My Very First Cruise ( My Photo Review aboard the Carnival Fantasy) Oct 1-6, 2013

Shyhova

I LOVED this review...my fiance and I are taking our first cruise on the Carnival Fantasy in less than 2 weeks and I stumbled on your review to help us get an idea of what to expect. I laughed through the whole thing! LOL

Thank you so much for all the pictures, directions, tips and ofcourse the hilarious commentary. So glad to have read it. I feel so much better and even more excited about how much fun we are gonna have.

Thanks again! and I cant wait to read the next review...

I LOVED this review...my fiance and I are taking our first cruise on the Carnival Fantasy in less than 2 weeks and I stumbled on your review to help us get an idea of what to expect. I laughed through the whole thing! LOL

Thank you so much for all the pictures, directions, tips and ofcourse the hilarious commentary. So glad to have read it. I feel so much better and even more excited about how much fun we are gonna have.

Thanks again! and I cant wait to read the next review...

THank you!!!! You guys are gonna have a blast.

April 5th on the Victory....Victory is Mines!!!!! Victoryyyy todayyy is minessss lol. I can't wait Abt I will be doing another review :)

• 3 weeks later...
I have searched and searched for this review to show my husband, he doesnt do the cc thing, but I want him to read your review because its exactly how cruising feels to me, you review brought back all those wonderful (if a lil' fuzzy) memories

Thank You jgr8fulbear....I'm glad I could help bring back those memories. I sail in April on Victory, so I hope that I have an even better cruise and review!!

Shyhova,

I read your earlier review. LOVED IT!! You had me laughing out loud. So glad you came back with more. Love how you write. Keep cruising and keep writing. Hope to bump into you on a ship some day. Going out on the Dream 8-24 out of NOLA...hint, hint.

Hopped on over to Senor Frogs where I pulled out the cheese plate AGAIN....

IMAG0359_zps9b5d02e3.jpg

IMAG0360_zps30b5eeb6.jpg

Damn that dude cool as hell...I'd like to meet THAT GUY.

IMAG0362_zps3bdec00c.jpg

IMAG0363_zpse65032b2.jpg

IMAG0364_zps13513aec.jpg

Don't ask me what's in it...BUT its GOOD.

IMAG0365_zpsf5f05538.jpg

This was my first time in a Senor Frogs. It was mid day so lively, but not like how it gets at night...

I read your fantastic review back when you first posted, and again, thank you! I'm not sure if you check back to your review periodically but...

I haven't been to Freeport since before Senor Frog's was built. Do you remember if they had free WiFi there?

Thanks!

"Lemme tell you something....If that wasn't the best damn omelet I ever tasted. I mean...this omelet...It was like....Jesus..had personally cracked each egg, and folded over every ingredient ever so heavenly...and didn't even bother putting it on a plate...He just let me eat it out of his holy hands..."

I pissed my pants at this one. OMG. You should forget accounting and become a travel writer.

You looked like an African American Elvis in your Caution Pants and those glasses! (Is that bad to say LOLOLOLOL)

Best CC review I have read thus far.

Did the Disney ship play their horns for you guys? If you haven't heard them, go on youtube and look up horn battles.

You just don't know as you type I'm feverishly trying figure out how I can fit a 5 day on this ship into my schedule. You have me looking at teacher work days and everything so I can take my son. It would be sooooo easy to just drive to Charleston and hop on a cruise ship!

Here's a neat tip for this ship.

You and your wife could each book your own cabin (adjoining, of course) with no single supplement. Use one for a bedroom, and then you each have your own bathroom. Exact same cost as if you both were in one small cabin.

Three of us are going in a couple of days and we all have our very own cabin. First time we've ever done this.

Happy sails.

Kathy

OMG! I wrote my first comment before reading the whole review and you, sir, are hilarious! Please give up your career and become a comedian! You could definitely give Kevin Hart a run for his money! Once again....great review and I'm glad you had a great first cruise!

I did this review for the woman that has inspired me to get up get out and see the WORLD. Since we have been together I have been places I always wanted to go but always found a reason not to. Thanks Bae for inspiring me to do the things in life I always wanted to like getting my degree, standing at ground zero.....eating warm chocolate melting cake!!! I did this review for you and hope you like it. Love You.

This <3

I love your review! You are so funny and expressive. Fantasy was my very first cruise and your great gift of describing details without getting bogged down in minutiae rekindles that excited nervousness of my first cruise - tasting new foods, seeing new worlds and just doing things I never imagined I would ever do.

Thank you so much for such an awesome review and I can't wait for your next one!

This <3

I love your review! You are so funny and expressive. Fantasy was my very first cruise and your great gift of describing details without getting bogged down in minutiae rekindles that excited nervousness of my first cruise - tasting new foods, seeing new worlds and just doing things I never imagined I would ever do.

Thank you so much for such an awesome review and I can't wait for your next one!

OMG! I wrote my first comment before reading the whole review and you, sir, are hilarious! Please give up your career and become a comedian! You could definitely give Kevin Hart a run for his money! Once again....great review and I'm glad you had a great first cruise!

Thanks you guys are so kind. :) I leave April 5 and can't wait to do another review...I wonder what kind of shenanigans I can get in in Jamaica??

I read your fantastic review back when you first posted, and again, thank you! I'm not sure if you check back to your review periodically but...

I haven't been to Freeport since before Senor Frog's was built. Do you remember if they had free WiFi there?

Thanks![/quote

Thank you!!...I don't remember, Sry. But I did enjoy it. It seems like a great addition to the Freeport port...

Thanks for posting such a fab review. I was literally laughing out loud and people around were asking what was going on. LOL :)

Can't wait to read your next review!

Thanks CruisinGirl!!!!!!...Stay tuned in April cause I'm not sure what Jamaica gonna be like, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait lol

Shy - I don't know who commented to bump your review up to the front page yesterday, but I'm sooo glad they did or I would have never found it. I leave out Sunday and I needed one last hit before I board Sunday to hold me over. Like a crack feign. LOL! Your review hit the spot. I started it at work yesterday and finished it last night. I was in stitches, laughing til my side hurt.

Thanks for a great review and the fix to tied me over.

Thanks you guys are so kind. :) I leave April 5 and can't wait to do another review...I wonder what kind of shenanigans I can get in in Jamaica??

I've only been to Jamaica once but it is my favorite place so far! The people are so friendly and happy. We hired a driver for the day and he took us to the hummingbird sanctuary and then ate lunch with us in town. Afterwards, he dropped us off at the shops and he picked us up when we were done. We negotiated $100 up front and then gave him a big tip at the end.

You will love it there!

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome Review!!! Loved it and cracked up the whole time! Hurry up and post your review of your next cruise so I will know what to do in Jamaica in June on the Breeze! :)

We chose self debark and decided to get out the door by 630am. CHarleston has a silent debakation. There are no announcements and if you choose to self-assist then they ask you to debark during the assigned times on your debarkation paperwork. Our level....Empress level(5) was 710am....They said that the elevators wouldn't work on our floor until that time...don't leave before then...blah blah blah.....They tell you that to try to avoid gridlock. We were up and leaving the boat by 6:45 and by 715 we were through customs and heading on the shuttle back to the car....PAINLESS.

My first cruise awesome. It was an experience that I will never forget and that I will surely try to duplicate. But that's the thing I think I have realized from review to review...Every experience is different...every ship has it's own unique personality, and I cant wait to experience all of them. My trip on the Fantasy may have been my first cruise ever but it will most certainly not be my last. Was it perfect? No....Was it what everyone had made it to be? For the most part....Was it a fantastic experience that I enjoyed every minute of?....ABSOLUTELY!! Here's to all cruise newbies and veterans alike.......a toast...A huge FRUITY DRINK we all can share a sip out of....Say it with me..." To Cruising!!"........" TO CRUISINGG!!!!!!"

I did this review for the woman that has inspired me to get up get out and see the WORLD. Since we have been together I have been places I always wanted to go but always found a reason not to. Thanks Bae for inspiring me to do the things in life I always wanted to like getting my degree, standing at ground zero.....eating warm chocolate melting cake!!! I did this review for you and hope you like it. Love You.

P.S I'll be a C.C lifer now so hopefully this is the first of many guys. So hit me up if you see the green light on and everybody enjoy your next cruise!!!!!!!!!

Shyhova

I know this is an older thread but it was the best report EVAH!

Shy - I don't know who commented to bump your review up to the front page yesterday, but I'm sooo glad they did or I would have never found it. I leave out Sunday and I needed one last hit before I board Sunday to hold me over. Like a crack feign. LOL! Your review hit the spot. I started it at work yesterday and finished it last night. I was in stitches, laughing til my side hurt.

Thanks for a great review and the fix to tied me over.

THANK YOU for reading...i enjoyed doing it, and I'm back at it in 3 weeks!!