Declined upgrade, smart choice?

New2Cruisin!

I am sailing in 9 days on Crown, I purposely picked a cabin on Aloha aft (we married on the Star last year and we were on Aloha aft and I wasn't sick at all so I figured I would do it again. Today I got an email regarding an upgrade (yay, so I thought), they have moved me to Emerald deck, mid forward obstructed OV. I called and asked them to please switch me back as I am prone to horrible seasickness and am afraid mid-forward would not be good for me.

Did I make a smart choice or is the Emerald deck better?

TIA!

I get sick on winding roads so I was horribly afraid of cruising. I got the patch from my doctor. It's a little round bandaid looking thing that goes behind your ear. Our first night out on our first cruise we hit really rough seas. The room was tossing and bobbing around. The next morning people were literally staggering all over the ship. I didn't get sick at all.

You may want to ask your doctor to prescribe patches. I'm a true believer in them and will never sail without them. I've only cruised twice so far - a 10-day to Alaska and a 15-day to Hawaii - both out of SF. I never had the slightest twinge of seasickness.

Edit: The patches I use are called Transderm Scop

I've used the patches for decades except when the U.S. banned them--Glad they're are back.

As far as the best place to help sea sickness is as center on the ship as you can get and as low as you can get--Notice where the hospital/Doctor is. There you go--easy as that.

I love the aft--good with the patch--although I do have a reaction from them after I take it off and am off the ship--still worth using.

Nancy:D:D

Archived