electronic cigarette on FOS

I agree with you. I'm not sure having to go to the smoking areas on ship is right, but I totally understand why at this point. First, because using it elsewhere would be way too much for the staff to have to keep tabs on with people complaining, thinking it's really smoking. And, secondly, as some have mentioned, I guess there would be a few who would decide to use it in the dining room or other public places. I don't understand myself why people would do that, but I guess there might be some. Most people at this point have become accustomed to not smoking in theaters, restaurants and other inappropriate places since it's been that way for years. But, some might still think it's alright, who knows. Don't know what the answer is there. However, I would also think that most e-cig users would either use their balcony and/or cabin and just avoid the smoking area since they have given up smoking tobacco and don't like the smell, ashes of smoke and all that goes with it now themselves! Either that, or just go there anyway and deal with it. I don't know. Princess has a pretty good policy for e-cigs and both the 'smoking patrol' and e-cig users seem to have adjusted. Who knows, maybe in time it will work for RCCI. :)

Princess bans ecigs in theater and around any eating venue. That's fine. Those are the only places Princess limits ecigs as I understand it. It works fine for them. Why would that not work on RCI? Are the non-smokers travelling on RCI more intolerant or controlling than those on Princess? I can't imagine but maybe so. It just makes no sense to limit them to smoking areas especially when other lines have been through it and proven it's not necessary.

Princess bans ecigs in theater and around any eating venue. That's fine. Those are the only places Princess limits ecigs as I understand it. It works fine for them. Why would that not work on RCI? Are the non-smokers travelling on RCI more intolerant or controlling than those on Princess? I can't imagine but maybe so. It just makes no sense to limit them to smoking areas especially when other lines have been through it and proven it's not necessary.

I agree .... there is no place for them in eating venues or theaters. I really don't know if it's the 'travelers or RCCI' but there seems to be a lot of intolerance/control issues out there, LOL!!! I enjoyed your post ... thanx for a 'voice of reason'!! :)

Watched a "lady" with plenty of bling setting on edge of hot tub with feet in for hours...using those new E-cig...

Will using in MDR be next?

What was offensive? The bling? The feet in the water? That it was a lady? Or the E-cig? :confused:

I'm not saying that I want to see E-cigs in the MDR, but if they are odorless, non-harmful to others (at least until proven differently), and the vapor doesn't linger any longer than steam from a hot plate, what would be the reason to ban them? Trying to find the logic.

What was offensive? The bling? The feet in the water? That it was a lady? Or the E-cig? :confused:

I'm not saying that I want to see E-cigs in the MDR, but if they are odorless, non-harmful to others (at least until proven differently), and the vapor doesn't linger any longer than steam from a hot plate, what would be the reason to ban them? Trying to find the logic.

I agree, that's why I asked what the 'bling and lady' had to do with anything?! Confused too! I also don't think there is any place for e-cigs in food venues or theaters, etc. .... but other than that I don't see it either. But then what do I know??!! LOL!:rolleyes:

Good luck with that!:eek:

In all seriousness, I follow most rules especially if I see the reason for them. I don't smuggle booze onboard, I don't reserve chairs by the pool, I don't cut in line at the buffet, I don't drink to excess, I follow the dress code in the MDR and I don't pull tips. I see good, valid reasons for those rules.

I do vape in my cabin and also on the balcony. I will not vape in a smoking area and I wouldn't even think of vaping in the theater or the MDR. The vapor is odorless (for the most part unless I use vanilla). If someone came up with a VALID reason not to do those two things I would probably quit doing it.

I think E-cigs should be allowed only in your cabin, balcony and smoking areas but only ONLY the E CIGS in the cabins and balconys and only becouse of the no smell or fire or ashes.

OP, you didn't reply to my question in post # 13: is this for your upcoming Freedom cruise in December? If yes, then you absolutely may use an e-cig on your balcony and wherever else smoking is permitted. The new year is when the new rule comes into play.

OP, you didn't reply to my question in post # 13: is this for your upcoming Freedom cruise in December? If yes, then you absolutely may use an e-cig on your balcony and wherever else smoking is permitted. The new year is when the new rule comes into play.

Yes this is for my upcoming cruise and thank you for the reply

Good luck with that!:eek:

In all seriousness, I follow most rules especially if I see the reason for them. I don't smuggle booze onboard, I don't reserve chairs by the pool, I don't cut in line at the buffet, I don't drink to excess, I follow the dress code in the MDR and I don't pull tips. I see good, valid reasons for those rules.

I do vape in my cabin and also on the balcony. I will not vape in a smoking area and I wouldn't even think of vaping in the theater or the MDR. The vapor is odorless (for the most part unless I use vanilla). If someone came up with a VALID reason not to do those two things I would probably quit doing it.

You sound just like me! I agree with everything you've said except I don't use vanilla in my e-cig. It just seems reasonable to me to do what you've suggested.

I wonder how they're going to reconcile the new policy with the e-cigs that they're now selling onboard in the liquor store that are under the signage that promotes them as being able to be used "virtually anywhere";)

Archived