My Very First Cruise ( My Photo Review aboard the Carnival Fantasy) Oct 1-6, 2013

Shyhova

Shyhova-BEST REVIEW EVER!! I'm not sure where I've been for the last month since I just started reading your review today! Your writing style cracks me up! I'm leaving on the Sunshine in 3 weeks so your review has me ready to go!!

Take me with you!!!!!...I've read a few reviews of that ship and it seems like that was an awesome transformation they did....Have Fun!!!:)

Hey Jane!!!!...How is the hubby doing? How'd you know that I told her I wanted todo Virgin Islands? Lol....Only problem is she wants todo Turks and Caicos for her bday in August....maybe we can do both!! Lol

Hi Back Atcha ! Hubby is fine. As long as it's football season, he's happy as a lark. What can I say. Basketball is second, but baseball, it's a long season until football begins again !

I don't know anything about Turks and Caicos, is that the same as Grand Turk ? Our son and daughter-in-law were on Grand Turk two weeks ago on their Breeze cruise for his 43 birthday. He's didn't do a CC Review, but I'm sending you a link to the "Mom sharing his review," thread so you can read their opinion of Grand Turk. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1939802 Read it to her and maybe she'll change her mind. That can be an early Christmas celebration.

Oh, what the heck, do both ! You're an accountant, you figure out the formula ! LOL

Wow! What a fantastic first review. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for taking the time to do it. So is your screen name your real name?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

THANKS!!!..No...my screen name comes from my very first screen name ever online when I was 16...I'm just vaguely remember what it meant to me then...lol...but I've just stuck with it. Doesn't really mean anything.

Hi Back Atcha ! Hubby is fine. As long as it's football season, he's happy as a lark. What can I say. Basketball is second, but baseball, it's a long season until football begins again !

I don't know anything about Turks and Caicos, is that the same as Grand Turk ? Our son and daughter-in-law were on Grand Turk two weeks ago on their Breeze cruise for his 43 birthday. He's didn't do a CC Review, but I'm sending you a link to the "Mom sharing his review," thread so you can read their opinion of Grand Turk. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1939802 Read it to her and maybe she'll change her mind. That can be an early Christmas celebration.

Oh, what the heck, do both ! You're an accountant, you figure out the formula ! LOL

Lol...I will definitely look into it. You have my word . I would love to cruise with you guys.

This was a great grateful hilareous and fun read...loved the gym guy too, did not know him..LOL....there is something about starting on Fantasy Class and there you were on her, the Fantasy..(I do think they have more time for the customer in that size)..i have done much more dreamin than cruisin (about 6 since 20 and i am just cough cough 54) but I love it here and one day many more..you are a great soul..I hate beer too..lol..so fun to find a guy who does..the way you put your arm around Anak and your hand so carefully on her tiny arm..(sp) it was so sweet...yes it is those moments and sharing them that make life worth it..and gratitude to the people that make you king or queen for a few days...thanks so much for taking us on your cruise..really appreciate it..just so much fun..many happy times ahead to you and your best friend, the world will welcome you out of school as well as it did in school and you keep that joy in you, thanks for sharing it...Happy Holidays....Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Thanks!!!. Hey Hubb...glad you could laugh with me bro!! You all are going to enjoy the ship. I will say this, be positive and NOTHING can go "wrong" even if it does go wrong you know? My GF pointed out stuff she felt I was missing...that is offered on other ships..or maybe Carnival cut back fleetwide...but at EOD none of it mattered cause we were together and had a blast!! Enjoy your trip, and hubby..grab a seat nearby cause I hope review gets better.

I haven't been on CC since coming back from our last cruise a couple of weeks ago. Don't know how I missed your review before hand, but am glad I found it this morning. It is def "morning chuckle" material. Trying to make it through before commenting, but this post deserved a note.

Dude, I've cruised 14 times and have met many "veteran" cruisers who simply miss this point! To board your first cruise with this attitude, you are def a rare bird. You are the kind of people I love to cruise with!!

Your 6'3" black dude, fruity drinks, and dancing with the grandmas cracked me up too! Hilarious!! Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Oh BTW, the DW and I sailed Fantasy when she was still in New Orleans and fell in love with her. The move to Charleston was our gift from Carnival! lol. We've now sailed her 4 times, and she is our favorite by far.

Thanks for your review, having a blast reading it. Maybe someday we'll be fortunate enough to sail with you.

Let me just get this out the way before the trolls come out. I know I am a 6'3" black dude and everything but I just don't like beer. I can fruity drink with the best of them though...don't judge me!!! LoLoL

Besides...them Carnival drinks got a knockout blow that you just don't see coming till its too late. One minute you sucking them down and chasing them with wine from the room and next thing you know you doing the cupid shuffle with a group of grandmas from Boise....*shrug*

I love it! Your review is a hoot!

Cheers for cruising and cheers for your review!

Your review was by far the most fun I have had reading ANYTHING for a long time. We are from NC too (in the mountains), and the Fantasy was our first cruise (big ocean-going cruise that is - river boat cruising is a whole different ball game). We LOVED her. She is truly special, and so is her crew.

Everyone has pros and cons to report about different itineraries, port experiences, ships, food, crew - but you are absolutely right - it is what you make of it. Go expecting to have a good time because it is a vacation, a break from reality, and time spent traveling with people you love, and you will have a great time. We are counting down until our next cruise in July - WCMC and Jesus omelets (OMG, I laughed so hard I cried over that one), here we come!:D

Welcome to the addiction! Now go get some more little ship pictures for your signature line!:)

I'm only on page 7, but this is already epic. I will have to borrow the phrase "lukewarm plate of hell to the no" at some point. I love it! You are hilarious & informative. Thanks for sharing your review. :)

I just got off the Fantasy on Sunday. I am still rocking a little but not as bad as yesterday. So I venture up to the Lido deck on our first sea day and find the omelette station (same as Mongolian Wok) and had my first Jesus omelette! You are so right. It was amazing! I had another one in the Main Dining room on the morning we were in Freeport. So good, fluffy, cooked perfect. Amazing!

I ran into another lady from our FB group where we had all passed around the link to your review and she said, "Look! It's my Jesus omelette!"

So many of the other food things you talked about were just fabulous - the fig cake (best thing I had all week), the bitter and blanc, the crab cakes. I don't know if you had it but the cereal encrusted french toast was out of this world. It was in the MDR on the sea day brunch. We got there late (about 11:15) and they had these popover rolls that were amazing.

Thanks again for your review. It really helped get me ready for my cruise. I will write my own review in the next few days.

Penny

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't been on CC since coming back from our last cruise a couple of weeks ago. Don't know how I missed your review before hand, but am glad I found it this morning. It is def "morning chuckle" material. Trying to make it through before commenting, but this post deserved a note.

Dude, I've cruised 14 times and have met many "veteran" cruisers who simply miss this point! To board your first cruise with this attitude, you are def a rare bird. You are the kind of people I love to cruise with!!

Your 6'3" black dude, fruity drinks, and dancing with the grandmas cracked me up too! Hilarious!! Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Oh BTW, the DW and I sailed Fantasy when she was still in New Orleans and fell in love with her. The move to Charleston was our gift from Carnival! lol. We've now sailed her 4 times, and she is our favorite by far.

Thanks for your review, having a blast reading it. Maybe someday we'll be fortunate enough to sail with you.

Thanks!!! Yea, I believe vacation can be what you make it!!

Thanks for the awesome review, you definitely had me cracking up. Reviews are therapeutic for the post cruise depression.... a great way to relive the trip. Thanks for taking the time to share with us all.

Thanks for reading!!

Cheers for cruising and cheers for your review!

Your review was by far the most fun I have had reading ANYTHING for a long time. We are from NC too (in the mountains), and the Fantasy was our first cruise (big ocean-going cruise that is - river boat cruising is a whole different ball game). We LOVED her. She is truly special, and so is her crew.

Everyone has pros and cons to report about different itineraries, port experiences, ships, food, crew - but you are absolutely right - it is what you make of it. Go expecting to have a good time because it is a vacation, a break from reality, and time spent traveling with people you love, and you will have a great time. We are counting down until our next cruise in July - WCMC and Jesus omelets (OMG, I laughed so hard I cried over that one), here we come!:D

Welcome to the addiction! Now go get some more little ship pictures for your signature line!:)

Thank You!!!!...I'm about to add number two in April!! Cant wait todo another review/

I LOVED the bread basket!!!! So funny! I read it to my husband and he said it was so me!!!! I love my bread baskets!!! I so enjoyed your TR!!!

LoL...I was so hyped for that bread!! It didnt taste as well as it looked unfortunately. Thanks!!!

I just got off the Fantasy on Sunday. I am still rocking a little but not as bad as yesterday. So I venture up to the Lido deck on our first sea day and find the omelette station (same as Mongolian Wok) and had my first Jesus omelette! You are so right. It was amazing! I had another one in the Main Dining room on the morning we were in Freeport. So good, fluffy, cooked perfect. Amazing!

I ran into another lady from our FB group where we had all passed around the link to your review and she said, "Look! It's my Jesus omelette!"

So many of the other food things you talked about were just fabulous - the fig cake (best thing I had all week), the bitter and blanc, the crab cakes. I don't know if you had it but the cereal encrusted french toast was out of this world. It was in the MDR on the sea day brunch. We got there late (about 11:15) and they had these popover rolls that were amazing.

Thanks again for your review. It really helped get me ready for my cruise. I will write my own review in the next few days.

Penny

Thanks!!! You had one?? Oh how I would die for one this saturday morning lol. I guess it will have to wait till April :p

Just finding your review, two months later! Love the easy going attitude. Btw, I have a purse that is like 4 inches x 5 inches. I get stopped at every checkpoint and my luggage always gets searched. Must be my 5'1" 44 year old grandma bad @ss thing I got going on. Can't wait to read the rest.