Curious-bring pop or water on board

KruzAholic

You can bring anything non-alcoholic that you like. We brought on a case of water, soda (pop) and some fruit drinks last time, combined it into one case with lots of tape then put a luggage tag on it and it arrived with our luggage. No problems, no worries.

Yes, they have 4 different beverage packages along with some wine packages. The Celebrity site outlines them pretty well. 2 alcoholic and 2 non-alcoholic.

DW and I often bring 1 1/2 - 2 liter bottles of various Diet Soda (including both Coke and Pepsi products) on most of our cruises. Given that we can usually buy 2 liter bottles (on land) for about half the price of a single can onboard we like to think we are beating the "system." On the other hand, we still buy an awful lot of booze onboard :)

Hank

Right now, you can bring bottled water or soda, unlimited quantities, aboard. Of course, once-upon-a-time, you could also bring wine, unlimited quantities aboard too.

DH has same problem with Coke and loves his Pepsi, so we get a case of Pepsi in cans or bottles. He reinforces case with clear packing tape, making sure our luggage tag is on top, taped on of course. We simply drop off that case with our luggage, and we've never had a problem having it delivered to the cabin. In fact, sometimes it arrives before the luggage!

I would caution you, however, not to carry the cans outside your stateroom unless you want to hear the staff telling you to take it back to your cabin. Since they have a contract with Coke products, passengers aren't allowed to walk around advertising another brand.

Have a great cruise.

I would caution you, however, not to carry the cans outside your stateroom unless you want to hear the staff telling you to take it back to your cabin. Since they have a contract with Coke products, passengers aren't allowed to walk around advertising another brand.

That sounds inaccurate - not that staff might say it, but that you can't actually bring them around.

That sounds inaccurate - not that staff might say it, but that you can't actually bring them around.

The whole thing sounds utterly ridiculous to me. If I want to walk around drinking a can of Pepsi then I'm damn well going to do so, "advertising" be damned. I don't care about their contract with Coke, I care about having paid to be there. And if I'm allowed to bring it on board then I'll have my drinks where I please. I've never had an issue with staff or crew, but if they said that to me I might have my first.

Edited by Slopfrog

Right now, you can bring bottled water or soda, unlimited quantities, aboard. Of course, once-upon-a-time, you could also bring wine, unlimited quantities aboard too.

DH has same problem with Coke and loves his Pepsi, so we get a case of Pepsi in cans or bottles. He reinforces case with clear packing tape, making sure our luggage tag is on top, taped on of course. We simply drop off that case with our luggage, and we've never had a problem having it delivered to the cabin. In fact, sometimes it arrives before the luggage!

Have a great cruise.

Yet they allow you to bring it on board by the case? Hmmm, highly doubtful.

They also have a contract with Apple, so would you suggest that carrying a device manufactured by another company would result in a scolding from the staff and orders to return it to my cabin?:confused:

Have a great cruise.

Once a upon a time we could buy duty free on the ship and take it back to the cabin:eek:

You are absolutely allowed to bring cases of soda or any non-alcoholic beverage on board.

I love seltzer (sparkling water) and drink a couple liters a day. This time around we'll have a beverage package that includes same, but on past cruises we've stopped and purchased cases of seltzer, taped cabin tags on them, and had them delivered without any problem to our stateroom.

HCBI

NO truth to that what so ever. I saw many people on my cruise walking around with Pepsi cans. The issue the crew MIGHT and that is a big MIGHT have is that because they serve Coke products they get additional inquiries from guests wondering why some people were able to obtain Pepsi.

We just pick up a handful of luggage tags at the pier, write our cabin number on them, peel off the backing and slap them right on any box or package that we don't want to carry on board ourselves.

They are delivered with the luggage. Never a problem - at least not so far.

When did Celebrity stop allowing wine to be brought onboard? :confused: I was planning to bring my 2 bottles and some Tonic to make wine spritzers.

I don't think they have stopped it all together...just the 'unlimited' part :) Bring your 2 bottles (per stateroom)...I know I will be in a couple of months!

Have a great cruise.

I guess I can't bring my Carnival tervis cup either or my Princess tote?

We bring a Britta water pitcher. Saves all the plastic water bottles. I also have a Britta water bottle I refill. For flavor, bring single packs of propell fitness water powder and other singles mixes.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century