Wrap Around Breeze - I'm Confused???

gooselover

DH has always wanted a wrap around. So, I called my PVP and we talked. Decided on the Breeze and she told me she wanted to look at something...okay, she comes back on and said, I can get you aft wrap 9475 for about the same price as a regular balcony on the Breeze (oh it might have been about less than $5/day total).

Now I have searched on here and I have heard that 9475 (as well as 9472) do not have a sofa....no big deal.....

My question is....why are these two rooms on the 9th deck less than the regular wrap arounds? Anyone stayed in these rooms? Is the balcony smaller than the other wraps?

Thanks for your responses.

Above poster is probably correct. We have not had one, but have been offered one at a cheap price, and when I have tried to pull one up while doing a mock booking, it will not come up, so I guess these two cabins can be had by speaking to a PVP.

Nope, I booked 9475 online.

gooselover, the balcony is a wrap, but it is a narrow in comparison to the other wraps, it is still larger than a regular balcony. You can see a picture of the cabin and the balcony on cruiseline rooms dot com. Search for the ship and then the cabin. It's pretty cool.

DH has always wanted a wrap around. So, I called my PVP and we talked. Decided on the Breeze and she told me she wanted to look at something...okay, she comes back on and said, I can get you aft wrap 9475 for about the same price as a regular balcony on the Breeze (oh it might have been about less than $5/day total).

Now I have searched on here and I have heard that 9475 (as well as 9472) do not have a sofa....no big deal.....

My question is....why are these two rooms on the 9th deck less than the regular wrap arounds? Anyone stayed in these rooms? Is the balcony smaller than the other wraps?

Yes - because of the step up deck to deck across the back of the ship the largest balcony is on 6 and they get smaller as you go up. Aft wraps are pretty much all we book and we've had 6501 - on the Breeze - twice.

But even saying that - the ones on 9 are no way near a spacious as those on the other decks that fall under the "Premimun Balcony" pricing.

Still a great way to see if it's something you enjoy!! ;)

Edited by happy cruzin

I have stayed in cabin 9472 on the first sailing (photos are on cruise line rooms dot com under the Magic, Breeze was not on the site when I sailed). This cabin is priced as a regular balcony not premuim. The crew stair case cuts in to the room a bit and there is a crew door on the balcony. These two cabins on the Magic, Dream and Breeze are treated in the same way. You do hear the occasional chair scraping but it is not horrible. I had no soot on the balcony and would not hestitate to stay in that cabin again.

I stayed in one of those rooms on the Dream (same ship class). The rooms get slightly smaller as you go up because of the angle on the back of the ship. The room is small but the balcony is still big. The balcony I believe is a little narrower than on say deck 6, but it was still very comfortable.

We've never stayed in one but have looked at them. The balcony is very narrow and is completely covered so if you're looking for sun you won't have any. It is convenient if it is raining however. The room itself is a joke as far as we're concerned. It is a lot smaller than other balcony rooms.

We had 9475 on our Breeze med cruise last summer. Loved the room, loved the balcony. Loved to lie on my lounge chair listening to my iPod and reading in the afternoon, cocktail in hand. No issues with noise from the lido deck and our cruise was very full. Plenty of space in the room for two people - no sofa but didn't miss it. A lovely light cabin. Would book it again with no hesitation.

Pam.

Edited by truesdpr

We had that cabin back in Feb. Like has been said the room has no sofa and it a little bit smaller than regular balcony rooms. It was a non issue for us the balcony is very long and completely covered. For the price we got I would book it again in a heartbeat.

We had 9475 on the Dream and another in our group had 9472. These were a Cat-D balcony room (not sure if they still are) but as Cat-D balcony prices dropped, so did ours. It was $600 more to book the same rooms on the lower decks at that time.....not worth it to us.

The room was ok...a little smaller as someone else mentioned.

The balcony was a little more narrow on the back side and around the curve than what we have experienced in our aft-wrap Vista suites on Legend & Miracle, but it was still very usable an we enjoyed it...the curve, but normal -sized on the side of the ship

The balcony is completely covered.....so no sun during the day -- which worked out very well for our friends in 9472 who like to just be on their own balcony but not sweat to death or be burned. The downside is you don't get to see stars at night either. Our day in Belize was rained out, but we were still able to be outside in a rainstorm without getting wet.

I'd say try it and see if you like it. I wouldn't hesitate to book it again. Oh, and the were able to open the balcony divider for the room on the side next to us where our other friends were.

I'll try & post a few pics if I can of 9475.

100_0363.jpg.baebdb503642348f18f2b01bab24b23d.jpg

• 3 months later...

Good choice! We were in 9475 2 weeks ago on the Breeze. Loved the cabin and deck but wish I had been on the "other corner" as the views always seemed to better on that side of the ship when we were in port.

The room itself is tight, no sofa or chair. The deck has 2 chairs (one was a recliner), a small table and a lounger. We took the stool from the room outside to the deck add to the comfort.

The deck is narrow but must be at least 40 ft long. At the widest point I had the lounger perpendicular to the room so it's about 6 ft wide but narrows significantly as it rounds the side of the ship. The divider on the end is completely walled, no gaps to see or hear our next door neighbor on the aft.

Bring a small bungee and keep the door open - no fear of rain with the big overhang.

Chair scraping noises from Lido were irritating at times, but liked that we just a quick run up to the Lido for food and drinks.

In mid-January the sun was lower to the horizon so we did get some nice sunshine despite the overhang, especially in the early day and late afternoon.

Edited by SyrRealtor
added info

We have 9475 booked for our cruise on the Breeze. During my investigation of this cabin I found these pictures of 9472. I wish I knew where they came from so I could give the person credit. But it looks like a great cabin! The only negative thing I have read is the occasional noise from the Lido deck.

http://gallery.mjcwebdesign.com/main.php?g2_itemId=7022

we had 9472 on the Dream and loved it for the price It is smaller then the other wraps but the savings is huge for the same view ,we have the same room 9472 on the Breeze for two weeks starting Sunday !!!

We have 9475 during your second cruise of your B2B. Can't wait to meet you!

Kathy that awesome, we can compare rooms and share the views if one has a better one then the other for that port ...I am always afraid I booked the wrong side

Tough to plan for the views. The ships often back in versus pulling in - which changes which side faces the port.

It's up to the Captain and port traffic. So it's not really something I'd count on. ;)

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app