Having 2nd thoughts on Hilton Rose....UGH!

bpphoto

Hello All,

I am having 2nd thoughts on booking Hilton Rose due to the higher cost factor....:( I have a family group that is looking for a possible A.I. beach type resort like Hilton Rose but at $94.00 a pop not all are real thrilled paying that price for 4 to 6 hrs at a resort.....Hmmm!:eek:

Can someone recomend another similar resort w/o the high cost???:confused:

I know you get what you pay for but we are trying to stretch funds as far as possible.

Thank You,

BPPhoto:D

Can't recommend a better place, but we were in the same situation as you this past summer and decided to go with the Hilton Rose Hall due to limited choices and a previous bad experience in Falmouth due to not pre-booking an excursion. After seeing the area on the way to Hilton Rose Hall and having a great experience at the Hilton Rose Hall, we were very happy we went with the expensive choice!! :)

Edited by funfamilyof6

I'm heading to Montego Bay in a few weeks as well and I also found Sunset Beach which is a very close to the cruise terminal in MB. Its much cheaper and looks OK to me albeit not nearly as nice looking as Rose Hall. Might be worth looking into but may also depend on what port you are docking at as I believe RCL docks in Falmouth not Montego?

http://www.resortforaday.com/product-p/mbjasb.htm

Edited by pliskin

Looking around on the excursion page, it seems a lot of offered outings are very expensive, we will be paying to do the zip line by itself next year.

I wish there was a nice close beach break-a-way we could find though. But, no such luck.

Sea Ya

Last year Royal offered a Chukka Beach Tour and the beach was very nice. They offered it with our without lunch. We did the one without lunch.....think it was either $20 or $24 dollars and included our transportation and lounge chairs. We really enjoyed the day there......beach was nice, no venders bothering you and you could buy food/drinks/beer if you wanted to.

This year, it's not on the excursion list anymore and they seem to have replaced it with Red Stripe Beach but for the cost you don't even get chairs!!!! I don't want to spend almost $50 for the 2 of us to take a 10 minute ride to a beach and then have to pay for chair rentals on top of that!! The description of the tour says it's 10 minutes from the port........I do not think that ride is worth $50.........LOL

I agree with the poster above.........the tours for Jamaica are very expensive and IMHO, not worth it........LOL

We are planning on booking Rose Hall too, but I swear their prices have just went up??? :confused: Also, I don't see any mention of their transportation now. Did it disappear or am I missing it?

We had considered Sunset ourselves, since it is so close to the port, but Rose Hall just looks fabulous compared to Sunset. We did Sunset Grande in Ocho Rios last year (and loved it), but this other Sunset kinda reminds me of it and I'm just afraid we will feel like "we've already done that before".

I'm in the same dilemma.

We are planning on booking Rose Hall too, but I swear their prices have just went up??? :confused: Also, I don't see any mention of their transportation now. Did it disappear or am I missing it?

We had considered Sunset ourselves, since it is so close to the port, but Rose Hall just looks fabulous compared to Sunset. We did Sunset Grande in Ocho Rios last year (and loved it), but this other Sunset kinda reminds me of it and I'm just afraid we will feel like "we've already done that before".

I'm in the same dilemma.

I found a site called resort for a day that offers Rose Hill with transfers for far less. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Jamaica for a day site, that used to offer this disappeared, I am guessing because RCL has a non compete situation.

I'm wondering if it's worth the money because it seems to be only for 4 hours on the RCL site. If that includes travel time, we are down to 3 hours.

I found a site called resort for a day that offers Rose Hill with transfers for far less. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Jamaica for a day site, that used to offer this disappeared, I am guessing because RCL has a non compete situation.

I'm wondering if it's worth the money because it seems to be only for 4 hours on the RCL site. If that includes travel time, we are down to 3 hours.

Resort for a Day is the same company as Jamaica for a Day. ;)

I just tried to book Hilton Rose Hall thru Resortsforaday. The excursion came up as "not available" for the date I needed. (12/25) My guess is that RCCL has now put a kabash on that site selling non-cruise ship excursions on the day an RCCL ship is in port. No way I am spending $139 pp for an excursion I could have gotten for $94 pp. Will now look for an alternative....

I just tried to book Hilton Rose Hall thru Resortsforaday. The excursion came up as "not available" for the date I needed. (12/25) My guess is that RCCL has now put a kabash on that site selling non-cruise ship excursions on the day an RCCL ship is in port. No way I am spending $139 pp for an excursion I could have gotten for $94 pp. Will now look for an alternative....

Got an email yesterday from Resort for a Day. Rose Hall is still available through them for $94 pp on my cruise the week before. Maybe Christmas is a blackout for them? I would call Resorts for a Day directly.

BTW, Jamaica for a Day site forwards now to Resorts for a Day. The original site of Jamaica for a Day with the tons of info is gone.

I can't find any information on transportation to and from here. Is it included in the price? On the previous website, it ask if you wanted them to provide transportation and you could add it to the check out, but nothing like that is on here that I can find. :confused:

I can't find any information on transportation to and from here. Is it included in the price? On the previous website, it ask if you wanted them to provide transportation and you could add it to the check out, but nothing like that is on here that I can find. :confused:

Transfers are included. Click on the "What's included tab". Per my email from them, they leave exactly 45 minutes after ship docks and returns 2 hours before departure.

I hope to book it today. Had an issue with the website so I need to call.

Transfers are included. Click on the "What's included tab". Per my email from them, they leave exactly 45 minutes after ship docks and returns 2 hours before departure.

Thanks so much. I didn't realize there was a tab. I'll go check it out. :)

They leave 2 hours before the ship departs?? Wow.........our ship leaves at 4 pm so not going to pay all that if we have to leave the resort by 2 pm!!! That's crazy!! I didn't think it was that far from the port of Falmouth.

They leave 2 hours before the ship departs?? Wow.........our ship leaves at 4 pm so not going to pay all that if we have to leave the resort by 2 pm!!! That's crazy!! I didn't think it was that far from the port of Falmouth.

We are in port from 8-4pm as well.

So, if they leave for the resort 45 minutes after we depart (or lets say 8:45am) then we would arrive a little after 9am.

Departing at 2pm. This would give us "around" 5 hours. Not much time. But I really want to experience this place.

But, you also have to look at, if your ship leaves at 4pm, all aboard is usually an hour ahead of time. Then from what I understand it's about 20-30 minutes away (from Montego Bay for us), which gives us 1/2 hour to walk around the shops and back to the ship. So I'm guessing this is a pretty good time to leave to begin with to be safe.

I'm still trying to decide myself. My only other option would be to go to Sunset, which is right at the port and about $30 pp cheaper. :cool:

We are in port from 8-4pm as well.

So, if they leave for the resort 45 minutes after we depart (or lets say 8:45am) then we would arrive a little after 9am.

Departing at 2pm. This would give us "around" 5 hours. Not much time. But I really want to experience this place.

But, you also have to look at, if your ship leaves at 4pm, all aboard is usually an hour ahead of time. Then from what I understand it's about 20-30 minutes away (from Montego Bay for us), which gives us 1/2 hour to walk around the shops and back to the ship. So I'm guessing this is a pretty good time to leave to begin with to be safe.

I'm still trying to decide myself. My only other option would be to go to Sunset, which is right at the port and about $30 pp cheaper. :cool:

Are you porting in Ochos Rios??? or Falmouth??

Are you porting in Ochos Rios??? or Falmouth??

Neither. ;) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, definitely having an issue with booking Rose Hall now.

Has anyone went to the site lately? Their prices have WENT UP for Rose Hall!!!! :mad: It's now $114 for each adult and $74 for a child. :eek: Are you serious? For the little amount of time we get to spend there, I'm not sure it's worth it for us (a family of 3=$302).

Yea, I'm double thinking this and may just book Sunset instead. :(

Got an email yesterday from Resort for a Day. Rose Hall is still available through them for $94 pp on my cruise the week before. Maybe Christmas is a blackout for them? I would call Resorts for a Day directly.

BTW, Jamaica for a Day site forwards now to Resorts for a Day. The original site of Jamaica for a Day with the tons of info is gone.

I did call Resorts for a Day directly. They told me RCCL booked this date at the Hilton Rose Hall exclusively for thir passengers. As I do not want to spend $139 x 4 for a short stay (we port at 10:30 and the excursion thru ship doesn't leave till 1:30) we are going river-tubing instead.

Just returned. Booked direct with JFAD long time ago at $90pp.

The resort, food, drinks, service was all very worth it IMO. However if to do again we would take taxi instead of transfer. Did not get to spend as much time as would have liked. Our ship stayed longer ( last minute announcement from Captain ). But the tour would not adjust.

At $139pp it would need to be a FULL day and lots of drinks to make it worthwhile i think.

Just returned. Booked direct with JFAD long time ago at $90pp.

The resort, food, drinks, service was all very worth it IMO. However if to do again we would take taxi instead of transfer. Did not get to spend as much time as would have liked. Our ship stayed longer ( last minute announcement from Captain ). But the tour would not adjust.

At $139pp it would need to be a FULL day and lots of drinks to make it worthwhile i think.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your day and felt it was worth it for the $90. I hope we have a good experience too.

Thanks for coming back and sharing your thoughts.