FTTF regrets?

TikkiTembo

I’ve seen lots of posts about FTTF; some say it’s the greatest and would always purchase if available and others say they would never waste their money on it. But I’m curious and would like opinions of those who have actually USED the service(s). Has anyone used FTTF felt that it wasn’t what it worth it in hindsight; that you would not purchase it again on future cruises?

I used it on my Breeze cruise in August. We are doing a b2b in January and we have it for the first leg. We loved it and don't think it's a waste of money. We hand carry the cpap and other items we don't want the baggage handlers to have. We ate than went back to the cabin to unpack our luggage. This was all done before 1 o'clock. As long as it's available we will get it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We will certainly use it until we become platinium. In January, from the time we got in line, to the time we walked on the ship was 17 minutes. Our room was ready so we were able to drop off our carry ons. It was nice to skip the lines when we had to see guest services. We did not have any tendered ports, so I can't comment on that perk.

We've used it, and it made things very convenient from beginning to end. In fact, I had it when I first booked our next cruise, but then the upsell fairy (I'm being kind here....) and led us to believe that the Grand Suite came with all the same benefits -- so I cancelled the FTTF order. Since then I've discovered the ONLY "perk" for suites is priority embarkation and debarkation. One would think for the extra $$ you lay out for a suite that CCL would include the full FTTF package, if nothing else....... If you can get it - by all means go for it, and don't look back!!!

We used it mostly so we could drop off our case of water, cpap and carry on bags as soon as we boarded. We dropped our bags off and unpacked since our luggage was already there, then went and had a cheeseburger. Once we ate we went to the forward observation deck on deck 10 near our room and waved at the webcam and called mom so she could see us.

We used the priority tender, so we did not have to wait in the theater. We also used the VIP line at guest services once, but there was no one in line at either side, so I could have used the regular line.

In New Orleans the process is real simple. You get dropped off by the cab and hand the checked bags to the porter, make sure you point out FTTF, so you get the right sticker on the bag--it is orange. You go toward the area where 200 people are trying to cram through one door and show your boarding pass to the lady who is standing next to the line that is empty and she lets you in. This puts you in the regular escalator and you go up. Once at the top you take the priority/diamond/fttf line to get through security, the longest wait I have seen there was about 5 people. Once through security you walk toward the check in area, and go to the left, and hit the first bank of check in agents. Once checked in you go back toward the big crowd of people, walk through the aisle where they take all the pictures and sit in the area with red seats. You sit down and people watch for a bit, then watch the weddings and priority/diamond folks board, then it's your turn.

Even with no tender ports on our next cruise, we have already bought it. It sure beats schlepping our stuff across the lido deck while hungry, and taking turns watching our belongings and getting food.

We don't consider it an extra cost, nor do we consider Cheers! an extra cost. We budget a certain amount for our vacation and those prices factor in when we make the decision to go. If I can pay for these two items, and it enhances the vacation or reduce the worry about money while on the ship, it's worth every penny.

We had it for our Breeze cruise - we had to wait to board because the disembark was delayed, I guess due to a heavy downpour. We still got on before most people and DH said the ease and speed of the disembark at the end was worth it all by itself. Didn't have need of guest services, but the regular line was really long every time we passed by. Unfortunately, it is sold out for our Thanksgiving cruise - we would buy again in a heartbeat

I purchased FTTF for Breeze cruise in August, while it was nice to board early, our cabin was not ready. We did alert the stateroom attendent and put out carryons in the closet and our ipads/tablets in the safe. We did not have any tender ports, but I did have to visit guest services a few times. If I ever cruise Carnival again, I would purchase it again.

We used it in February and found it two days ago for January. DH and I did a happy FTTF dance! :D

Pt canaveral we arrived about 10:30, DH took rental car back. Baggage guys found me and took the checked bags. When DH got back we sailed (hee hee) thru check in. We found ourselves in a waiting area with weddings, diamonds, platinums. Weddings went first, then the diamonds and plats, then the let us. We went directly to our room, past the sign telling us we could go in, and found our room perfect and ready for us. :):):):) dropped our bags and headed to the BAR! Went back at 12:15 and our checked bags were there. Unpacked and that was that.

We did use GS each during the cruise. I was first in the special :D line, and there were several in the regular line.

I really wanted it this time for tendering to half moon cay.

I just bought our first time. We booked our December cruise yesterday and checked right away. We have 6 cabins, so I bought all 6. We're going to Belize and Grand Cayman, so I wanted the tender priority more than anything. We live on the west coast, directly across from Miami, so it doesn't take us long to get to the port.

I used it and loved it. If for nothing more the fact I went straight to my room and within an hour my luggage was delivered. I know a person I meet on the cruise though was upset with the fact their luggage did not get expedited.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! I purchased it for my Thanksgiving cruise on the Pride. We wanted to purchase it for our cruise last April but it wasn't available. I want it so we can have access to our room and our luggage faster. Last time my luggage was really delayed and that put a little fright in me. Plus, for some reason we were at guest services on more than a few occasions so it would be nice to not have to wait.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Question, does having FTTF include having luggage brought to your room faster than if you didn't have it?

Yes, and I think some of the inconsistency on this matter is related to folks not making sure the porter puts the orange tag on the luggage. Just make sure he does that and everything shows up usually before sailaway, and ours was waiting for us before we got to our room.

Yes, and I think some of the inconsistency on this matter is related to folks not making sure the porter puts the orange tag on the luggage. Just make sure he does that and everything shows up usually before sailaway, and ours was waiting for us before we got to our room.

True, even though your luggage tags will have "F2F" and an icon, get it tagged by the porter (if that is pertinent to your port -- I seem to recall that some ports did not have the bright tags).

I bought it for the Glory last week and didn't find it to be very useful. We got to the terminal early enough that we would have been in Zone 1 anyway. And since boarding started late we weren't on board until like 12:30. We check in 3 pieces of luggage and only 2 came right away; the other 1 didn't come until the normal time. Since our flight wasn't until 1:30 we had no need to debark right away so I didn't really need zone 1 for debarking. And my cruise had no tender ports. So I do feel it was mostly a waste.

In Port Canaveral, we used one of the Parking facilities other than the port parking, and the facility did not start checking cars in and heading to the port until after a certain time, I want to say 11. We were on board before 12:00. I personally bought FTTF for the convenience of dropping carry on bags, cameras, and this year I will be adding a CPAP machine to the list of things I will be taking to the room. I did use and enjoyed the other perks included with the purchase such as priority tender (Belize), getting bags early and priority line for guest services. My main interest in FTTF is dropping off the bags early. That to me was worth the $50 alone.

Just keep in mind that most of the parking facilities don't start shuttling to the port until after a certain time and if you purchase the perk to board the ship early solely or mainly, you would have to make other arrangements to getting to the port early.

Seems all are happy with FTTF.

Our last Carnival cruise was just before FTTF began so appreciate this.

So, if I'm understanding correctly ... when we book a suite, FTTF is NOT included? :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

that, unfortunately, is the sad truth ...and I told the lady at CCL who called last night in response to my inquiry (the third person who's called!) that for what we paid for the suite, the LEAST CCL could do would include FTTF - you get priority boarding/debarkation, what are they going to lose by adding priority tender, use of the VIP guest line, and guaranteed dining time assignment for the suites .......

and of course, their response is "we only have so many availabilities..." Yes, your availabilities are based on NOT having the platinum/diamond passengers sailing on that particular cruise! It's a numbers game, and when they have their numbers straight, that's it.....

I WILL buy it in the future, but they can kiss my ever getting a suite again goodbye....

We used it a couple of weeks ago on our Dream cruise out of Canaveral and it was SOO worth it! We just about walked right on with no wait at all, dropping our carry-on bags off and having the room ready as soon as we boarded, going to guest services with just about no wait, were all a big plus to us. I have already purchased it for our Miami, Glory cruise in May!

I just have to figure out what time to get to the Port (Baltimore). I don't live too far so getting there shouldn't be too much of a problem. My thing is that I over pack so I really would like my luggage early. I know that they can still misplace a bag but hopefully that won't happen. My goal is to have no more than 3-4 bags for the four of us. I figure since the reviews are so positive that it can't hurt to give it a try.

Archived