GAPearl's Big BREEZE Review! 8 Day Southern Itinerary 9/28/13.

gapearl

Loving your review so far! I'm actually in fear that I'll like it too much and want to book the Breeze right away. The Gater place looked fun. It's so funny because I live in Florida and I could name everything ( down to the grass ) before you said it but it was still so interesting in your review! Which is why I've got my popcorn and I'm here waiting for more!

Oh wow! I just missed you! I hope you had as much fun as I did. Which itinerary did you take? Thanks for the nice words!

Thanks a lot for reading! Enjoy!

Yeah I booked another cruise thanks to the no single supplement. I'll be at 9 cruises with it. I wonder if I could or should try to squeeze in one more quickie to get to platinum since there are quite a few more sailings with no single supplement still. We'll see!

Thank you so much! Enjoy this one!

The Breeze will be my platinum cruise :D, I hope that you'll be able to squeeze one more in before the end of the year.

Hey gapearl, thanks for another review, I've always enjoyed your reviews (and all your pics) very much!! :D I can't wait for the rest of this one as I'm sailing on the Breeze at the beginning of December and am trying to learn all I can (and see as many pics as I can, haha), I'm super excited!!!! :D

Thanks for coming back to read another one of my reviews! You should be excited! The Breeze is awesome!

Oh wow! I just missed you! I hope you had as much fun as I did. Which itinerary did you take? Thanks for the nice words!

I was on the six day and I felt cheated afterwards but I went with a group so I had to give a bit.:cool:

I understand completely how you feel. I felt cheated on the 8 day! Even on the longer cruise, I still didn't get to experience everything!

I enjoyed all of your other reviews. I'm on the breeze in a few weeks, and I can't wait to see all your photos. I loved the pic of your mom with her giant plate at the Cheesecake Factory. She looked overwhelmed by the huge plate :0)

Thanks for reading again. I have so many more pictures to post! Kind of hard to narrow it down from 2,000 lol. My mom surely didn't finish all that food. I was hungry and cleaned my plate though! :p

Great review !!

Thanks for reading!

Getting my popcorn ready....saving my place....love your reviews it makes me feel like I am riding shotgun with you.

Glad I can take you along for the ride!

Subscribing. Love your review. BTW, I'm in Fairburn, GA !!! Hey neighbor!!

***Waving*** I met a lot of people from the Atlanta area on this cruise! Atlanta people love to cruise, huh? :D

Well I don't know how to keep track of a thread other then to post in it! So here I am posting! I look forward to the rest of the review!

You can subscribe but really don't have to if you can't figure it out. This will continue to get bumped up for a little while. Thanks for reading!

Cannot wait to read your review. We were on the ship with you and she is a beauty!! Great trip!!

Surely we crossed paths at some point. Were you in our Facebook group or at the meet & greet?

It was great meeting you on the Breeze!! Good luck with Mr. LA ;)

So nice meeting you too! Team naughty bus forever though. LOL :p And thanks! :)

Loving your review so far! I'm actually in fear that I'll like it too much and want to book the Breeze right away. The Gater place looked fun. It's so funny because I live in Florida and I could name everything ( down to the grass ) before you said it but it was still so interesting in your review! Which is why I've got my popcorn and I'm here waiting for more!

I think I'm responsible for lots of people booking lots of cruises. Carnival should pay me a commission, haha. I swear you learn something new every day. I didn't know any of that info we were given at Gator Park. Keep reading!

Really enjoy your reviews - thank you for all the detail you provide :-) as always you look fantastic and love your clothes/style!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thank you so much!

I'm enjoying your review...also a fellow Georgian and leaving on the Breeze on Nov 3!!!!! Patiently waiting for more....:)

Woo-hoo, your cruise is right around the corner! Hope you have a blast!

Great picture at the port of Miami sign!

Thanks! It was so spontaneous. :D

The Breeze will be my platinum cruise :D, I hope that you'll be able to squeeze one more in before the end of the year.

I hope so too! I doubt it though, but it's possible.

Go to the top right~Thread Tools~click the arrow~hit subscribe!

Hope she got it!

Saturday, 9/28

It’s finally cruising day! :D

I was up and ready to get the day started at 8 am. After taking a shower and getting dressed, I headed to the lobby where Comfort Suites serves free breakfast. I had a toasted bagel with cream cheese and juice. There was a lot of energy in the air. Lots of cruisers stayed here the night before and everyone was anxious about their upcoming trips. Pretty much all the cruisers buzzing around the lobby were leaving on the Liberty. I got to talking to one lady and CC came up. I told her I’d be writing a review and gave her my username, and to my surprise she was like yes I’ve read your reviews! Her CC name is kitty something. I hope she reads this at some point!

I love my boarding outfit.

2f0affdf-dcbf-4f0d-aa17-37799aaaba2b_zpsc9d95abc.jpg

We loaded up the car, filled up the gas tank, and were on our way back to the airport to return our car. I don’t know about all the other car rental places, but if you rent from National or Alamo, they provide a free shuttle from the airport to the cruise port.

Me about to board the shuttle with way too many bags.

16e746f3-7226-41ca-bd50-8ffcb7207ff9_zpsf9d95363.jpg

The two people that were already on our shuttle recognized me from our Facebook group and we immediately got to chatting. We had to wait about another 15 minutes for the driver to try to fill up the shuttle and we were off. Then something happened that I totally take responsibility for. It started raining. Hard. This is not what you want to see on embarkation day!

8b32e29f-67b0-4697-9416-c91735f43935_zpsaed90291.jpg

On the way to take the car back, I said to my mom it was such a nice day and I’m glad it wasn’t raining because there was a dark cloud out. It was all my fault. :rolleyes: The drive to the port was 15 minutes. Our driver had to drive all the way around to a covered area so we wouldn’t get wet (even though we still did a little).

There's the whale tail!

cbcb8ef4-d7d6-4b11-b2ce-422cb6037969_zpse525b875.jpg

Edited by gapearl

Our Facebook group was very active this morning. We had over 170 members from CC, Funville, and some that weren’t on either but their friends and family they traveled with were and added them. Everyone was posting and excited to get the cruise started. We got checked in and were given zone 19 boarding cards. My mom had a red sail and sign card, and I had a gold one. Not quite platinum though. :rolleyes:

7ec563d0-d991-47eb-9206-f884b2ed91a0_zps6cddeeb9.jpg

It was about 11 am and they still weren’t boarding. One member of our group was doing a back to back and posted they still hadn’t been walked off yet. In the meantime, I was making my rounds saying hi to some of the folks in my group. I don’t remember exactly what time boarding started, but I think it was somewhere around 11:30 am. Next thing you know DING! I’m on the ship!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

This ship was so beautiful! I read countless Breeze reviews before leaving and saw lots of pictures, but none do her enough justice. This was not a typical glitzy Carnival ship. Luckily the weather cleared up by the time we made it on board. We went straight to the lido to get some food. My mom had a Guy’s burger. I had some chicken tacos from Blue Iguana with some fries on the side from Guy’s.

My first view of the lido.

e6f68d8f-be56-4fe9-902b-4975528a9bf2_zps9d1e268e.jpg

I was starving and this was delicious!

699bd778-5b38-4891-9b30-d49638bf0d78_zpsf8be227f.jpg

Our cabin was ready at 1:15 pm. We were in #11238, a spa interior. When you book a spa cabin, you get access to all the steam rooms, heated lounge chairs, thalassotherapy pool, two free yoga classes per person, free body scrubs, and a few other small amenities in your cabin, such as slippers, nicer robes, Serenity beach towels, and toiletries. Our cabin steward was Apollo. He was great! He came by to introduce himself and asked if we needed anything and I asked for some extra hangers, which he brought right away. He and his assistant took great care of us.

dafa9c40-3f71-4614-85dd-77aa5612ed10_zps4b638e35.jpg

aa688cc2-8ca0-4cbc-a87e-1d04fd889018_zpsb4c545b8.jpg

99036017-d5c3-42dc-9dbc-6e7a9bbd6df6_zps86a12ea6.jpg

21cf4c4c-a5e7-498f-a768-b306a6ae3421_zps8ca26829.jpg

Upgraded Elemis toiletries.

b516c6f7-8f58-4e40-a945-bf31b625e791_zps0d8ffb42.jpg

b188f86b-7320-499c-84a8-5d6642b0d66b_zpsc98fb7f8.jpg

The flowers were a bon voyage gift from a member of our group.

ff461287-5d87-46fc-9041-2c6031ba6189_zpsaac458a6.jpg

368c2f16-281a-4d6c-8cf3-ae1b05335697_zps5b86a211.jpg

6c83e659-5a02-4abe-bcdf-58cfc8460650_zpscbac5ea3.jpg

There was a fridge, I'm assuming a mini bar, but it was locked and I never bothered to ask Apollo to open it. The safe was the kind where you enter a pin, not the kind where you need to swipe a magnetic strip.

f684f76d-b48d-468f-9e39-fbacb1fb56a1_zps179952d7.jpg

813da6ed-45b4-4d62-bc50-494e6f94c3ee_zps2be9db58.jpg

72dba348-9704-44c8-a2c1-a05a868f6ea1_zpsce672a92.jpg

I roamed the ship for a while, taking pictures and getting acquainted with my new home until it was time for the muster drill. There were a couple of wedding receptions taking place. Maybe I’ll have a cruise wedding one day if I can meet a decent guy. :rolleyes: We left for the muster drill at 3:30 pm, and our luggage still hadn’t arrived yet. We had muster station A4, which was in the Ovation Lounge. The crew did the life vest demo and gave instructions. They also showed a short 3 minute or so animated video of how to get to the life boats, something I’ve never seen before.

Time to finally get this party started with a Miami Vice!

2432c665-b89f-484e-bae2-a44ebb1f5b3f_zps2a13e34d.jpg

Our group said we were going to wear Mardi Gras beads to spot each other. There were lots of smiles, hugs and hellos. We had been chatting with each other for months and it was so nice to finally see everyone. There was lots of line dancing and I was even caught on video doing the Wobble. My mom took a picture of that when it played on our tv lol.

The entertainment staff getting ready.

a44e114b-91a7-4628-9d78-0b9d5f657451_zps055e2ea2.jpg

There goes the Liberty! I actually knew quite a few people sailing the Liberty the same day.

febb1358-1049-4370-9e52-4f9b85140a0d_zps22103044.jpg

a297f23e-e06f-43d4-995b-6c091de3691b_zps8af6ea4c.jpg

I don't care how many times you have sailed from Miami. This view just NEVER gets old.

bf6dd3d9-50ca-4fa8-bd32-46dceac4b27b_zps604ead8e.jpg

1c9146f9-55b9-46d7-a35b-efc0bb9b1c94_zps246aba80.jpg

I bet you guys wish you were here too!

31252e9b-3c1a-4c06-bc9f-f964ee5e5aa5_zpsf4d3287d.jpg

31b5df42-45cd-4f44-b5ef-06391a9a8b4c_zpsd61e2cd7.jpg

Bye Lady Liberty!

1cf66279-4db9-4f7a-b33d-6b45b6634f55_zpsd11d94ae.jpg

81e9981a-3902-49c3-9ec5-90a49ddae6d1_zps79834cbb.jpg

I think I hung around until 5:30ish. Our bags had finally arrived when I got back. I unpacked and took my dress for tonight down to the laundry room on deck 10 for ironing (it was really close to my cabin). Time to get ready for our first Breeze dinner!