New Booze Packege come soon...

mpoole3

So I see a lot of talk about the house wine in the current booze package.

I know the FAQ says house wine..but we called and spoke to the customer service number, and she told us that it actually covers any wine that they sell by the glass, not just one house wine. She even specifically stated that the FAQ was wrong, and how she really wished they'd correct it.

From what I'm reading here it sounds like folks who have bought it before are saying just the one house wine?

Anyone want to confirm based on personal experience?

I'll confirm it. Last June on Liberty anyway.

This is just about the oldest information there is, bradsnana. This has always been a requirement, since the packages in their current form came into existence. All adults in a cabin must buy the package. RC had a very bad experience when they first tried the packages, with cheating, so they made this a requirement.

And this is the proverbial bad apples spoiling the bunch. The one thing I really loved on Celebrity was my dh could get the alcohol package, but I could get the non-alcohol package.

And this is the proverbial bad apples spoiling the bunch. The one thing I really loved on Celebrity was my dh could get the alcohol package, but I could get the non-alcohol package.

Many people have noted on the board that they were able to purchase just one package, even with other "of-age" drinkers in the room. It apparently depends with whom you speak. One might consider attempting to purchase from one of the bartenders and "shopping" the business.

Many people have noted on the board that they were able to purchase just one package, even with other "of-age" drinkers in the room. It apparently depends with whom you speak. One might consider attempting to purchase from one of the bartenders and "shopping" the business.

On my cruise last week a woman went to the bar and requested one coke package and one alcohol package. The bartender stated that they both must purchase the alcohol package. The guest then told the bartender she was a recovering alcoholic and didn't drink. They both shared one alcohol package all week.

On my cruise last week a woman went to the bar and requested one coke package and one alcohol package. The bartender stated that they both must purchase the alcohol package. The guest then told the bartender she was a recovering alcoholic and didn't drink. They both shared one alcohol package all week.

Although I don't condone the package sharing, I hope that they will not let the occasional cheater destroy their flexibility regarding the "both must purchase" rule.

So I see a lot of talk about the house wine in the current booze package.

I know the FAQ says house wine..but we called and spoke to the customer service number, and she told us that it actually covers any wine that they sell by the glass, not just one house wine. She even specifically stated that the FAQ was wrong, and how she really wished they'd correct it.

From what I'm reading here it sounds like folks who have bought it before are saying just the one house wine?

Anyone want to confirm based on personal experience?

When we sailed the Indy, we could get any wine. This was 2011, and it was a European itinerary, so I don't know if its possibly changed but I was able to pick any by the glass wine.

When we were on the Allure a month ago, I explained to staff that my wife doesn't drink hard liquor and will be sharing a wine package with a friend. He sold me a single premium alcohol package without any hesitation.

I think there is definitely some leeway when you get in board compared to the posted rules on the website.

Can't wait for this new package! 8 months till my next cruise!

Edited by csnarpy

Did you by any chance find out if it's going to be a separate package or if it will just replace the $55 current package? I've already purchased a package for a sailing in February. Just wondering if it's going to impact on that at all. Thanks for using your Windjammer time to update us!

I have the same question. Anyone know the answer yet? Thanks.

This is finally my opportunity to post something that has been rattling around in my head.

Yes, jahannah, there have been reports of being able to purchase just one alcohol package.

BUT (and this is a HUGE but), the vast majority of those posts on Cruise Critic have been from the same person, posting his one experience in multiple multiple multiple threads.

:)

This is finally my opportunity to post something that has been rattling around in my head.

Yes, jahannah, there have been reports of being able to purchase just one alcohol package.

BUT (and this is a HUGE but), the vast majority of those posts on Cruise Critic have been from the same person, posting his one experience in multiple multiple multiple threads.

A very quick search revealed four people who were able to purchase a single package (frankmac, molsonschooner, jason12, and SConnolly). I have purchased the package for both DW and I, so this is not an issue for me. However, for those who want to try a solo drinking adventure without their partner in crime, it appears that it might be available. I expect the enforcement of this rule will be just as consistently inconsistent as other things Royal does. :D

A very quick search revealed four people who were able to purchase a single package (frankmac, molsonschooner, jason12, and SConnolly). I have purchased the package for both DW and I, so this is not an issue for me. However, for those who want to try a solo drinking adventure without their partner in crime, it appears that it might be available. I expect the enforcement of this rule will be just as consistently inconsistent as other things Royal does. :D

I didn't say that he was the only one. But one of those has posted many many times, and I think that it is important to note that there are not dozens of people on CC who have reported being able to do this.

I think its also important to note that I only post the information when people ask the question.

Its not my fault that there are 876 separate "drinks package" threads on the forum.

Incidentally you can add another experience to it, as my friend was able to purchase the package just for himself on Splendour a few weeks ago

I think its also important to note that I only post the information when people ask the question.

Its not my fault that there are 876 separate "drinks package" threads on the forum.

Incidentally you can add another experience to it, as my friend was able to purchase the package just for himself on Splendour a few weeks ago

Don't be so hypersensitive. It was not a criticism. I wanted everyone to have the correct perception of the issue.

Did your mother not teach you that your reputation is everything?

These boards can be very unforgiving. :)

Don't be so hypersensitive. It was not a criticism. I wanted everyone to have the correct perception of the issue.

Believe me, I'm not in the slightest bit hypersensitive. But it does seem as though me posting my experience in " multiple multiple multiple" threads is annoying you.

If I see someone tell another that all people of drinking age in a cabin HAVE to buy the package, then I just share my experience with them.

I didn't say that he was the only one. But one of those has posted many many times, and I think that it is important to note that there are not dozens of people on CC who have reported being able to do this.

For what it's worth............

I tend to think MM is usually pretty sharp, fair and pragmatic.

Pisses off some folk sometime...:eek:but I'd would rather have a frank perspective like hers.

Just sayin

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

For what it's worth............

I tend to think MM is usually pretty sharp, fair and pragmatic.

Pisses off some folk sometime...:eek:but I'd would rather have a frank perspective like hers.

Just sayin

I fully agree John. I (nearly) always enjoy Merion_Mom's helpful posts.

I have to admit I am intrigued. I was all set to order when our cruise concierge guy confirmed we could buy two separate packages through him (one "classic" for my husband and the premium for me). However, when he told me the house wine available with the package was Sutter Home I stopped the process cold because I knew my hubby would never go for that.