questions on brilliance

Frommer's guide says plenty of storage space in bathrooms, Berlitz says

very little. Frommer's says the deck chairs are comfortably padded, Berlitz

says too bad no pads on the deck chairs. What's the deal here? I'd especially

like to know about the bathroom storage so I know whether to invest in a

hook to stick on the wall to hang a toiletries bag.........

In the D category on Brilliance there was a shelf the whole length of the vanity area... under the sink etc... for bathroom storage. Plus the closet had tons of room for other things. We had room for 4 people's stuff in there without using the over the door hanger thing or a toiletries bag!!!!!

The deck chairs had no cushions on the balcony's. The pool deck chairs didn't have cushions either. I thought that the solarium pool had cushions on theirs but DH says no. ???

Hope this helps.

There is tons of storage space in the room, and I found the deck chairs to be very comfortable without the padding.

I would pay very little attention to either of those guides. I bought the Frommer's book, and it is utterly useless. By far, it is the biggest waste of money of any book I have ever purchased. Can't comment on Berlitz, but that one is probably useless as well. Nothing beats old fashioned experience, and you can either find that by yourself or ask a reliable source here on CC.

thanks for your answers...we're in 8524, cat E1. I hate having to balance

my stuff on ledges and cram them on shelves. I read the guide books

because I get so much fun out of anticipating my vacations I wallow in all

the info I can find. I usually found Frommer's ok, like Fodor's better but

had never seen the Berlitz before. I have always found, though, for the

last 5 years, this message board and the great people that use it are the

absolute best source of info on cruises.....

Guest cruzr44
Frommer's guide says plenty of storage space in bathrooms, Berlitz says

very little. Frommer's says the deck chairs are comfortably padded, Berlitz

says too bad no pads on the deck chairs. What's the deal here? I'd especially

like to know about the bathroom storage so I know whether to invest in a

hook to stick on the wall to hang a toiletries bag.........

There is a hook inside the bathroom door we put our toiletries bag on. No need to buy one. There is also storage behind the long angled mirrors at the desk.

We had tons of storage in our D1 cabin..... and I am considered part of the OVER PACKERS club:D I do take my over the door thing, but actually don't use it there I put it on the rungs near the desk so I don't lose seapass etc.

I bought a wonderful makeup bag at Bed Bath and Beyond that I hang from the bathroom door. That is that best money I have ever spent, well almost the best money is the money for the cruise.

I did find the cabins on the Brilliance larger than our D1 on the Splendour.

I think it just depends on the opinion of the reviewer as to how much storage space anything has. IMO, there has always been ample storage space in any of the state rooms we've had and that ranges from the inside cabin our DD and her SO to a Cat H and an SO outside cabin, a D1 and a JS balcony cabin. All had enough space for my wife's junk and mine. Now I wouldn't say they have nearly as much room as any nice hotel room but, there were lot's of little shelves, nooks and crannys to put things.

We were in an E2 cabin on Brilliance OTS for our Med. cruise last October and the room was bigger than our hotel room in Barcelona was. Plenty of room in the closet and drawers in the desk. The bathroom had a shelf under the sink which fit all of our stuff. We took an over the door hanger thingy but never used it. Our suitcases fit under the beds.

Julie

In addition to the shelf below the sink in the bathroom, there is also storage behind the angled mirror in the bathroom (that's in addition to shelves behind the angled mirrors above the desk).

There's also storage above the safe in the cupboard over the TV. We never even use this as there is so much other storage in the balcony cabins on the Radiance class ships.

There is plenty of storage space. I have been in a D1 and an inside and found that there is enought space. I for one would not cruise without my over the door shoe holder. It is just so much easier to be able to see everything at a glance. It also works great for your seapass cards, shipshape dollars and all kinds of little things.

Carrie

Archived