stop at the airport and collect passengers? I would think the security staff would ban them in that case. I know at Melbourne airport I have never seen touting like this and even offsite airport parking vans have designated pick up points.

Edited by Cassicruiser