Ironing my wedding clothes on board?

Oceanborn

Hello! We set sail in 4 days for our cruise where we will be getting married at our 1st stop on Grand Turk! I've worked out most of my questions over the last year but I'm still a bit concerned about my wedding clothes. I know they have "Laundry stations" with irons available, but I can't count how many articles of clothing I've ruined at home using an iron that left horrible marks on them from minerals build up etc. I'm a bit scared of the public ironing stations... Does anyone know if Carnival offers any ironing/steaming services? Any personal experience with that? The good news is I bought and had two identical shirts tailored just in case of the unknown :D Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello! We set sail in 4 days for our cruise where we will be getting married at our 1st stop on Grand Turk! I've worked out most of my questions over the last year but I'm still a bit concerned about my wedding clothes. I know they have "Laundry stations" with irons available, but I can't count how many articles of clothing I've ruined at home using an iron that left horrible marks on them from minerals build up etc. I'm a bit scared of the public ironing stations... Does anyone know if Carnival offers any ironing/steaming services? Any personal experience with that? The good news is I bought and had two identical shirts tailored just in case of the unknown :D Thanks in advance for any help!

I would talk with guest services about this. They will understand that this is a special day and I'm sure they will see that things are done right by the laundry service.

Congratulations:)

Thank you for the responses. Yea, I'll definitely get ahold of guest services if I still have questions.

Hmm, good idea... I may also try my route with smuggling a steamer. I've never really used one and don't know how good they work, can't hurt to try though.

If you are worried about the iron leaving rust stains, etc, put a hand towel between the fabric and the iron. I have done that before when not sure about the iron.

Claudia

Fantastic idea! I could also turn the garment inside out to help a bit as well... I guess I just need to brush up a bit on my basic laundry skills. I rely too much on the moist "Quick Refresh" setting on my dryer lol

Thank you!

You use the term "wedding clothes", does that mean a poofy gown or just a nice outfit? Are you driving or flying? Is it packed or are you hand carrying it?

Haha, I'm the groom :D Just a nice white islandy button up and Linen pants. I have my entire outfit rolled up in my carry on and a spare shirt in my checked baggage. Her dress will be our 2nd carry on (Flight)

Edited by Oceanborn

When my son was married on the Dream (October 2012) we packed a steamer in our carry on ....those pesky scanners pickup up on the steamer in our carry on and it was promptly taken away. It didn't ruin his cruise or ceremony (son and daughter in law still looked awesome in the wedding pics), but I paid a lot for that deluxe steamer and really wanted it back...to no avail!

Congrats on your wedding and cruise! :)

Before you leave, try Downy Wrinkle Remover on one of the shirts. It worked great on a wrinkle on my tux. Just make sure you use it ahead of the time when you want to wear it because it makes the piece of clothing wet.

Edited by RWolver672

For our wedding on the Pride we managed to smuggle a small steamer on the ship in case one of our gown's got wrinkled in transit. We ended up not needing it, but it was nice to know it was an option. If it's just the shirt and pants you could send it out. Obviously, I wouldn't send your fiancee's gown. CCL will only cover a very small percentage for damage.