GAPearl's Big BREEZE Review! 8 Day Southern Itinerary 9/28/13.

gapearl

We headed to dinner at 7:45 pm. This was our first time trying your time dining. I’ve always had late dining but decided to give this a try to have a little more flexibility, and also because late dining was too late for my mom on our last cruise. There was a short line but no wait. I asked the hostess if we could be seated at a large table with others and she opened a 6 top for us. She sat two middle aged ladies from Ohio with us, but the other two seats remained empty. We had great conversation all night. Service was good but pretty slow. It was close to 30 minutes before we got our appetizers.

Our waiters for the night.

0de7d41b-e25f-4ad7-bff7-5ba4f39605d9_zps271162aa.jpg

Vegetable spring rolls appetizer.

7ec57558-30bd-4a82-b8e5-a30129b604e5_zpsed72e11c.jpg

Fruit cocktail appetizer.

8862e828-ce2f-4fa6-86cb-fd40701f5496_zpsc5e4385a.jpg

Salmon entree.

285d9ca2-3068-4264-ad03-5cf982b9107d_zps997c55c1.jpg

Chicken a la greque. It was a tad bit salty.

ac783f99-4101-499a-b371-2bde9b86672d_zps997bf5ff.jpg

In addition to being a pretty darn good review writer, I'm also a poet! Allow me to showcase my skills.

Ahem.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Never order just one ice cream with your warm chocolate melting cake,

Always order two!

HA!

d9ffee3f-0c2d-4e28-b40e-2dcd25788137_zps21d29acf.jpg

You all know I'm crazy about my dresses! Ladies, all of my dresses from dinner this week are from Express!

c63d9973-74cf-47e0-9023-85150efa696e_zpsf858ad80.jpg

After dinner I went to the welcome aboard show. Butch was our cruise director and he's a very funny man! He’s a natural comedian and really knows how to interact with the passengers so everyone has a smile on their face. The production show cast gave a sneak preview of their Divas Show that would be later in the week. Eh, I don’t know about them, but more on that later.

After the show, I headed to the Liquid Nightclub for the electric white night. If you’re wearing white you get $1 off your drinks. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the club so packed on the first night! I hung out for a bit and left for a few minutes to go get a glass of wine from my room. Something told me NOT to do that. Red wine + white dress = disaster waiting to happen. :eek: Sure enough, I did have a little spill, about the size of a quarter. I got it out as best as I could, but it’s red wine in a white dress. Not too much I could do but wait until morning and have it sent to laundry.

The production playlist cast made a special appearance. They had a little dance battle and mingled with the crowd for a few minutes before leaving.

ade2125c-5c21-4f37-b174-27347ebeeb9a_zpsb6def420.jpg

2ffc9cdd-508c-4262-a560-6adb3ec13cd3_zps432960de.jpg

The DJ was just ok. He was kind of all over the place with his music. Also lots of people were commenting on how he played songs til the end, something that’s not really done at clubs. I ordered a blue drink called the DJ. I don’t know which was more disgusting- Miley Cyrus twerking at the VMAs or this drink. The jury is still out on that one. I talked to lots of people, including Holly and April from the Facebook group and a couple of island guys that were so proud to be the only people from Anguilla on the ship.

Later a nice, tall, really good looking man asked me to dance. We made our introductions (I’ll call him “G”) and danced together the rest of the night. We left around 2 am, when the music got really, really bad (rap, rap, and more ratchet rap). G and I and his brother headed up to Pizza Pirate and hung out a while. Hmmm, could G be that decent guy I just said I hope I meet some day? I wonder what the rest of the week will have in store. Stay tuned. :)

Waiting for me when I eventually made it back to my cabin.

6bf9af88-2a74-4d5e-9856-183988bcc571_zps629fcd43.jpg

Up next: A tour of the Breeze.

You all know I'm crazy about my dresses! Ladies, all of my dresses from dinner this week are from Express!

c63d9973-74cf-47e0-9023-85150efa696e_zpsf858ad80.jpg

After dinner I went to the welcome aboard show. Butch was our cruise director and he's a very funny man! He’s a natural comedian and really knows how to interact with the passengers so everyone has a smile on their face. The production show cast gave a sneak preview of their Divas Show that would be later in the week. Eh, I don’t know about them, but more on that later.

After the show, I headed to the Liquid Nightclub for the electric white night. If you’re wearing white you get $1 off your drinks. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the club so packed on the first night! I hung out for a bit and left for a few minutes to go get a glass of wine from my room. Something told me NOT to do that. Red wine + white dress = disaster waiting to happen. :eek: Sure enough, I did have a little spill, about the size of a quarter. I got it out as best as I could, but it’s red wine in a white dress. Not too much I could do but wait until morning and have it sent to laundry.

The production playlist cast made a special appearance. They had a little dance battle and mingled with the crowd for a few minutes before leaving.

ade2125c-5c21-4f37-b174-27347ebeeb9a_zpsb6def420.jpg

2ffc9cdd-508c-4262-a560-6adb3ec13cd3_zps432960de.jpg

The DJ was just ok. He was kind of all over the place with his music. Also lots of people were commenting on how he played songs til the end, something that’s not really done at clubs. I ordered a blue drink called the DJ. I don’t know which was more disgusting- Miley Cyrus twerking at the VMAs or this drink. The jury is still out on that one. I talked to lots of people, including Holly and April from the Facebook group and a couple of island guys that were so proud to be the only people from Anguilla on the ship.

Later a nice, tall, really good looking man asked me to dance. We made our introductions (I’ll call him “G”) and danced together the rest of the night. We left around 2 am, when the music got really, really bad (rap, rap, and more ratchet rap). G and I and his brother headed up to Pizza Pirate and hung out a while. Hmmm, could G be that decent guy I just said I hope I meet some day? I wonder what the rest of the week will have in store. Stay tuned. :)

Waiting for me when I eventually made it back to my cabin.

6bf9af88-2a74-4d5e-9856-183988bcc571_zps629fcd43.jpg

Up next: A tour of the Breeze.

You look amazing! This review is better than the Young and the Restless!! I can't wait to read more!! Thanks for sharing with us!!!

This is the first time I've read one of your reviews (I'm sort of sporadic on my CC reading...) but it's GREAT! You are so pretty and I love your style.

I'm pretty sure the next cruise I book will be on the Breeze or the Dream. I noticed they said there was a charge for sushi on the Fun Times. On my previous two cruises (Freedom and Fascination) I thought the sushi was free. Is that something new or am I misremembering?

After spending 10 minutes at the memorial, we headed back towards Miami. It was still very early in the day and I didn't have anything else planned for us. We ended up going back to Dolphin Mall for a bit. After leaving we stopped at McDonals's to grab something to eat, headed back to the hotel, and I was out for a nap until 6 pm. When I woke, I was really, really hot, yet my mom was under the covers. Ok, now I'm not quite at "that age" yet, but I might as well be. We might not get along the next few days if she's insisting on keeping it hot the whole trip. I got up and went to the gym for 30 minutes, showered, repacked my bags, and settled in for the night with a good book just watched the news.

LOL Yeah right. It's a Friday night and I'm in Miami!

I met up with a friend/coworker that lives in Miami. We started at Bongos Cuban Cafe (the one on Biscayne by the American Airlines Arena). On Friday nights they have live music and salsa dancing. I thought I read on trip advisor that ladies get in free before 11 pm. Not true! It was $15 for ladies, $20 for guys, and that includes one free drink.

[/color][/size]

So funny, you remind me of me and my sister :D

In addition to being a pretty darn good review writer, I'm also a poet! Allow me to showcase my skills.

Ahem.

Roses are red

Violets are blue,

Never order just one ice cream with your warm chocolate melting cake,

Always order two!

Breeze is now my favorite ship so I am enjoying the review....and not to brag but I was designated as the 'poet laureate' of my Breeze roll call last year:

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Sugar is sweet

and so am I :D:D

(some are so easily impressed? LOLOLOL)

Keep it coming!

Good Golly Miss Kimberly I LOVE your reviews!!!!!! You need to start a website with a donate button so all your fans can just keep sending you on cruises!! I can't get enough of your reviews!!!!! :)

And can I just say how adorable your mom is!!!!? So glad to see her in the review.

I will be on the Breeze in December!!! Thanks for another fantastic review!!!

FINALLY!!!!

Glad to see you back at it again! Between this and Mike & Tracy, I'm going to be in heaven for a few weeks! :)

Yep I'm back for more! I was also excited to see Mike & Tracy doing another review. I can't wait to read theirs when I'm all done!

Thanks!! You learn something new everyday around here!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Yeah, you really do!

I am so excited to read this review. DH and I are looking at this cruise for next year. You always write such amazing reviews so I am really looking forward to reading it!

Thanks for reading! I hope you book it for next year!

got off the Breeze September 9th. We had a ball. I love your review. I just want to say your words and actions touched my heart when you wrote about stopping to pay your respects at the memorial to Honor the people on the flight that crashed in/at the Everglades. May God keep sending blessings your way. I really love your writing style and your reviews.

Wow! At this review so far! Gapearl u are beautiful! Im living like a pauper right now to sail like a princess March 1 on the Breeze! I just cannot wait to go to the spa, eat guy's burgers and try blue iguana!

Does anyone know if the steamroom and sauna are free?

Great review so far! Can't wait to read more!

got off the Breeze September 9th. We had a ball. I love your review. I just want to say your words and actions touched my heart when you wrote about stopping to pay your respects at the memorial to Honor the people on the flight that crashed in/at the Everglades. May God keep sending blessings your way. I really love your writing style and your reviews.

Thank you so much for all the kind words! I appreciate it! :)

Wow! At this review so far! Gapearl u are beautiful! Im living like a pauper right now to sail like a princess March 1 on the Breeze! I just cannot wait to go to the spa, eat guy's burgers and try blue iguana!

Does anyone know if the steamroom and sauna are free?

Great review so far! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for reading and for the compliments as well! March 1 will be here before you know it!

The sauna in the gym is free to use. The steam rooms, etc in the spa area are free to use if you have a spa cabin. Otherwise, there is a charge of $150 per person, or $250 per couple for the week. They have limited passes, so you will want to buy your pass as soon as you board.

Thanks for the great review, leaving on breeze in 2 weeks. We also have a spa room booked. Did your steward leave more toiletries if needed?

Honestly, I had so many toiletries of my own that I brought I didn't even use the ones in the bathroom. Towards the end of the cruise, my mom must have packed all 4 little bottles in her bag, Our cabin steward replaced 2 of the 4. I'm not if that's because they were out or what. Have a great time when you sail in 2 weeks!

Love your review!

Although I'm not a fan of gators, I very much enjoyed every bit of your review on your trip.

Thank you for doing this...:D

Funny thing is I'm not a fan of gators either! LOL Thanks for reading!

I am so thrilled to see another one of your reviews! We are on Breeze for NYE:) Just off Valor in July with a group of 11, but this time it's just DH, me and our college age kids. All of us are looking forward to it, to say the least! We are doing a 6 day Western, but are looking forward to enjoying the ship most of all. Can't wait for the rest of your review!

Hi GApearl I love reading your reviews! Please take me under your cruising wing lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

LOL come on Shimmy! :p

I am so thrilled to see another one of your reviews! We are on Breeze for NYE:) Just off Valor in July with a group of 11, but this time it's just DH, me and our college age kids. All of us are looking forward to it, to say the least! We are doing a 6 day Western, but are looking forward to enjoying the ship most of all. Can't wait for the rest of your review!

That's going to be a blast on NYE! Have a great time!

Really enjoying your review , thanks for taking the time.

My pleasure! Thanks for reading!

LOVE your reviews! We leave on the Valor in 26 days and your review was one of my favorites! I'm sure after reading this one, I will be dying to go on the Breeze! Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for reading them all! Enjoy the Valor when you leave next month! You'll have an awesome cruise for sure!

Sunday, 9/29

Well I was going to post a million ship pics next, but it's going to take much longer than I thought to go through them all. So, moving right along to the next installment instead! :)

I woke up hoarse and with a headache. I swear EVERY. SINGLE. CRUISE. I lose my voice. It must be because I hang out at night in the club and have to scream over loud music to talk to people, plus it’s really smoky in there. I can’t help but wonder if it might be something else in the air I might be allergic to as well. Despite sounding ten times worse than Weezy Jefferson with a throbbing head, I took two Advil and headed to the gym for a run around 9 am.

Beginning my cool down. Well that takes care of 3 bites of the wcmc.

1599e3e1-e43c-45ef-9d87-6d98c9eb9d90_zps8ff345d6.jpg

Me post workout. I lost 20 pounds in recent months. I still had to work to maintain it, even on vacation!

919d83c6-d71d-42f9-9634-56a691693e3b_zps1d8f1d7b.jpg

Back to the room to shower, change, and head out for some late morning sun.

Funny- my mom's toiletry shelves.....

97d7c97d-aa24-4e5b-a1d2-1d13eb9d3558_zps124caa17.jpg

And mine. LOL

6d1cc978-e6a9-4ec6-b1ca-45403cf2c124_zpseb7cc93e.jpg