My Very First Cruise ( My Photo Review aboard the Carnival Fantasy) Oct 1-6, 2013

Shyhova

I decided to look at you review because last year my DW and I took our grand daughter on the Fantasy. We loved it, and living about 18 miles from Charleston I will cruise on her again.

I usually read the reviewers first couple of sentences and then usually end up just scrolling through the pictures. So I read and laughed and read some more. Started last night at work and just finished. What an awesome review, great pictures and you definitely have a gift for putting your thoughts to print that keep the rest of us addicts wanting more. You need to sign up for your next cruise so we can have something to look forward to.

The best of luck with your final semester, I'm sure you are going to do well.

I'll end this by saying; Hi, my name is John and I'm addicted to cruising. See you at the next Cruisers Anonymous meeting.:o

Thanks John!!! See you at the meeting!! Btw...my ex is a master sergeant in the USAF!!! Thank you for your service. I used to be a military spouse so I know first hand the dedication and I appreciate everything you guys do!!

Awesome review! I want one of every thing you had when i go next week. The fruitier the better and a Jesus omelette.............AAmen. Hope you go on many more cruises and do many more awesome reviews.

UgH...now you have me wanting one. I'm seriously about to go in the kitchen and try to make one LoL. Thank You!!

Awesome review !! Thanks so much for taking the time to share you trip with everyone !! I gotta say, with your sense of humor, your writing was very entertaining. I didn't get much work done today and luckily I could minimize my computer screen when any of my co-workers came into my office ! :D:D LOL

That is too funny LoL. I read so many leading up to my cruise that I just stopped minimizing the screen at work when people walked by. After a while they just started watching with me LoL.

Wow!!! I have read A LOT of cruise reviews, but this is the BEST one yet!!!!

Glad you had a super fun time & a big THANK YOU for sharing it with us! :)

I DId!!! Thank You!!!

Great review. Wonderful funny comments & fresh lively writing style. Can't wait to see how you like #2. I was surprised to see they served Frog Legs in the MDR!

Thank you so much....They were pretty good I gotta admit. I still feel some type of way about eating them, but on the cruise I was like...what the hell LoL:p

AAwww I so enjoyed your review. I agree with what others have said, you have a GREAT writing style. I didn't want your review to end. Your GF is a very lucky woman. Congrats on your first of many cruises to come :-)

Shyova - what a great review. I was actually upset that your review came to an end! Hope you have another cruise planned so that we can experience the cruise through you again. You are did a wonderful job and I just loved your writing style.

[quote name='Shyhova']Thank You NCTribe!!! You are one of the FIRST reviewers I read after I joined the site so it is an honor. You are an accountant right? I'm studying to be one:D I most certainly will post to the Fantasy thread!!

LoL...Thanks!![/quote]

Oh Noooooo! I hate to see that you are studying to be an accountant (even though I am one) because I want you to grow up to be a writer!!!! :)

Ok, just made it to the end. Almost sorry the review is over, lol. What a great review of your trip! Several times I was cracking up, to the point my BF came in from the other room and asked what was so funny. He joined in & we both lost it when you were talking about contemplating biting an 80yr old woman to get your woman free of her death grip, lmao. Our first cruise is on the Victory in 3 wks and we are even more excited now! NC folks doing it right!

Your review is great!!!!! I just went through all 19 pages of it :) ... the Fat Tuesday's in Nassau must be new .... we have been there 7 times on cruises and have never seen it.....is it on the main streets? You definitely have a talent for writing!!!!!

[quote name='luckychef']Ok, just made it to the end. Almost sorry the review is over, lol. What a great review of your trip! Several times I was cracking up, to the point my BF came in from the other room and asked what was so funny. He joined in & we both lost it when you were talking about contemplating biting an 80yr old woman to get your woman free of her death grip, lmao. Our first cruise is on the Victory in 3 wks and we are even more excited now! NC folks doing it right![/quote]

LoL!!!...Seriously you should have seen it. I think my GF was genuinely worried. This was a vulcan death grip!!!!!! Thanks for reading.

[quote name='luckychef']NC girl here & I LOVE Duplin. Taking a bottle with us for sure...next month![/quote]

Cool!!! Which version??

[quote name='GAMOM4']Your review is great!!!!! I just went through all 19 pages of it :) ... the Fat Tuesday's in Nassau must be new .... we have been there 7 times on cruises and have never seen it.....is it on the main streets? You definitely have a talent for writing!!!!![/quote]

Yes...it is right off the main street, right before Junkanoo beach. If you look at my review...right to the right where I was about to pick a fight because of heat exhaustion lol. Just about right there off to the right....sits on the water. A few yards from Junkanoo beach sign. Thanks!!!

[quote name='luckychef']Ok, just made it to the end. Almost sorry the review is over, lol. What a great review of your trip! Several times I was cracking up, to the point my BF came in from the other room and asked what was so funny. He joined in & we both lost it when you were talking about contemplating biting an 80yr old woman to get your woman free of her death grip, lmao. Our first cruise is on the Victory in 3 wks and we are even more excited now! NC folks doing it right![/quote]

You know NC peeps do it right always!!!!

We're doing the Cheers program on our cruise but will be taking our alloted two bottles of wine (of course). Thought if we didn't get into one, A bottle of NC Muscadine might be a nice gift for our room Steward in addition to the tips. Does anybody know if that's allowed?

My GF MUSTVE forgot that she just as guilty as me putting in an order for potato chips because she jumps up frustratingly and glares at me from under the cover and hits me with the " OMG you have GOT TO BE kidding me...230AM DUDE??" Face........I just look back at her with a mouth full of shrimp and go..." They forgot your potato chips"...

I've read a lot of reviews here but have never commented before. I have to say that "They forgot your chips" may be the funniest thing I have ever heard! Please, promise us that you will go on another cruise soon and will write another review.

[quote name='cocoted']My GF MUSTVE forgot that she just as guilty as me putting in an order for potato chips because she jumps up frustratingly and glares at me from under the cover and hits me with the " OMG you have GOT TO BE kidding me...230AM DUDE??" Face........I just look back at her with a mouth full of shrimp and go..." They forgot your potato chips"...

I've read a lot of reviews here but have never commented before. I have to say that "They forgot your chips" may be the funniest thing I have ever heard! Please, promise us that you will go on another cruise soon and will write another review.[/QUOTE]

LoL!!!...I still don't know if she thought I was lying and ate them or she forgot she ordered them...but they really did forget them. Lol. That was funny tome too....but the funniest!!!! story of whole trip I don't think I'm allowed to tell....Boy I wish I could!!!

Just finished reading your review - loved, loved it!!! We are huge Fantasy lovers too. She was our first ship.

Trying to book a Fantasy cruise for next spring. This is what happens to you after your first cruise - you can't stop!!!!

Kim Edited by LUVMYGSDOG

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='dolphiness']I have read alot of reviews and You, my friend are the most entertaining of them all!!! You are my kind of people! Keep it up! You're freaking hilarious !![/quote]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][I]Ditto this! ^^^^[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][I]I'm just on page two and i've already woke one of the cats with my laughing!!!![/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Shyhova']I mean...this omelet...It was like....Jesus..had personally cracked each egg, and folded over every ingredient ever so heavenly...and didn't even bother putting it on a plate...He just let me eat it out of his holy hands...[/QUOTE]

Okay, the review was amusing right up to this point -- where it became truly [B]hilarious.[/B] I'll be on the Fantasy this week, and I neeeeeed me a Jesus omelette. Thanks for making me literally LOL.

Caro

[quote name='Shyhova']I did this review for the woman that has inspired me to get up get out and see the WORLD. Since we have been together I have been places I always wanted to go but always found a reason not to. Thanks Bae for inspiring me to do the things in life I always wanted to like getting my degree, standing at ground zero.....eating warm chocolate melting cake!!! I did this review for you and hope you like it. Love You.[/QUOTE]

This actually made me tear up a bit :o This is the best review that I have ever read, and I have read a lot. My DH and I just sat and read every word together! You had us ROFL. That was fantastic. Your writing style is unique and very entertaining. I think you could have a future in something editorial. HILARIOUS. Thank you for posting something so well written and fun. Usually we just scroll through the pics and read a caption here or there, but we really were laughing so loud... And the kids are asleep, so that takes a lot to make us laugh if it might wake them up!!
On a side note, I read your first post on here, like the first paragraph or two and saw your pic. I asked DH after I read it out loud to him "describe what you think this guy looks like". This was after the part about you talking about trying all the food and stuff. He goes "Well a bigger bald white guy that eats a lot of food." LOLOLOL. I then showed him your pic and he was like "yeah, not what I expected" hehehehe. He eats just as much though and loves food too, so I don't know what he was thinking :)

Now off topic question.... How can guys like you and also my DH eat SOO much fried crap and still look good???? Meanwhile the women are stuck eating fruit so that they can look sexy?????