Just booked

LOVECRUISING100%

I'm a little nervous, I've cruises with CCL & NCL and those have all gone really smoothly,

1) booked the cruise

2) fill out all the check in stuff on line

3) print boarding pass and luggage tags

Then show up to the cruise line and have a awesome time... Just Wondering if anything different that Princess Does that's different???

Thanks in advance & Happy Cruising !!

We love Princess! Princess normally does not do the towel animals unless you request it. I find that the cabins are better on Princess than on NCL and CCL. We always seem to have plenty of storage there.

You will have a great time!

We love Princess! Princess normally does not do the towel animals unless you request it. I find that the cabins are better on Princess than on NCL and CCL. We always seem to have plenty of storage there.

You will have a great time!

No way better than CCL.

Having once had a job where I got tipped, I can assure you that, from the recipient's point of view, there is nothing at all boring about being handed a gratuity, no matter how the act is accomplished.

Other difference you'll notice right away on Princess: you can go to your cabin immediately upon boarding. They do not begin boarding until cabins are ready, so head straight there, dump your carry-on, and start Escaping Completely!

I'm a little nervous, I've cruises with CCL & NCL and those have all gone really smoothly,

1) booked the cruise

Then show up to the cruise line and have a awesome time... Just Wondering if anything different that Princess Does that's different???

Yes, that is also the Princess way.

Other things to do.

a) If you want Princess shore excursions, book them on the internet in advance. Princess will not charge you for them until the tours are taken. If you change your mind, you can cancel any reservation you made pre-cruise online up until about 5 days before the cruise and onboard up to about 48 hours before the tour.

b) Join the Cruise Critic roll call for your cruise. Helps you have an even more awesome time.

c) Go to the Princess web site and download the "Cruise Answer Book." It will tell you many things about the Princess cruise experience.

Edited by caribill

In terms of tipping the cabin steward- I liked the idea of leaving tip inside the towel animals-Since that is not an option. I read on a post that someone gives a small gift to the steward from their home state-like a signature of where they are from-like salt water taffy if from NJ shore-you can think about doing that an adding a tip to the gift.

In terms of difference between the cruise lines. I have always found that princess has lots of evening entertainment-too much that you cant do it all. You have to choose. I like having that dilemma. On other cruise lines sometimes I have found only 1-2 evening events and was bored. Unlike others I like MUTS at least once or twice during the cruise-It is like going to the drive in(brings back memories)

1) booked the cruise

Thanks in advance & Happy Cruising !![/quote

Go to the Cruise Personalizer. Important to complete all the immigration information and enter your credit card no., then you can print your boarding pass and luggage tags. In the cruise personalizer you can also view your booking summary, change your bed from twin to queen or visa versa, request traditional or anytime dining, make tour reservations (Princess does not charge for tour reservations until you board and they can be cancelled up to the stated cancellation time), make spa reservations, make air reservations. Princess does not do any pre reservations of surcharge dining. This is done on board in person or via the dine line.

Boarding. If you are boarding in Ft. Lauderdale or San Pedro arrive at the pier around 10:30/11:00. You will be checked in and sent to a wait area. Boarding normally starts around noon with priority boarders then general boarding. Once boarded go directly to your cabin, no cabin call, no lugging around your carry ons. One MDR should be open from noon until 1:30. Depending on the ship there will also be free dining available all day, including venues like the International Cafe, Grill, Pizza, Horizon Ct. Buffet. Princess musters in the indoor lounges on deck 7. Carry don't wear your life jacket to the drill. Arrive 5 to 10 mins. early to get a seat. You will be instructed to put your life jacket on at the drill. Princess normally passes out a card on boarding that has all the "pay" venues around the ship. If you want to you can walk around the ship and visit these venue. Each location will stamp your card. Once the card is filled hand it in at the sail away party where they draw for prizes, some good, some not so good.

In terms of tipping the cabin steward- I liked the idea of leaving tip inside the towel animals-Since that is not an option. I read on a post that someone gives a small gift to the steward from their home state-like a signature of where they are from-like salt water taffy if from NJ shore-you can think about doing that an adding a tip to the gift.

In terms of difference between the cruise lines. I have always found that princess has lots of evening entertainment-too much that you cant do it all. You have to choose. I like having that dilemma. On other cruise lines sometimes I have found only 1-2 evening events and was bored. Unlike others I like MUTS at least once or twice during the cruise-It is like going to the drive in(brings back memories)

RE: Tipping , the stewards might like a little snack such as taffy, but what they really want for tips is pictures of famous Americans such as Jackson, Grant or Franklin - to send back home to their families. I like to give our steward 2 Andrew Jackson portraits when we first meet him. Mike in CT