Wondering If.....

We booked a cruise last April 2013. We recently had a $225 C & A savings certificate applied to our cruise which was wonderful!!!!

I decided to check to see if there might be a "state/resident" discount. Our state does have a $94 discount.

Does anyone know if the C&A Certificate and the state discount can be combined??

Thanks!!

PS I also posted this question on the Grandeur roll call thread:):)

We booked a cruise last April 2013. We recently had a $225 C & A savings certificate applied to our cruise which was wonderful!!!!

I decided to check to see if there might be a "state/resident" discount. Our state does have a $94 discount.

Does anyone know if the C&A Certificate and the state discount can be combined??

Thanks!!

Usually. The resident/police/senior price is a rate and the coupon is a discount. Best of luck.

Thanks!!

I did it on my upcoming trip on Grandeur. I was able to get the C&A Certificate, NCC, another RC credit, and the resident discount. If you booked direct, just call Royal Caribbean and tell them everything you have. They advised me how to maximize my benefits and applied them to my reservation while on the phone (took a few days to show up one the online reservation screens).

Thank you everyone for your responses. We booked through a TA - I will ask him AGAIN if we can combine the C&A certificate to the Resident Rate................

I will let you know.............I feel a bit more encouraged now:)

You are posting this as though s/he turned you down once. You didn't mention that. If the answer is "no", then ask for a 3-way call: You, your TA and RC.

(it may be time for a new TA or just book directly with RC)

You are posting this as though s/he turned you down once. You didn't mention that. If the answer is "no", then ask for a 3-way call: You, your TA and RC.

(it may be time for a new TA or just book directly with RC)

You are right.......I did question my TA about this last week. He said no which kind of surprised me. I do trust my TA and have used him for years, but was taken back by his answer. I thought the C&A certificate had nothing to do with other savings (resident, senior, etc) but I took him at his word. However, the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to post the question on CC.......I'm glad I did. I will let you know what the outcome is. Good idea to ask for a 3-way call. I appreciate your advice!:)

Sorry your TA is not correct...I have had the Sr and or Residency discounts applied many time when using a C&A Certificate or Balcony Discount...request a 3 way call for sure!

When was the last time you combined discounts and the C&A certificate? My TA said they have a new (not sure how new) price booking system and they now only allow 1 coupon per sailing........ he said he will call Royal tomorrow..........

Will keep you all posted..........

Please keep your responses coming!! Thanks!

When was the last time you combined discounts and the C&A certificate? My TA said they have a new (not sure how new) price booking system and they now only allow 1 coupon per sailing........ he said he will call Royal tomorrow..........

Will keep you all posted..........

Please keep your responses coming!! Thanks!

Discounted rates (senior, residency, military, etc.) have nothing to do with C&A coupons, shareholder benefits etc. You are eligible for which ever rate you qualify for plus one of the available perk discounts. You can have your State residency rate and use the C&A coupon.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Thank you all for your responses!!! It sounds like we should be able to combine the C&A certificate and the resident rate!!!! Will let you all know as soon as I get an answer.............:)

Does anyone know WHEN they started this new booking system that my TA said Royal implemented?

Fingers are crossed;);)

Thank you all for your responses!!! It sounds like we should be able to combine the C&A certificate and the resident rate!!!! Will let you all know as soon as I get an answer.............:)

Does anyone know WHEN they started this new booking system that my TA said Royal implemented?

Fingers are crossed;);)

A week ago Friday (10/25/13), they did a booking system "upgrade"....supposedly. :rolleyes:

Had a travel agent check today for me. I have a September booking - 3 cabins booked. Had already applied a savings certificate for $75 for my cabin only. Agent came back and said that the residency rate could not be combined with the savings certificate. Still a good deal -- saved $188 per cabin. Katherine

Had a travel agent check today for me. I have a September booking - 3 cabins booked. Had already applied a savings certificate for $75 for my cabin only. Agent came back and said that the residency rate could not be combined with the savings certificate. Still a good deal -- saved $188 per cabin. Katherine

Thank you for your response. It's looking as though we won't be able to combine C&A certificate with resident discount............would be nice to be able to but I am very happy for our C&A certificate!! :):)

So Glad that you saved $188 per cabin........that's a great deal!!!

Edited by GRANNYOFSIX

Nothing in the terms & conditions seems to ban the combo. Of course, they have what I call "weasel words" in there, to the effect of : We can do whatever we want.

Terms and Conditions: Savings are in U.S. dollars, are not redeemable for cash and not transferable. When reserving, applicable option code and loyalty number must be referenced. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. Discount offer will not be replaced if certificate is lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed. The offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares. This certificate cannot be combined with another certificate on the same reservation. Savings Certificates cannot be combined with MyCruiseSM Rewards Companion Fare and Free Cruise Fare. Applies to all categories, unless otherwise noted. Offer is not combinable with any other promotion or offer unless expressly stated therein. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review. Discount applies on a per-stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sailing date and space is subject to availability at time of reservation. When reserving through a travel agency, the certificate must be presented to the travel agent at time of reservation. Certificate must be submitted to Royal Caribbean PRIOR TO FINAL PAYMENT or before 31-December-2013, whichever is earlier. To redeem the certificate, fax to (866) 222-5150 (if you are in the US or Canada) or +1(954) 628-9621 (if you are outside the US or Canada), or mail to Royal Caribbean, 1050 Caribbean Way, Certificate Redemption, 5th Floor, Miami, FL 33132. To apply your Crown & Anchor Savings Certificate while reserving your cruise directly on http://www.royalcaribbean.com, go through the reservation process and once on the Billing and Documentation Information page, enter the required information under the Coupon Information section. Please note: We reserve the right to inspect and examine any original coupon for verification. We reserve the right to disallow any credit for inappropriately duplicative submissions and those submissions that are inconsistent with the terms and conditions of the coupon.

Hmmmmm............maybe that's why my TA couldn't get the combining approved?????

Will keep you posted............

Yes, keep us posted.

Please stop using so many dots, !, and ? You know there is a daily limit, right? And, you have used ALL of them for yesterday and today :eek:

###

Thank you everyone for your responses. We booked through a TA - I will ask him AGAIN if we can combine the C&A certificate to the Resident Rate................

I will let you know.............I feel a bit more encouraged now:)

You cannot combine a C & A certificate discount with a C & A balcony discount based on your tier level - its one or the other

You CAN combine a C & a Certificate with a resident rate

If your Ta cannot get it to price with the new system on line - have him call reservations - it can be done

You cannot combine a C & A certificate discount with a C & A balcony discount based on your tier level - its one or the other

You CAN combine a C & a Certificate with a resident rate

If your Ta cannot get it to price with the new system on line - have him call reservations - it can be done

Please read the thread.

Please read the thread.

hi Mom - I did - what did I miss - OP booked with a Saving Certificate and wants to now apply a resident rate.

Maybe I wasn't clear - you can combine both of those.

What you cannot combine is a Saving Certificate and a C & A balcony discount - example - Saving Certificate is $225 off - Diamond Balcony discount if booked more than 6 months in advance is $225 off - you can't use both - you have to pick 1.

Nothing in the terms & conditions seems to ban the combo. Of course, they have what I call "weasel words" in there, to the effect of : We can do whatever we want.

Terms and Conditions: Savings are in U.S. dollars, are not redeemable for cash and not transferable. When reserving, applicable option code and loyalty number must be referenced. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. Discount offer will not be replaced if certificate is lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed. The offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares. This certificate cannot be combined with another certificate on the same reservation. Savings Certificates cannot be combined with MyCruiseSM Rewards Companion Fare and Free Cruise Fare. Applies to all categories, unless otherwise noted. Offer is not combinable with any other promotion or offer unless expressly stated therein. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review. Discount applies on a per-stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sailing date and space is subject to availability at time of reservation. When reserving through a travel agency, the certificate must be presented to the travel agent at time of reservation. Certificate must be submitted to Royal Caribbean PRIOR TO FINAL PAYMENT or before 31-December-2013, whichever is earlier. To redeem the certificate, fax to (866) 222-5150 (if you are in the US or Canada) or +1(954) 628-9621 (if you are outside the US or Canada), or mail to Royal Caribbean, 1050 Caribbean Way, Certificate Redemption, 5th Floor, Miami, FL 33132. To apply your Crown & Anchor Savings Certificate while reserving your cruise directly on www.royalcaribbean.com, go through the reservation process and once on the Billing and Documentation Information page, enter the required information under the Coupon Information section. Please note: We reserve the right to inspect and examine any original coupon for verification. We reserve the right to disallow any credit for inappropriately duplicative submissions and those submissions that are inconsistent with the terms and conditions of the coupon.

Thank you for researching this. I haven't heard from my TA yet. Maybe the combining can take place according to the above terms. However, like you said, Royal makes the final decision! Have a good day!