Internet Cost vs Laptop

scotpom

Is there much difference in cost between using an Internet package on board to the cost of setting up a Wi-Fi package for a laptop. Have always bought an internet package in the past but have now been dragged screaming into the 21st century and will be on the Journey for 29 days next April.

Scotpom

There is no difference in charge at all, you buy the minutes packages and you can use them either on the ships computers or via the wifi on your own laptop.

If your laptop is in any way portable, you will undoubtedly find it is better to take your own laptop, my reasoning being the convenience to be on line where you want to be on line (room, balcony, Mosaic coffee bar, sundeck etc) and more importantly if you are clever, in port you can pick up free wifi in the terminals and of course should you stagger into the obligatory Starbucks etc ashore

The costs of the internet are not bad on azamara compared to Celebrity - remember each package is per cruise, with a 29 day trip (how wonderful) I think you have 2 or 3 cruises in that

15 minutes $9.95

30 minutes $18.95

45 minutes $26.95

85 minutes $47.95

150 minutes $79.95

235 minutes $99.95

Even if you have not cruised before with RCI family, after your first cruise, you will be eligible from cruise 2 onwards for 85 free minutes per person.

If you have cruised before on Azamara, RCI or Celebrity you may even be reaching the highest level of loyalty now or during your cruise which gives a nice 235 minutes free

If there are two of you on the booking both get any free minutes you are allowed so DH and I enjoy 470 minutes on my Ipad each cruise (two log ins, you cannot roll them together, but that is no problem, we run through his and then start using my log in)

Hope this helps

PS where are you located in NZ, my Ipad has got its airmiles on family trips to Wellington/Lewin twice in the last two years they are Scottish Kiwis. Next year I hope to take a new Ipad to meet them

There is no difference in charge at all, you buy the minutes packages and you can use them either on the ships computers or via the wifi on your own laptop.

If your laptop is in any way portable, you will undoubtedly find it is better to take your own laptop, my reasoning being the convenience to be on line where you want to be on line (room, balcony, Mosaic coffee bar, sundeck etc) and more importantly if you are clever, in port you can pick up free wifi in the terminals and of course should you stagger into the obligatory Starbucks etc ashore

The costs of the internet are not bad on azamara compared to Celebrity - remember each package is per cruise, with a 29 day trip (how wonderful) I think you have 2 or 3 cruises in that

15 minutes $9.95

30 minutes $18.95

45 minutes $26.95

85 minutes $47.95

150 minutes $79.95

235 minutes $99.95

Even if you have not cruised before with RCI family, after your first cruise, you will be eligible from cruise 2 onwards for 85 free minutes per person.

If you have cruised before on Azamara, RCI or Celebrity you may even be reaching the highest level of loyalty now or during your cruise which gives a nice 235 minutes free

If there are two of you on the booking both get any free minutes you are allowed so DH and I enjoy 470 minutes on my Ipad each cruise (two log ins, you cannot roll them together, but that is no problem, we run through his and then start using my log in)

Hope this helps

PS where are you located in NZ, my Ipad has got its airmiles on family trips to Wellington/Lewin twice in the last two years they are Scottish Kiwis. Next year I hope to take a new Ipad to meet them

We have previously cruised with RCI on the Legend of the Seas

How do we go about getting these Free Internet times???

Shintaro

If you have cruised on Royal Caribbean make sure your Crown and Anchor number is on your booking, that way your membership at Adventurer Level will be recorded and you will automatically have the various paperwork about how to get your minutes and other perks in your room when you arrive

15 minutes $9.95

30 minutes $18.95

45 minutes $26.95

85 minutes $47.95

150 minutes $79.95

235 minutes $99.95

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info.We are located in Timaru, a fishing port on the east coast of the South Island.We have had a few smaller cruise ships visit (Seabourn & HAL ) since the Christchurch earthquake. We came here from the UK 24 years ago and my wife is Scottish. Our cruise next year (BTB) is in April from Singapore to Athens.

Scotpom

Excellent suggestions and, if I may, I would add another.

Although it is convenient to use the iPad in your stateroom, depending on the strength of the signal and if you are frugal as I am, you may wish to find the strongest signal to speed up the whole process.

On ACC that seems to be public areas and especially the Internet Cafe area, or whatever it is called.

If I have done the necessary work offline, the stronger signal allows me to down and upload while saving some precious minutes.

Although now that we have progessed to a larger free package, perhaps I won't be so diliogent.

We have previously cruised with RCI on the Legend of the Seas

How do we go about getting these Free Internet times???

Shintaro

The minimum Crown and Anchor level to get the benefits is Platinum at which point you join Le Club voyage at Explorer level. This link to the terms and conditions is useful in setting out exactly what level you need to be to obtain Le Club Voyage benefits with Azamara.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/club-azamara/le-club-voyage/membership-benefits

On nordski's point I found the in-cabin wifi signal better by the cabin door than on the balcony. The wifi transmitters are in the hallway on the wall and depending upon how close your cabin is to one does seem to make a difference. Isn't technology great? LOL

Phil

Another advantage of bringing your laptop / Ipad is that all your settings will be immediately available including your favourites / bookmarks, so saving valuable online time.

Good point, could not survive without these!

Archived