Elite/Platinum

Nervouslyexcited

After reading a lot of threads, Elite and Platinum passengers are mentioned. I presume it is a 'frequent flyer' type category. How many cruises are accrued to reach these levels? Are they different lengths or just number of cruises. Just out of curiosity - obviously - as have just booked our first cruise.

After reading a lot of threads, Elite and Platinum passengers are mentioned. I presume it is a 'frequent flyer' type category. How many cruises are accrued to reach these levels? Are they different lengths or just number of cruises. Just out of curiosity - obviously - as have just booked our first cruise.

Welcome to your first Princess cruise. I hope you have a great time. Where are you going and what ship did you choose?

Yes, platinum and elite are the highest levels of the Captain's Circle awards. You earn platinum when you complete your fifth cruise or 50 cruise days.

Elite is after completing 15 cruises or 150 cruise days.

The other 2 levels are Gold for your first 2 cruises followed by Ruby. You attain Ruby upon completion of your third cruise or 30th cruise day.

Good luck. Wishing you many happy days at sea.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Booking a B2B as a single cruise realizes 3-5% savings.

A phone call to Princess post cruise will garner 2 credits in your Captain Circle account.

My experience has been that a b2b is not always the cheapest & I've sometimes booked as a single cruise because it was less expensive. I always look at both ways of booking & not only consider the cruise fare but the OBCs of a single vs b2b booking.

The onboard Captain's Circle rep can also add an additional cruise credit from a previous b2b cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

My experience has been that a b2b is not always the cheapest & I've sometimes booked as a single cruise because it was less expensive. I always look at both ways of booking & not only consider the cruise fare but the OBCs of a single vs b2b booking.

The onboard Captain's Circle rep can also add an additional cruise credit from a previous b2b cruise.

I too look at both ways. But I saved $2,000 last December by doing them separately.

As for Elite, the sailing on Pacific Princess I got off today was my first as Elite. Just so great not to have to worry about laundry. The other perks were nice too, the tendering and the wine tasting. But it is just so great not to have to spend three hours of a sea day hanging around the laundry room.

I too look at both ways. But I saved $2,000 last December by doing them separately.

As for Elite, the sailing on Pacific Princess I got off today was my first as Elite. Just so great not to have to worry about laundry. The other perks were nice too, the tendering and the wine tasting. But it is just so great not to have to spend three hours of a sea day hanging around the laundry room.

I agree that a b2b is usually the best option particularly after considering my OBCs (FCC, shareholder, veteran & loyalty).

Just hope that you never have a large number of Elites onboard. With over 1200 on the recent Royal 18 day TA it took as long as a week to get laundry back. It was a good thing that we had enough clothing with us when it took so long to get it back. Definitely better than the laundromat but something to consider on cruises with so many Elites onboard.

I agree that a b2b is usually the best option particularly after considering my OBCs (FCC, shareholder, veteran & loyalty).

Just hope that you never have a large number of Elites onboard. With over 1200 on the recent Royal 18 day TA it took as long as a week to get laundry back. It was a good thing that we had enough clothing with us when it took so long to get it back. Definitely better than the laundromat but something to consider on cruises with so many Elites onboard.

I mostly take the small ships, so this should rarely be a problem.

Hopefully not but read posts from many Elites who prefer the small ships. A high percentage of Elites on any size of ship can overwhelm the laundry's capacity.

Not a problem. I was submitting laundry on alternate days, but as I dress informally on board (I do not do formal night), I can easily go four or five days. Or maybe I should start packing my laundry kit again! (tube with detergent tabs, two sandwich bags, one containing fabric softener sheets, the other containing $5 in quarters to get me started in case I don't want to go to customer service).

Not a problem. I was submitting laundry on alternate days, but as I dress informally on board (I do not do formal night), I can easily go four or five days. Or maybe I should start packing my laundry kit again! (tube with detergent tabs, two sandwich bags, one containing fabric softener sheets, the other containing $5 in quarters to get me started in case I don't want to go to customer service).

The Royal has a larger & deeper rectangular sink which was good for items we hand-washed such as our exercise clothing.