electronic cigarette on FOS

I am not wanting to walk around the ship with my e-cig as i am not proud of smoking but was wondering if I can bring it and if I will get in trouble if i use it on my balcony.I figure that no one can smell it and it is not hurting anyone else but mine does look like a cigarette.I agree that they should not be used in the non smoking places INSIDE THE SHIP but who would care if it was used on my balcony.If you know anything about this please let me know.Thank you.

I am not wanting to walk around the ship with my e-cig as i am not proud of smoking but was wondering if I can bring it and if I will get in trouble if i use it on my balcony.I figure that no one can smell it and it is not hurting anyone else but mine does look like a cigarette.I agree that they should not be used in the non smoking places INSIDE THE SHIP but who would care if it was used on my balcony.If you know anything about this please let me know.Thank you.

Royal applies the same rules to cigarettes and e-cigs. After Jan 1, no smoking on balconies.

I hate to say this but I was going to anyhow becouse you can't smell it.I can use it in the same room as my wife(Hates smoke and is a respiratory therapist for over 25 years)And can't smell it.People who have never been around one don't know.I could cover the end of it up and you would never know.I am not proud of smoking but vaping is so much better for the other people who don't smoke but I still agree on not allowing it inside.

I hate to say this but I was going to anyhow becouse you can't smell it.I can use it in the same room as my wife(Hates smoke and is a respiratory therapist for over 25 years)And can't smell it.People who have never been around one don't know.I could cover the end of it up and you would never know.I am not proud of smoking but vaping is so much better for the other people who don't smoke but I still agree on not allowing it inside.

I think a lot of us are going to do it. No one can tell unless they lean around the balcony partitions and then they'll have to explain why they are peeping at neighbors!

Princess has stricter smoking regulations than Norwegian or HAL, both of whom allow smoking on balconies, but they do allow the use of e-cigarettes on balconies. I think that's the next cruiseline I'll try. They have some itineraries I'd like to try.

I feel better since I started with an e-cigarette and I honestly don't see the problem with having inside use except for so many who just want to gripe about something.

Have a good cruise!

I think a lot of us are going to do it. No one can tell unless they lean around the balcony partitions and then they'll have to explain why they are peeping at neighbors!

Princess has stricter smoking regulations than Norwegian or HAL, both of whom allow smoking on balconies, but they do allow the use of e-cigarettes on balconies. I think that's the next cruiseline I'll try. They have some itineraries I'd like to try.

I feel better since I started with an e-cigarette and I honestly don't see the problem with having inside use except for so many who just want to gripe about something.

Have a good cruise!

Glad to hear the rules don't apply to you and you've determined that e-cigs are OK to use on your balcony when it is clearly stated you can't. It isn't a matter of "so many who just want to gripe about something", its a matter of that being the policy determined by RCI.

Geez.

Glad to hear the rules don't apply to you and you've determined that e-cigs are OK to use on your balcony when it is clearly stated you can't. It isn't a matter of "so many who just want to gripe about something", its a matter of that being the policy determined by RCI.

Geeze.

You don't think the rules apply to me? Really? I never got that idea. I said I think a lot of "us" meaning e-cig users are going to smoke on the balcony. I don't know if I will or not. It's no different than all of those people on many threads discussing how to smuggle booze on board against the rules. There are many rule breakers out there. You need to get busy if you're going to tell everyone they need to follow policy. I bet you have a stroke when someone enters the MDR on formal night without formal attire on, don't you?

BTW, my first post was to clarify what clarea had said since you muddied the waters. First, you referred to using an e-cigarette as smoking. There is no smoke involved. Second, you said the OP cannot "smoke" on his balcony. Wrong again. He can until Jan. 1, 2014.

e cigs are under the same ban as real ones. so no with the new policies going into effect you will not be allowed to smoke on your balcony.

THEY DO NOT CARE.

too many people will see you smoking, not be able to tell its a fake, complain and then the line is on the hook for upholding the ban.

you don't think the rules apply to me? Really? I never got that idea. I said i think a lot of "us" meaning e-cig users are going to smoke on the balcony. I don't know if i will or not. It's no different than all of those people on many threads discussing how to smuggle booze on board against the rules. There are many rule breakers out there. You need to get busy if you're going to tell everyone they need to follow policy. I bet you have a stroke when someone enters the mdr on formal night without formal attire on, don't you?

Btw, my first post was to clarify what clarea had said since you muddied the waters. First, you referred to using an e-cigarette as smoking. There is no smoke involved. Second, you said the op cannot "smoke" on his balcony. Wrong again. He can until jan. 1, 2014.

"like"

You don't think the rules apply to me? Really? I never got that idea. I said I think a lot of "us" meaning e-cig users are going to smoke on the balcony. I don't know if I will or not. It's no different than all of those people on many threads discussing how to smuggle booze on board against the rules. There are many rule breakers out there. You need to get busy if you're going to tell everyone they need to follow policy. I bet you have a stroke when someone enters the MDR on formal night without formal attire on, don't you?

BTW, my first post was to clarify what clarea had said since you muddied the waters. First, you referred to using an e-cigarette as smoking. There is no smoke involved. Second, you said the OP cannot "smoke" on his balcony. Wrong again. He can until Jan. 1, 2014.

You need to re-read my post. I said it could be used where smoking is allowed - true statement. No reference to it being "smoking".

By referencing clarea I was reinforcing the fact the RCI includes e-cigs with cigarettes without distinction in terms of the policies regarding smoking. Fair or unfair - just a statement of fact. Didn't feel the need to restate the date as he stated it. Nothing muddied there.

All I was doing with your original post was reinforcing that date for clarity to the OP - certainly nothing against you.

Sorry, but IMO your statement of "I think a lot of us are going to do it" sounds inclusive of you in that group. And whether or not you do or don't, the policy is in place defining that, so IMO those who don't abide by don't think the rules apply to them.

But it makes no difference to me whether or not anyone smuggles booze, wears jeans on formal night, or will smoke e-cigs on their balcony. Just answering the OP's question and referencing the policy.

You need to re-read my post. I said it could be used where smoking is allowed - true statement. No reference to it being "smoking".

By referencing clarea I was reinforcing the fact the RCI includes e-cigs with cigarettes without distinction in terms of the policies regarding smoking. Fair or unfair - just a statement of fact. Didn't feel the need to restate the date as he stated it. Nothing muddied there.

All I was doing with your original post was reinforcing that date for clarity to the OP - certainly nothing against you.

Sorry, but IMO your statement of "I think a lot of us are going to do it" sounds inclusive of you in that group. And whether or not you do or don't, the policy is in place defining that, so IMO those who don't abide by don't think the rules apply to them.

But it makes no difference to me whether or not anyone smuggles booze, wears jeans on formal night, or will smoke e-cigs on their balcony. Just answering the OP's question and referencing the policy.

Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it.

I think that you can do whatever you want, the question I think you need to ask yourself, is.......are you willing to pay the consequences......I don't know what the consequences are, but just ask yourself are you prepared to pay the consequences for your actions

I think that you can do whatever you want, the question I think you need to ask yourself, is.......are you willing to pay the consequences......I don't know what the consequences are, but just ask yourself are you prepared to pay the consequences for your actions

The consequence for smoking or vaping on your balcony is a $250 fine. I don't know how many times they would fine someone before they would kick them off of the ship but I assume at some point it could happen.

Royal's rules specify a $250 charge for smoking in the stateroom.

The poster made reference to clarea's post which did include the date. You're post if you go back and read it does imply you will be one of others whom will be basically doing as they **** well please.

Joining in on breaking any set rules b/c others do so does not make it ok! :(

The consequence for smoking or vaping on your balcony is a $250 fine. I don't know how many times they would fine someone before they would kick them off of the ship but I assume at some point it could happen.

If you were making the decision to boot a passenger off the boat b/c of an infraction don't you think you would simply give them the boot b/c you'd not want to find out what other infractions the passenger is capable of.

So, why are you asking, if you're going to do it anyhow? Will you get in trouble? Only if you get caught. You obviously use one, so you know what it's like. What do you think your chances are of being caught? :cool:

If you were making the decision to boot a passenger off the boat b/c of an infraction don't you think you would simply give them the boot b/c you'd not want to find out what other infractions the passenger is capable of.

So you think they'll just continue to fine someone. OK. I have no idea. As I said, I would think getting kicked off could happen but I wouldn't know at what point.

The poster made reference to clarea's post which did include the date. You're post if you go back and read it does imply you will be one of others whom will be basically doing as they **** well please.

Joining in on breaking any set rules b/c others do so does not make it ok! :(

I didn't say it was OK. I said I think many may do it, myself included. I'm 62 years old and, as much as I hate to admit this to you, I've done things in my life I shouldn't have done...some more than once!

I wouldn't smoke a cigarette on my balcony or pot but I might vape. You'd never know unless you peep around the divider. Do you make a habit of peeping at your neighbors?

There was a huge discussion on this a few weeks ago, or maybe longer ... no one is going to get anywhere. The anti-smokers are going to make an issue and the vaper users are going to continue to make sense as far as I can see it. I see some of the other 'rule enforcers on smoking' have already weighed in. I still say, if you're on your balcony no one is going to even know, unless someone is craning their neck around their balcony 'to check on you' and it's not going to bother anyone. I appreciate the confusion for the staff if you're using an e-cig that it would create a problem, so agree, don't do it. But 'private balcony' is just that .... you're 'private balcony' unless someone wants to 'invade your privacy' by snooping. What's next, peep holes in the cabins to see what you're doing and if it's appropriate???? Whole thing is ridiculous! Use common sense and I think all will be fine and let the ravers rave on ... and pass the popcorn!! Me, I'm going to bed! :)

There was a huge discussion on this a few weeks ago, or maybe longer ... no one is going to get anywhere. The anti-smokers are going to make an issue and the vaper users are going to continue to make sense as far as I can see it. I see some of the other 'rule enforcers on smoking' have already weighed in. I still say, if you're on your balcony no one is going to even know, unless someone is craning their neck around their balcony 'to check on you' and it's not going to bother anyone. I appreciate the confusion for the staff if you're using an e-cig that it would create a problem, so agree, don't do it. But 'private balcony' is just that .... you're 'private balcony' unless someone wants to 'invade your privacy' by snooping. What's next, peep holes in the cabins to see what you're doing and if it's appropriate???? Whole thing is ridiculous! Use common sense and I think all will be fine and let the ravers rave on ... and pass the popcorn!! Me, I'm going to bed! :)

All well and good, but this is not an anti-smoker issue - it's RCI's policy...and their balconies.

And the responses indicating that were to answer the OP's original question of whether he would get in trouble using an e-cig on his balcony. Nothing more.

Archived