Coke Freestyle machine: Favorite drink combinations

roquejo

For those who have already tried the coke Freestyle machines in any of the 6 RCCL ships, after experimenting with different combos throughout the cruise,

what is eventually your favorite combination?

Is it Raspberry diet coke? Peach Sprite??

I've not yet had the pleasure of using one of those machines on a ship yet, but I'll be doing so in 25 days.

But here at home, as a DIET soda drinker, I enjoy the simple pleasures of the Fanta Zero flavors. In versions that are only 10 or 15 calories per 8 oz. serving, I can get a raspberry soda, a lime soda, a cherry soda, etc.

I read a review of all combos somewhere on the net. They suggested Sprite with Orange, which I recently tried. If I don't take the Diet Coke, I get this. It is sharper than the Fanta Orange, but has just the slightest bit of lemon/lime aftertaste. Wonderful!

Does Freedom of the Seas have a Free Style machine?

Yes, they have it on freedom...

I'm curious with orange sprite so will try this...

I like ginger ale so might as well experiment on mixing this..

Diet coke with vanilla and orange?

You mean you can mix 3 different flavors instead of just 2?

I know this is slightly off-topic, but I'm curious about this one.

I seldom drink soda at home and have never found the need for a soda package on a cruise. (In eight cruises, I've purchased one soda, and that was for my niece.)

That said, what stops me from walking up with my own cup, glass, bottle, etc. and just (dishonestly) using the freestyle machines? Other than my own sense of honesty, that is.

I'm sure there are some honest people who don't realize that these machines are intended as a paid product and might otherwise attempt to fill up, plus there are some dishonest people who would just like to scam a Coke from the machine... So how do the machines ensure that only paying customers use them?

I have not used the ones on RCI (will be on Freedom in 46 days though! :D ), but 5 Guys Burgers and Fries around us have had them for a while now and I'm a big fan of Diet Coke with either Raspberry or Orange. My kids try a lot of really weird (to me ;) ) combinations and thankfully they can try them and dump it if it's really nasty tasting. :o

I seldom drink soda at home and have never found the need for a soda package on a cruise. (In eight cruises, I've purchased one soda, and that was for my niece.)

That said, what stops me from walking up with my own cup, glass, bottle, etc. and just (dishonestly) using the freestyle machines? Other than my own sense of honesty, that is.

I'm sure there are some honest people who don't realize that these machines are intended as a paid product and might otherwise attempt to fill up, plus there are some dishonest people who would just like to scam a Coke from the machine... So how do the machines ensure that only paying customers use them?

The machines have an RFID reader and the cups have an RFID chip. Pretty simple.

My understanding is that the cups you purchase have a chip in them that are required to activate the machine. Otherwise, it won't dispense anything.

You are given a special cup that the machine can identify. Just any old cup won't work. That way there is no stealing. Plus you get a souvenir.

Plus I would like to add that there is a cool off period between servings.. typically 15 minutes but it differs from ship to ship and between machines, depends on how they configured it.

Meaning after you get a full cup, the machine prevents you from using it again after a certain time.

This along with the special cup with a chip needed to activate the machine and the expiration date...

These are the controls... they are not perfect or 100% fool proof, but at least they minimize dishonesty compared to if there are no controls.

Edited by roquejo

Yes, they have it on freedom...

I'm curious with orange sprite so will try this...

I like ginger ale so might as well experiment on mixing this..

Diet coke with vanilla and orange?

You mean you can mix 3 different flavors instead of just 2?

Yes, I pick diet coke and orange flavoring, fill cup 1/2 way then switch to vanilla flavoring to fill it the rest of the way.

Has EOS got these machines?

Will this do my teenagers instead of a soda package ? How much is cup ?

What's in the soda package

A and what's included in theAL drink wise

The Coke Freestyle machines are on Enchantment and Explorer. They are part of the soda package, which costs $6.50 per day for adults, and $4.50 per day for children under 18. Add 15% gratuity.

Edited by clarea