Bad news... the Captain Morgan rumor is true, acc to shipboard staff

jaded99

I just got off the Glory, and Captain Morgan was available only at select bars - it was also not printed on ANY of the bar menus... now that's fine, because not all liquors are at all bars, BUT...

In one of the bars that did not have Captain, a woman next to me ordered it, and the bar waiter said that not all bars have it anymore. The woman asked why, and the bar server said, "They're pulling it from bars because they're trying to phase it out and have people order Bacardi Oakheart instead."

I asked another bar server if that was true, and they seemed nonchalant saying that it was true. In other words, most of the bar staff is well aware of it.

So the rumor IS true, I'm afraid. However, Captain is so popular, I doubt they'll be able to KEEP it gone... hopefully they'll realize that sooner rather than later.

Just wanted to share that news.

Edited by jaded99

Bacardi's spiced rum is really good. Unless you're drinking it straight, and no one probably does, you won't tell the difference. Unless you're a raging alcoholic that drinks a lot of Captain, then you'll notice.

How misinformed can one person be? Is that your excuse for no discerning taste? Don't bother answering. They're both rhetorical questions. :rolleyes:

I was off base and rude with my comment. I'm sure Captn lovers can tell the difference, the other 99% of the world would enjoy a spiced rum and coke and not know the difference with either

Thank you. My apologies for snapping. ;)

And may the 1% who prefer a specific liquor of (any brand) continue to enjoy it on cruise vessels without having to pay $75+ for a bottle. Cheers!

I drink only a couple drinks a day. I might have to cave and order through BV.

Edited by seannyice81

Yeah, if you're a rum drinker at all you can tell the difference. Bacardi (ALL Bacardi) has a signature aftertaste. Some people like it, and some do not, but you can definitely tell if something is Bacardi vs Captain.

Edited by jaded99

Yeah, if you're a rum drinker at all you can tell the difference. Bacardi (ALL Bacardi) has a signature aftertaste. Some people like it, and some do not, but you can definitely tell if something is Bacardi vs Captain.
This is what mystifies me about the Captain-related outrage, so please understand that this is a serious and not sarcastic question: really? Even in a rum&coke/diet, which is what most of the unhappy people drink? I mean, I can tell the difference between Patron and well tequila [shudder] shots, but Jack vs Jim, in a whiskey sour? No.

This is what mystifies me about the Captain-related outrage, so please understand that this is a serious and not sarcastic question: really? Even in a rum&coke/diet, which is what most of the unhappy people drink? I mean, I can tell the difference between Patron and well tequila [shudder] shots, but Jack vs Jim, in a whiskey sour? No.

Why would people be upset if they couldn't tell the difference? The answer to your question is really.