Vantage & Getaway fares scrapped

clivep

Oh heck... whilst I am delighted that something has been done, I am confused.

Does the new structure apply to bookings after Spring 2014 - or cruises after Spring 2014?

I have an early booking for a cruise in June 2014.

I have checked with P&O and been assured that my Early booking for June 2014 and all it entailed will be honoured when the new price structure and conditions come in. We are to be sent an email next week.

Edited by Scriv

Would I be correct in assuming that what has actually changed is more commission for travel agents so that they go back to selling Carnival products.

To get them back on board probably means offering a commission that is greater than when thier commission was reduced at the launch of Vantage.

And that commission is paid for by.......answers please......

Reading the link on Cruise Critic I am confused - does this mean that Getaway fares for Feb/March 2014 will not be available after Nov 4th which is only next week. Does this mean if I want a Getaway for next March that I have to book it before Nov 4th.

If you wanted a balcony cabin then it looks like you're out of luck already...

As of last night, there are no Getaway balcony cabin prices being advertised on the P&O site for ANY cruises.

Edit: If you try making a booking then the balcony prices do come up.

Edited by clivep

Help!!!! Its taken quite a few years for me to convince Mrs Len for us to go on a P&O cruise rather than Thomson. Having done so on 24th October 2013 & with the Vantage Fare benefits being a 'plus point' I think I may be in trouble with Mrs Len.

Obviously full implications of the changes are not yet apparent but I'm not holding my breath. I'm having a bet with myself as to how long it is before Mrs Len mentions 'burial at sea' once she learns of the change.

Len

If you wanted a balcony cabin then it looks like you're out of luck already...

As of last night, there are no Getaway balcony cabin prices being advertised on the P&O site for ANY cruises.

Edit: If you try making a booking then the balcony prices do come up.

That really is a half-baked piece of website and booking management. It could just be that they intend to do away with or increase balcony Getaway fares while they last. If I were looking for a balcony fare in the next couple of months, I'd book now rather than later!

Stuart

Whilst Im glad the silly 'Price Promise' Vantage Fares are going, Im still a little confused or am I missing something. There will be Early Saver fares to encourage early booking and Premium Select Fares with an extra such as OBC or parking. Does this mean the Select fares will be variable and reduce to fill cabins or will a late availability fare by another name than Getaway appear?

Whilst Im pretty late to the P&O party, isnt this effectively what existed before the Vantage Fare nonsense was introduced? The brochure had early booking discounts, then there was a single fare which fluctuated according to demand and if you booked at a good price nearer the departure date you got a guarantee cabin rather than an allocated one.

Also, does anyone think using the term Premium to describe a fare could suggest to some that its at a Premium price rather than offering a Premium package which is clearly their intention? If that fare is a Premium fare, then surely there must be a non Premium fare coming along by another name? My head hurts now.........

Well that's left me confused anyway as I've got a Vantage fair booked for May 2014. Wonder if the 'Price Promise' will apply against the new fares.

Though this Vantage lark was a bit of a con anyway, there was no option for me to pick a specific room only a category of room.

Edited by Francisdrake

Oh no, I have 2 Vantage fare cruises for next year. A mini for Easter and summer cruise in July. Now Vantage will be more of a farce than last years was as there will be no vantage price to compare with. Although there were no reductions this year anyway:confused:

I have been told once the new prices are announced tomorrow, we should get an email ... and also have been told that all our early Vantage Bookings will be honoured.

How what we have paid will measure up to the new prices will no doubt be revealed tomorrow!

Does this mean I won't have to listen to how people got a deluxe balcony for less than my inside because they booked 10 days before we left, and how they were removing tips as they wanted a cheap holiday :mad:

and taking their hip flasks filled with duty free into the bars :(

Edited by cruisebore

and taking their hip flasks filled with duty free into the bars :(

I've just got a good deal on a balcony on Oceana in December, but I would never dream of removing the tips (in fact I would always tip more) and I would never take a hip flask - in fact they will make quite a bit from me in bar bill, shopping and the couple of trips I have already booked

I've just got a good deal on a balcony on Oceana in December, but I would never dream of removing the tips (in fact I would always tip more) and I would never take a hip flask - in fact they will make quite a bit from me in bar bill, shopping and the couple of trips I have already booked

Nothing wrong with getting a good deal, enjoy

Some people I am afraid turn a bargain cruise into something similar to an all inclusive Benidorm sun token holiday, and turn Brodie's into a working men club, nothing wrong with either, but not what I expect on a cruise

And yes I probably am a cruise snob, sorry but I these people don't know how to dress accordingly either, string vests at breakfast, no thank you

And to top it off they would tell anyone who would listen how to go to reception and fill in a form to remove tips, to pay for a few more beers in Brodie's no doubt before they sang yet another awful karaoke out of tune

String vests at breakfast???????????/ Now you go too far!!

I could not believe my eyes, I am not joking, I didn't even

know they still made them or maybe it was a vest with holes

It certainly was not appropriate for any restaurant, we did see people turned away rom the buffet in the evening wearing shorts though

Edited by rubydoobydoo

Nothing wrong with getting a good deal, enjoy

Some people I am afraid turn a bargain cruise into something similar to an all inclusive Benidorm sun token holiday, and turn Brodie's into a working men club, nothing wrong with either, but not what I expect on a cruise

And yes I probably am a cruise snob, sorry but I these people don't know how to dress accordingly either, string vests at breakfast, no thank you

And to top it off they would tell anyone who would listen how to go to reception and fill in a form to remove tips, to pay for a few more beers in Brodie's no doubt before they sang yet another awful karaoke out of tune

Rubydoobydoo

How do know me ;)

Hi all booked my Cruise last October thought the Vantage fare was a good idea. But l was so wrong just l paid £2000 each total of £4000 was happy in Paying that for my cruise , thinking if it goes down that l would get an upgrade or on board credit.

we are going in 4 days time Nov 8th on the ventura really looking forward to it .

l was on the P&O site and though l would see if the Price has changed and yes it did to £999 each l thought OMG l should have waited until know l would of save £2000 . I rang P&O and they said they have to sell the rooms that why the price has gone down so much as well as that they said you have on board credit which is £70 each. With that l said is not £2000 which l would have saved if l booked now also l said l could have paid £299 more and got a suite which l would have been happy with or got some more on board credit l Fill really let down by P&O. They Do not care about you once you have paid all they want is your money l would like to know if anyone esle has had the same problem as me and if so can anyone tell be how they got on and if P&O gave any think back.:mad::(