Help with Travel Agent

We booked a sailing on Oasis for 1-11-14. 2 cabins at a price that is no longer offered and the TA promised an OBC of $200 per cabin. We booked ths in early July paid our deposit, etc.

We now have to pay for this trip next week and learned that the TA was fired and the agency is questioning the O BC even though I have it in writing.

I really want to transfer the reservation to a new agent but RCCL is making me go through lots of hoops and s generally being uncooperative. I can't even cancel --the TA has the cancel.

Any ideas wth RCCL or referrals to reputable TAs that would possibly honor the credit and do a good job?

Why are they questioning the OBC? You have it in writing. You bought a vacation package based on what they offered and put into writing. No one else is under any obligation to honor except for that travel agency. Don't waste your time jerking around getting someone else to match the offer, go straight to the Attorney Generals office of the state the travel agent is located in and file a complaint for deceptive advertising practices.

We booked a sailing on Oasis for 1-11-14. 2 cabins at a price that is no longer offered and the TA promised an OBC of $200 per cabin. We booked ths in early July paid our deposit, etc.

We now have to pay for this trip next week and learned that the TA was fired and the agency is questioning the O BC even though I have it in writing.

I really want to transfer the reservation to a new agent but RCCL is making me go through lots of hoops and s generally being uncooperative. I can't even cancel --the TA has the cancel.

Any ideas wth RCCL or referrals to reputable TAs that would possibly honor the credit and do a good job?

why can't you cancel?

The legal contract is between the TA and RCI, not you. Thus the "hoops" you are havign to jump through. It is NOT RCI giving you the run around. This the same for every cruise line-travel agency booking.

I would select another agency, call them, ask if they would honor the OBC, if so, then make a three way call between you, your current TA and RCI. They will have to release the space, once they do, you will "own" the reservation. You can then direct RCI to place the booking iwth your new TA.

Or, you can fight with your current TA and attempt to hold the OBC

The TA not the customer on trolls the res. RCCL only will deal with the TA. No one TA is gettingvack to me but aside from that it would cost me about 1200 more to cancel nd rebook based on current prces. Got screwed that's all.

Ask to speak to the owner of the agency and calmly discuss the matter.

Final payment is due on October 28. You have a bit of time to resolve this.

Archived